Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I RESOLVE  (Read 22955 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: I RESOLVE
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2012, 11:15:15 AM »

I posted this on Facebook as I refused to post what I thought about the "Les Miserables" movie as I didn't want to see the responses to why I'm WRONG in feeling as I did. 

So, DR's, I propose these questions to you:

1. What stage to screen adaptation of a musical do you think has been most successful? And I don't mean financially, just the adaptation itself.

2. What non-musical movie that has been adapted for the stage as a musical has been the most successful with the adaptation? (not financially)

3. What MOVIE-MUSICAL that has had a stage adaptation has been successful?

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2012, 11:20:25 AM »

I saw "Les Miserables" again last night, and I'll probably see it again.  One thing that was interesting is that I saw it at a different theatre and this time they had the sound turned way up, and it made a huge difference i the experience.  I was a blubbering fool at the end and was still shaking when I left the theatre.

The theater where I saw it had the sound turned down way too low.  If I go again I'm going to say something

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2012, 11:28:25 AM »

Wow, best thing this year is kind of difficult.  Not because it was a bad year, but because there wasn't just one good thing.  I think a string of really good results for clients throughout the year may be what was best.  Not only did it help my clients, but it gave me a lot of confidence. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 12:09:24 PM »

I posted this on Facebook as I refused to post what I thought about the "Les Miserables" movie as I didn't want to see the responses to why I'm WRONG in feeling as I did. 

1. What stage to screen adaptation of a musical do you think has been most successful? And I don't mean financially, just the adaptation itself.

2. What non-musical movie that has been adapted for the stage as a musical has been the most successful with the adaptation? (not financially)

1.  THE MUSIC MAN

2. PROMISES, PROMISES

3.  ONCE

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »

1.  THE MUSIC MAN

2. PROMISES, PROMISES

3.  ONCE

I like DR Elmore's answers!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »

Yes, I'll go with Elmore's answers for the first two - haven't seen Once yet.

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »

Same here:  MUSIC MAN, PROMISES PROMISES, and haven't seen ONCE.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »

I'll go with elmore's choices - but haven't seen Once.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »

Page three?  Three pages?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »

I'll go with elmore's choices.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2012, 01:11:11 PM »

Has Les Miz opened yet?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2012, 01:11:47 PM »

Waiting for the helper so I can then settle down and watch some damn movies.  I'll start with that new Clint movie Trouble with the Curve.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »

Good morning.

TOD: My favorite thing I got done this year was hiring a handyman while my DH was visiting his mother to do the three top items on the honeydo list.

;D

Jane

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »

TOD:

The publication of the book continues to be the highlight among highlights, with the trip to Italy and landing my new job also up there. Cancer surgery, I could have done without; but the positive results from that also make it a part of the list.

You were very lucky with the positive results. 
VIBES THEY REMAIN POSITIVE!!!!

Jane

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »

Good morning, all! It'sactually afternoon. I could not drag my tired butt out of bed this morning; I don't feel sick, just fatigued, completely wrung out. I weighed the pros and cons of staying in bed and ifnoring Saturday, then decided I would bathe and dress and move cautiously today. I have a bit of work here on Jerome Moross' BIG COUNTRY scores for his daughter, so I may send her an invoice later for the work so far.

I'm also thinking about cooking, so there may be a trip to market. I see we're getting some actual snoe, but I don't think it's sticking.

Best thing in 2012: releasing three CDs and getting fantastic reviews for two of them and mixed thoughts on the third.

Sometimes DR elmore one needs extra sleep in the morning.  I'm glad you treated yourself.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:19 PM »

TOD:

First, getting my Mom through another two bouts of health episodes. (She is doing terrific now, BTW.)

Second, updating my programming skills at work by immersing myself into a new platform and becoming fairly proficient with it.

Third, finially clearing out my basement of a lot of crap that had been stowed down there over the years.

I am so glad to hear your Mom is doing well, Dan!

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »

I'm enjoying the best things of the year stories.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2012, 02:00:04 PM »

I agree with Elmore's choices, also.  But I haven't seen "Once"

Jane

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »

Look what we saw this morning!!!

Jane

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »

"The Pileated Woodpecker is one of the biggest, most striking forest birds on the continent. It’s nearly the size of a crow, black with bold white stripes down the neck and a flaming-red crest. Look (and listen) for Pileated Woodpeckers whacking at dead trees and fallen logs in search of their main prey, carpenter ants, leaving unique rectangular holes in the wood. The nest holes these birds make offer crucial shelter to many species including swifts, owls, ducks, bats, and pine martens."

Jane

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »

We needed the telescope to get this view so the photo is off of the internet.

Doug R

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »

I finally got round to watching "The Creature From the Black Lagoon" from the Universal Monsters Blu-ray set. Somehow I'd never seen the film before. Why it's considered a classic I don't know. It's incredibly cheesy. I like the way Julia Adams' main activity seemed to be changing into a new outfit several times a day, regardless of the perilous circumstances the group were in!

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »

"The Pileated Woodpecker is one of the biggest, most striking forest birds on the continent. It’s nearly the size of a crow, black with bold white stripes down the neck and a flaming-red crest. Look (and listen) for Pileated Woodpeckers whacking at dead trees and fallen logs in search of their main prey, carpenter ants, leaving unique rectangular holes in the wood. The nest holes these birds make offer crucial shelter to many species including swifts, owls, ducks, bats, and pine martens."

Wow, that's a real treat, DR Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »

Wow, Jane!

I saw one of those when I was visiting my in-laws in Indiana.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »

DR's Ginny & Laura, WOW for sure.  Keith is just thrilled.  It was the bird on his most want to see list.  Seeing it today kind of fits the TOD.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »

Really fun was when it would look directly at us.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »

Landscaping the yard, seeing the dipper & now the woodpecker, definitely exciting highlights of the year.

I mustn't forget the beginning of the year.  Riding a water speed bike, or whatever it is called, in incredibly beautiful Moorea was a lifetime experience.  Included in this was the friendly sting ray that snuggled round & round our legs for us to pet during a short stop at shore to meet him.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »

Very few events in my life have filled me with the joy I felt while watching Bryan become a doctor.  What a joyous day that was. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »

Yes, I'll go with Elmore's answers for the first two - haven't seen Once yet.

I'll go with elmore's choices - but haven't seen Once.

I'll go with elmore's choices.

Is there an echo in the house??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

I haven't seen "Once" or "Promises Promises," but I agree with "The Music Man." 

I'd also add "1776."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up