Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GYU KAKU  (Read 19235 times)

ChasSmith

Re: GYU KAKU
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 07:48:22 AM »

Which at least - fortunately - brings us to PAGE TWO.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 07:50:28 AM »

Well, I see I did it again ... laid back down for a little extra shuteye and stayed logged in, confusing the world as to my whereabouts.

Where's Charles?  _ possible title, maybe we can rework it a bit

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 08:03:27 AM »

Nice article in today's local paper about Middletown AAUW's 57th Annual Used Book Sale
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 08:18:06 AM »

Hi all,

I went to bed early and slept late. 

I have a warning for all of you--that Dr. Oz Raspberry Ketone diet pill.  I thought I'd take it because it was cheap and I heard it worked.   I started on Monday.

Yesterday, I was feeling funny and checked my blood sugar.  Not only was it sky high--over 300--it was flashing "Ketones?".   I didn't know what that meant so I looked it up. 

Here is what I found:

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/complications/ketoacidosis-dka.html

It is VERY dangerous and it said to go to the hospital.  Now I didn't go because I knew I took that pill and that it would go out of my system.  I checked my blood sugar this morning and I'm fine but i will NOT take that pill again. 

I guess the only real way to lose the weight is the hard but safe way. 

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:24:28 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2013, 08:23:50 AM »

I have never had lobster.  I would like to try it but I can't get over the thought that when I would order one,  it would be killed back in the kitchen.  I know, I know that isn't logical -- it's no different for the poor chicken/cow/pig but it's like I've ordered somethings death--just for me and if I don't like it, it died for nothing. 

That and I did work in a seafood factory.  All these years and I still can't get the smell of seafood out of my nose.  I'm only learning to eat some fish but it can't have any fish smell at all or I can't touch it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »

I'm up and awaiting the arrival of she of the Evil Eye.

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 08:36:50 AM »

I guess the only real way to lose the weight is the hard but safe way. 

*Sigh*  Which is why I'm about to go walk 'round and 'round the basement...

I'm glad you're OK, DR Danise!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2013, 08:57:09 AM »

Where the hell is this jerk Fed Ex driver?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »

TOD

Christopher Plummer:

THE SILENT PARTNER
FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
WOLF

Donald Sutherland

DISCLOSURE
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED
DON'T LOOK NOW

I think I saw THE DISAPPEARNCE when it was first released but I don't remember anything about it!

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »

My audiobook from the library has finally finished downloading onto my phone.  Off to the basement - bye for now!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: POLYLEMMA!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  GOTTA BE THIS OR THAT

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2013, 11:29:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: POLYLEMMA!

One of my favorite Haley Mills' films.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »

DR TCB wrote re: Costco
Why would you need anything with your hot dogs?  Two hot dogs, with no soda, suits me just fine

It only comes with 1 hot dog. So it's nice to have something else (i.e., the fries).

That is very true, Jennifer, but you are allowed to order two.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2013, 12:04:35 PM »

Good afternoon, all.

Got up late and started cleaning house. Just a break before I get back at it.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »

TOD:

Donald Sutherland:
MASH
Day of the Locust
Start the Revolution Without Me
Don't Look Now

Christopher Plummer:
The Last Station
Twelve Monkeys
The Man Who Would Be King
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »

Well, the delivery arrived at 2:45. I can go on with my day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2013, 01:15:56 PM »

DR TCB wrote re: Costco
Why would you need anything with your hot dogs?  Two hot dogs, with no soda, suits me just fine

It only comes with 1 hot dog. So it's nice to have something else (i.e., the fries).

That is very true, Jennifer, but you are allowed to order two.

Because of how they sell the hot dogs (they come with a drink) I have actually never noticed people ordering two. I think they should have a 2 hot dog with 1 drink special.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2013, 03:12:50 PM »

Page two?  Two pages?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »

Woah two pages at 3:21 PST???   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »

Back from all manner of things.  Drove around some, exchanged two pairs of pants at Costco, and then killed some time at the Iliad Bookshop in NoHo.  I wish I hadn't.  About eight years ago, someone sold a copy of Benjamin Kritzer there.  And there it's been ever since.  It was signed to someone whose name I don't recognize.  So, I always check to see if it's there and indeed it was, which wasn't much of a surprise.  What WAS a surprise was to see all my other books sitting next to it - all but the Hofstetter books.  I thought it was odd - you never see my stuff in used stores, really.  So I pulled out Rewind to see if it was signed to someone.  It wasn't.  I pulled out Writer's Block to see if it was signed to someone.  It wasn't.  I thumbed through its pages and it was in great condition.  And then something caught my eye - there was a slip of paper that somebody had left in the book.  It was an audition notice.  And, of course, I knew instantly who'd sold all my books and it was confirmed when I pulled out Album Produced By, which was signed personally to the person who sold them.  It made me sick to my stomach.  These are people I befriended (I'm sure you're ahead of me on this), people I nurtured (especially one person), people I was there for, a person I gave employment to repeatedly, and a family I could not have been nicer and more supportive of, until they got weird on me and I had to take a break. Since then, I've been apologized to, I've had an e-mail correspondence some months later where I had to set some things straight because there was such stupid revisionist history going on, and I was promised that we'd work past all that crap and start afresh right after January first of this year.  That, of course, did not happen.  And then they sell all my books - books I gave to them, books they professed to love.  Whether the Hofstetter books were amongst them is not known to me, but I looked for them in mysteries and in the new stuff that had been put out and they certainly weren't there.  Maybe one family member kept those.  Once again, my instinct was to send an e-mail, but I think I'm not going to do it.  What I am going to do is have a lawyer send a little letter outlining some dos and don't in terms of work to which I have the rights.  They will not be allowed to ever perform anything that I contributed to in terms of writing and/or arrangements - ever.  I think divorcing myself from this once and for all and letting this come from an attorney is the best way to deal with it and that's that.  And sadly, what they've done here just makes me want to close off to everyone, so that selfish, unhappy people can't do this to me ever again.  The End.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 03:49:35 PM »

From DR TCB:
Today was a beautiful day here in Western Washington.  Bright blue skies and temperatures in the 50's.  And I had a nice leisurely lunch with two old friends.  One was the first girl I ever went on a date with, and one was the girl I was engaged to while in college.

I'm glad you had a nice afternoon out.  How is it the two women are also friends?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »

Really, get me off this damn page or there will be hell toupee and I'm not KIDDING!

Jane

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »

DR John G, that's great & somewhat scary you were hired full time before the jobs closed up.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »

From DR John G:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=upbiQ4r0e9k

A funny cat video for all you cat lovers.

The music really makes the video :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2013, 03:54:49 PM »

We'd best get some postin' goin' on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2013, 03:56:04 PM »

I had a Chinese chicken salad for my meal o' the day - very good.  Had a fun meeting with a seventeen-year-old singer, her mother, who is Karen Culliver (a Phantom Christine for many years), and Adryan Russ.  She's adorable and I now have a sense of her and will choose songs for her.  Her grandma was Betty Garrett.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »

Few GUESTS, no regulars - this will NOT do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »

I've had dinner, and I will settle in with afew books that arrived in today's post, look over them during Channel 13's Britcom hour from 8-9pm. Then I will watch the remainder of the BBC HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY. Tomorrow, I have a morning at Toyland, then a visit with a copyist for the Jerome Moross scores who's in town on business.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »

And that did not get us to

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2013, 04:11:13 PM »

Page Three?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up