Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LUG NUTS  (Read 20768 times)

MBarnum

Re: LUG NUTS
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »

...I blame all of my posts today on allergies.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »

From DR Laura:
I know, Jane. Someone unfriended me once that I know of. I figured it out. I had hurt feelings for a while. I guess I'd rather not know if someone unfriends me.

I've only had one real friend unfriend me.  A few others did & I was just fine with it or, in one situation, understood the person was reducing their FB friend to their personal friends.

It is hard not to notice when someone is posting on a regular basis and then stops.  My first instinct is to make sure the person is ok.

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »

Page 2 Herman Cohen actors dance

Jane

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2013, 10:40:27 AM »

From DR George:
I've only unfriended a couple of people because I didn't really know them.  They were friends of friends who, for whatever reason, wanted to be friends with me.  Their updates didn't interest me, so I put an end to that.  I have five friend requests that I haven't responded to.  I don't know who they are at all, so why would they want to be Facebook friends??

I've had tons of those through the Bernese Mountain Dog community which I'm still involved, which is why I limited my acceptances to those I am aware of my name and have had conversations with through friends.

What I don't get is sending an invite to someone that doesn't know you without including a message to introduce yourself.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »

NO MORE PANIC ATTACK VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2013, 10:44:08 AM »

There was only one time that I noticed that someone had unfriended me on Facebook, and that was only because someone told me that this person had unfriended me.

It was a childhood buddy of mine (5th through 8th grade) who found out I was gay and decided he didn't want to  be Facebook friends any longer. He also unfriended a mutual friend who is gay, but he kept the mutual straight friend from our old gang of four.

It was too bad as the four of us hadn't seen each other in almost 30 years and managed to find each other on Facebook.

It didn't hurt my feelings, however. In fact I hadn't even noticed he was missing from my Facebook feed as he didn't really post very often.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:48:16 AM by MBarnum »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2013, 10:44:35 AM »

Email got hacked again, in case anyone gets a "Sad News" email from me. Please disregard.

Which email service do you use, DR John G.?
Yahoo.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2013, 10:45:01 AM »

DR John G, I am sorry to hear your bad news. I just got your email:

Good Day

It takes me great pain to write this mail to you and i feel so devastated...
Both My family and I are stuck in Manila, Philippines at the moment. We are on a short trip to Philippines and unfortunately we got robbed last night, it was terrible and so scary... Cash,credit cards and cell phone were stolen but luckily for us no one was hurt and we still have our passports.

I am  really having some difficulties clearing our hotel bills and also need to pick up a voucher ticket at the counter for us to catch a flight back home as soon as possible.
All we need right now is $1,850 USD but anything you can spare pending when we get things straightened out will be appreciated and I promise to refund you as soon as we arrive home safely. Western union is the best way to get money across to me.
Kindly email me back to let you know the remittance info.

I look forward to read from you.

The check is in the mail!

I got that, also!  You mean you're NOT stuck in Manila with you're family??  That's a relief!

;)

;D  ;D

Jane

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2013, 10:46:55 AM »

There was only one time that I noticed that someone had unfriended me on Facebook, and that was only because someone told me that this person had unfriended me.

It was a childhood buddy of mine (5th through 8th grade) who found out I was gay and decided he didn't want to  be Facebook friends any longer. He also unfriended a mutual friend who is gay, but he kept the mutual straight friend from our old gang of four.

It was too bad as the four of us hadn't seen each other in almost 30 years and managed to find each other on Facebook.

It didn't hurt my feelings, however, but I was a little surprised.

That is a sad reason.  I'm glad it didn't hurt your feelings.

John G.

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »

JohnG - I just dropped in and will catch up later, but I had hand-delivered to you a Manila envelope with an address to go to where a chiropractor will be able to straighten you out.  Did i read your concerns right?  So glad I could help.  you can always count on us. 

I'll catch up later but so glad we're here and you're there and we could eb here for you.

Thank you, Fred.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2013, 10:47:59 AM »

My favorite Sherlock Holmes

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »

I still recommend that all Sherlock Holmes fans watch the eerie 1962 Indian version of HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES titled BEES SAAL BAAD...it is a terrific film.

John G.

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2013, 11:11:12 AM »

If it's good, why is it baad, MBarnum?
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »

JohnG - I just dropped in and will catch up later, but I had hand-delivered to you a Manila envelope with an address to go to where a chiropractor will be able to straighten you out.  Did i read your concerns right?  So glad I could help.  you can always count on us. 

I'll catch up later but so glad we're here and you're there and we could eb here for you.

Thank you, Fred.

Any time.  I guess if you're posting, all must be OK.  Phew! 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »

Today I was at WalMart - and they had DJANGO UNCHAINED Blu Rays and DVD's for sale....  But the movie isn't being released until April 16.  What are they selling in those packages?

There was something about seeing the movie early on some service.....but if I hadn't read the package carefully, I would have thought I was buying the Blu Ray....I still don't understand what it was.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:59 AM »

The one bit of good news today is that I've heard from the recording producer's assistant Jeanne, whom I like very much; the second act of DEAREST ENEMY should arrive via sendspace today.

The plumber has finished the first round of the job, and he's gone off to get a valve and to turn on the boiler. I hope he returns soon because the boiler is back on and it's steaming up the apartmetn and it's getting hotter than hell.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2013, 11:29:02 AM »

The one bit of good news today is that I've heard from the recording producer's assistant Jeanne, whom I like very much; the second act of DEAREST ENEMY should arrive via sendspace today.

The plumber has finished the first round of the job, and he's gone off to get a valve and to turn on the boiler. I hope he returns soon because the boiler is back on and it's steaming up the apartmetn and it's getting hotter than hell.
Proper plumbing vibes.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »

Today I was at WalMart - and they had DJANGO UNCHAINED Blu Rays and DVD's for sale....  But the movie isn't being released until April 16.  What are they selling in those packages?

There was something about seeing the movie early on some service.....but if I hadn't read the package carefully, I would have thought I was buying the Blu Ray....I still don't understand what it was.
Maybe it's like buying a ticket in advance. That way you're guaranteed a copy the day it is released.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2013, 11:32:24 AM »

I finished the second disk of WEST POINT - they definitely decided to add the gals to the stories....to the detriment of the show.

However Mr Race Gentry did make another appearance....and Mr Larry Hagman appeared in the first scene of one episode.

DR JOHN G - that makes sense....but why package it EXACTLY like a Blu Ray or DVD....I mean, I would guess some people will pick it up thinking they are getting the movie....I ALMOST did.....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »

The plumber has gone, I've cleaned up the detritus, vacuumed, put a screen in one of my windows, and spoken to Joshie. Tomorrow I'll go to the Encores! orchestra rehearsal and meet his parents, who are in for the weekend.  I'll try to grab a moment with Rob Berman about the ROBERTA megillah.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »

From DR Laura:
I know, Jane. Someone unfriended me once that I know of. I figured it out. I had hurt feelings for a while. I guess I'd rather not know if someone unfriends me.

I've only had one real friend unfriend me.  A few others did & I was just fine with it or, in one situation, understood the person was reducing their FB friend to their personal friends.

It is hard not to notice when someone is posting on a regular basis and then stops.  My first instinct is to make sure the person is ok.

My cousin's new wife was very active on facebook and then just closed up her account. IT was very odd. Because one day you'd get a bunch of posts from her a day and then the next she was gone. Personally if i ever did that i would make a post saying i was not going to be on facebook anymore. I wouldn't just delete my account/unfriend everyone.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »

Some people temporarily delete their Facebook account when they are job hunting or while going through a divorce...the latter is the case with one of my relatives whose attorney recommended he do so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2013, 01:21:04 PM »

Back from a four-mile jog.  Difficult doesn't exactly do it justice - I thought I was literally going to die.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2013, 01:29:23 PM »

I would say divorce or death would be the only way to get some people off Facebook.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »

The visitation coming to Larry on the major event day in Vatican City -  I worry that a parody lyric for "A Call from the Vatican" may be coming on, maybe I should get some coffee before I'm moved to actually do soemthing about that.

:)

Please go through with this idea :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »

Nice day again.  Went for a walk, had some lunch, now it's onward and upward to whatever happens.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »

Good news! :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »

Good news! :)

Yes, but I'm still waiting!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2013, 02:11:29 PM »

And waiting no more!

I have some downloading to do.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »

From DR Laura:

My cousin's new wife was very active on facebook and then just closed up her account. IT was very odd. Because one day you'd get a bunch of posts from her a day and then the next she was gone. Personally if i ever did that i would make a post saying i was not going to be on facebook anymore. I wouldn't just delete my account/unfriend everyone.

I do find that strange when it happens.  I have read posts by people saying they are either shutting down or reducing the number of friends.  I acknowledge the post & say I understand.

Out of those FB friends I suspected I might be in the "cut" group it seems acknowledging them kept me in the loop.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up