Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LUG NUTS  (Read 20767 times)

MBarnum

Re: LUG NUTS
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 08:08:54 AM »

TOD:

The only Sherlock Holmes films I have seen are the Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce ones, but I don't know which was my first....maybe PEARL OF DEATH...I know that one was always my favorite.  I began watching them when I was in grade school as they were playing every Saturday morning.

One day I should take some time to see the Hammer versions.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 08:10:31 AM »

Elmore, is an unpeasant response the same as a royal response?

I don't know!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 08:10:51 AM »

TOD

I read all the Holmes stories when I was about 12 years old. The first Holmes film I saw was the 1959 "Hound of the Baskervilles", although I didn't much care for Peter Cushing as Holmes. My favorite Holmes is Douglas Wilmer from the 1964 BBC TV series and who looked exactly like the original Strand Magazine illustrations of the character. Now in his 90s he was in the last episode of the BBC "Sherlock"

I saw "A Study in Terror" when it was first released but didn't much care for it. It was an over-sensationalised Holmes film - at least for 1965. It received a British X ceritificate.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:19:25 AM by Doug R »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 08:12:39 AM »

TOD:

First saw The Hound of the Baskervilles with Mr Rathbone on late night TV.  And then watched all of them in the series.

I like A Study In Terror.....and I like ALL versions of the HOUND.....DR CP wrote a very nice version.  My least favorite is probably the Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing version.....

I have read a SH Collection.....and even of the stories HOUND is my favorite.

I think Peter Cushing and the Baskerville Hound are my first memories of Sherlock Holmes. I'm very fond of A STUDY IN TERROR; it may have been my first exposure to Robert Morely who was very funny as Mycroft.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 08:39:09 AM »

Correction:  Richard and I are not taking my Mother shopping.  We are going to pick up her list and credit card and go shopping for her.  She's just not up to it - a new trend, I'm afraid...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 08:45:22 AM »

Email got hacked again, in case anyone gets a "Sad News" email from me. Please disregard.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 08:46:26 AM »

Email got hacked again, in case anyone gets a "Sad News" email from me. Please disregard.

Which email service do you use, DR John G.?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 08:51:25 AM »

DR John G, I am sorry to hear your bad news. I just got your email:

Good Day

It takes me great pain to write this mail to you and i feel so devastated...
Both My family and I are stuck in Manila, Philippines at the moment. We are on a short trip to Philippines and unfortunately we got robbed last night, it was terrible and so scary... Cash,credit cards and cell phone were stolen but luckily for us no one was hurt and we still have our passports.

I am  really having some difficulties clearing our hotel bills and also need to pick up a voucher ticket at the counter for us to catch a flight back home as soon as possible.
All we need right now is $1,850 USD but anything you can spare pending when we get things straightened out will be appreciated and I promise to refund you as soon as we arrive home safely. Western union is the best way to get money across to me.
Kindly email me back to let you know the remittance info.

I look forward to read from you.

The check is in the mail!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 08:57:19 AM »

the laundry is in the washers and I am waiting on the plumber. My radiator is leaking into the apartment below. What a pile of crap!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:04:55 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »

I am not a Catholic and I don't care what anyone's religious beliefs are so long as they don't threaten my life and my health, but I am sick of this pope nonsense. As long as those folk in the Vatican insist on keeping their church in the dark ages and behaving hypocritically over the scandalous behavior of some of their representatives inthe priesthood and the convent, I'll only be interested in what they have to say when the pope picks up his skirts and leads that church into the nineteenth century. It's too much to hope those old queens will ever get to the 21st.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:05:42 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »

That should liven things up today!

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 09:05:03 AM »

That DR Elmore is all heart!

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 09:06:54 AM »

Totally agree, re Catholic Church.

And I've got no horse in this race.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 09:22:53 AM »

DR JOHN G has your camera turned up yet?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 09:23:35 AM »

DR RLP - yesterday DR DOUG R was talking about having TOO many DVD's.  I think that you have solved that problem.....you might tell him how you store your disks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »

I like A STUDY IN TERROR....and since it was a Herman Cohen production.....I looked for the cast member who most likely was chased around the desk.....it didn't take long to find him.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »

I like A STUDY IN TERROR....and since it was a Herman Cohen production.....I looked for the cast member who most likely was chased around the desk.....it didn't take long to find him.

The world is waiting for that Herman Cohen bio! And I'd bet that DR MBarnum is waiting for the one chased around the desk.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »

Good Day

It takes me great pain to write this mail to you and i feel so devastated...
Both My family and I are stuck in Manila, Philippines at the moment. We are on a short trip to Philippines and unfortunately we got robbed last night, it was terrible and so scary... Cash,credit cards and cell phone were stolen but luckily for us no one was hurt and we still have our passports.

I am  really having some difficulties clearing our hotel bills and also need to pick up a voucher ticket at the counter for us to catch a flight back home as soon as possible.
All we need right now is $1,850 USD but anything you can spare pending when we get things straightened out will be appreciated and I promise to refund you as soon as we arrive home safely. Western union is the best way to get money across to me.
Kindly email me back to let you know the remittance info.

I look forward to read from you.

I got that, also!  You mean you're NOT stuck in Manila with you're family??  That's a relief!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »

As I've said elsewhere, I'm really very confused that the people on the chat boards seem to be calling everyone who is loving KINKY BOOTS a shill - our "bridge and tunnel" friends and friends who saw it in Chicago have enjoyed it a great deal, and believe me, for the most part, they don't know nobody in show business (except the likes of us).  Nobody's claiming it's great literature, but the raving to their friends has been unmistakable.

Some people always complain because they just have to complain...about anything. :P

(I work with one.)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »

I do believe I'm up.

George

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »

Topic of the Day:

My first Holmes film was probably "The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother."  The first Holmes movie that I bought was "The Seven-Per-Cent Solution."  The first, and so far only, Holmes stage version was when I was involved in the 3-person version of "The Hound of the Baskervilles" a couple of years ago.  That was so much fun!

As for favorites, I remember really liking both the previously mentioned movies and play, as well as "They Might Be Giants," and the Benedict Cumberbatch British TV version, as well as the cast recordings of Baker Street and the Leslie Bricusse musical version (I only know these from the recordings).  I haven't seen the Jonny Lee Miller version.  

That's all the Holmes that I can remember experiencing.

FJL

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2013, 10:11:35 AM »

JohnG - I just dropped in and will catch up later, but I had hand-delivered to you a Manila envelope with an address to go to where a chiropractor will be able to straighten you out.  Did i read your concerns right?  So glad I could help.  you can always count on us. 

I'll catch up later but so glad we're here and you're there and we could eb here for you.

FJL

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »

Does the Gerry Raffrety song BAKER STREET count?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »

The laundry is finished and I am waiting on the arrival of the plumber. My plans for my day off have certainly gone to hell.

Laura

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »

Happy Pi Day!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »

DR John I hope you find your camera.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »

And he has arrived. He's seeing the super to have the boiler turned off.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2013, 10:29:33 AM »

From DR Cilla:
thank you.  She was at work today and feeling a lot better

Good to hear.

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »

I guess I need to watch this movie.

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »

"Waiting for the Arrival of the Plumber" is the title of my next steamy novel.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up