Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: COLONEL PANIC  (Read 20505 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
COLONEL PANIC
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:56:35 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had kernels and a little panic, and now it is time for you to post until the panicked cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: COLONEL PANIC
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »

And the word of the day is: CARMINATIVE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »

And the very happiest of haineshisway.com birthdays to my very own Darling Daughter.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to BK's Daughter!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 12:21:34 AM »

Topic of the Day:

My favorite fruits?  A lot of them...bananas, cherries, blueberries, watermelon, grapes, etc.  What do I like to do with them??  Eat them, of course! ;D

My favorite vegetables?  Not as many...corn, tomatoes and onions (especially on hamburgers), garlic, bell peppers (especially on sub sandwiches), potato, pumpkin (especially as pie), etc. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 04:27:02 AM »

Happy Birthday to the Daughter of BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 04:27:18 AM »

Today is Saturday so of course it is a work day.  oh well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 04:27:56 AM »

Thunderstorms today.  The thunder started about 6 a.m.  We have not seen any rain yet, though.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 04:28:37 AM »

TOD:

Bananas, grapes, apples

Vegetables: Potatoes and corn....sometimes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 05:06:35 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to BK's Daughter!! ;D

Ditto!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 05:12:04 AM »

Off to work.  Oh well.

Toyland vibes for DR ELMORE.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 05:15:56 AM »

Good morning, all!  I went to bed around 9pm, andI slepy very well until around 11:30, when the neighbor above he arrived home with his lady friend and proceeded to fill my apartment with the sound of their lusual noise, their eight feet in heavy workboots clomping about the floor, the thuds of the unfolding bed and several large objects hitting the floor at various moments.  Needless to say, I was not amused, and after their wandering about the apartment and other noises died around 12:30, I was awake until around 2:00am plotting horrible deaths for them.  As a result, I ignored the 6:30 alarm and slept in until 8:00.  I am not happy about this.

I am off to Toyland.  I have things to attend to. More from there.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 05:39:15 AM »

Good Saturday morning, all.

Had a pretty decent sleep, thankyouverymuch.  Now enjoying a banana (one of my very favorite fruits), and oatmeal raisin cookie, and

COFFEE.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 05:40:18 AM »

FJL

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 05:41:28 AM »

Happy birthday to BK's daughter!

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 05:42:11 AM »

A busy Saturday ahead of moi, so I won't be here much.  Auditions to play, errands to run, St. Patty's Day supplies to gather while I may, and closing night at the theatuh.

FJL

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 05:44:18 AM »

Larry, i hope when i called and left the message, the ringing didn't wake you up.  i hadn't read yet that you were feeling so poorly, I wouldn't have rung (rang?) if i'd known you were trying to sleep. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 05:44:32 AM »

I think there should be a three-day-weekend holiday named in honor of Colonel Panic.

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 05:45:15 AM »

Wasn't he a distant relation of Major Major Major Major and Sergeant Shriver?

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 05:45:20 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I'm due at the book sale at noon for another 3-hour shift.  The Easter Bunny arrives at the mall at 12:30 and will hand out a flyer with coupons from several establishments.  We contributed a coupon for 1 free red-stickered children's book (25 cents).  The hope, of course, is that the parents spend some money, too.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 05:46:15 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to BK's Darling Daughter!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 05:46:32 AM »

A busy Saturday ahead of moi, so I won't be here much.  Auditions to play, errands to run, St. Patty's Day supplies to gather while I may, and closing night at the theatuh.

Sounds like a success d'estime that everyone can be proud of.  I hope when you look back on it, that's what you'll all remember, the artistic good feeling.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 06:28:54 AM »

Larry, i hope when i called and left the message, the ringing didn't wake you up.  i hadn't read yet that you were feeling so poorly, I wouldn't have rung (rang?) if i'd known you were trying to sleep. 

Actually, DR FJL, you called while I was taking a hot bath. I don't feel particularly poorly; I'm getting little sleep between the current ROBERTA stress, concerns over the DEAREST ENEMY edits, and the neighbor above me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 06:29:39 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I'm due at the book sale at noon for another 3-hour shift.  The Easter Bunny arrives at the mall at 12:30 and will hand out a flyer with coupons from several establishments.  We contributed a coupon for 1 free red-stickered children's book (25 cents).  The hope, of course, is that the parents spend some money, too.

Any good books?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 06:33:32 AM »

I loved the chorus for EILEEN, but the Dublin production team decided to change chorus personnel and the sopranos on DEAREST ENEMY, mostly young college girls from the City University, sound like anemic chorus boys! I worked my butt off on this recording and I'm feeling that several of my team let me down. Perhaps we can fix it in the mix?

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 06:36:16 AM »

Any good books?

There was still a great selection when I left yesterday at 2pm.  Want me to look for anything for you?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 06:50:51 AM »

TOD:

bananas, strawberries, blueberries, peaches

I don't know you, but I eat them.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 06:58:10 AM »

Any good books?

There was still a great selection when I left yesterday at 2pm.  Want me to look for anything for you?

I appreciate the offer. How about GOWNS BY ROBERTA by Alice Duer Miller.

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 07:11:40 AM »

Any good books?

Well, DR Elmore, I just had to look up ADM because I'd never heard of her.  Thank you for the lead on a "new" author for my book group to read!  I'll look for your book, but don't hold your breath.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 07:15:15 AM »

Any good books?

Well, DR Elmore, I just had to look up ADM because I'd never heard of her.  Thank you for the lead on a "new" author for my book group to read!  I'll look for your book, but don't hold your breath.

I figured! Miller's chief claim to fame is writing MRS MINIVER, I believe. I think she's an awful writer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up