Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY I MOSEYED  (Read 10342 times)

Ginny

Re: THE DAY I MOSEYED
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 08:31:54 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's cool and slightly hazy here in SW Ohio, perfect for all the outdoor events in our area this weekend - as long as the rain stays away...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 08:31:57 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, waiting for she of the Evil Eye to arrive, after which I shall jog.

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 08:32:08 AM »

Welcome to page 2!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 08:32:29 AM »

DR Elmore - I think you need a vacation...

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 08:32:55 AM »

It was great to see DR Danise's video last night!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »

I believe you may be right!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 08:56:09 AM »

Good morning, all.

Rise above, Elmore, and ignore. He's not worth it.

Clearly, others find him insufferable, too, but he works as a "critic" and knows nothing, he is obtuse, he misses irony, has little sense of humor, and thinks he's God's gift to intellect a fool I suffer with no
patience at all. If there were a picture dictionary of the world, he would be the photo for "clueless."

But, all the same, I let him get to me and I'm clearly in a hostile mood I do not like, like letting that old bag pissme off for stealing my time and monet at the laundromat: $0.50 worth. It wasn't the theft, it was her rudeness.

I call those people academics. I bs them in school giving them what they want, though often cloaked in what I want to write. Then I move on with my life.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: EXIGUOUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  LITTLE LAMB

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »

So, when can we expect you?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »

You think visiting my family is a vacation?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »

I wish that blasted property would sell!

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »

Oh, silly me!

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 09:38:25 AM »

I get the daily email summary for CASTREC.  I would never dream of putting my own ignorance out there, but I love skimming over it every day.  The day in question just got here.  Holy sh moley.  I have no idea who that guy is, but I would answer the question "who better to conduct Bernstein's music than Bernstein?" with:  ANYBODY (not to be confused with Anybodys). 

The man was a genius, certainly one of my favorite iconic people of the twentieth century, and there probably are some decent recordings of his out there -- but not of his own musicals.  Going as far back as the early 1960s Symphonic Dances, the recordings are enthusiastic as all hell, but sloppy and just kind of all over the place.  Other American composers like Gershwiin, for whom you'd think he would have been an ideal interpreter, fared little or no better under his stick.

The magnificent failure of the DGG recording of WSS is endlessly fascinating.  DR Elmore fights the good fight.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:40:13 AM by ChasSmith »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »

Oh, silly me!

LOL!  Actually, I love visiting Randy and Jo. It's the Macbeths I fear.  Maybe I'll look into flight. the killer is the car rental.

Outside of my tiff at the laundromat, I've had a constructive morning: laundry finished, floors swept, vacuumed and mopped, and I need a larger trunk for my bed linens: I have no idea where I'll put this comforter now that the winter is over! I would kill for another room!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »

I get the daily email summary for CASTREC.  I would never dream of putting my own ignorance out there, but I love skimming over it every day.  The day in question just got here.  Holy sh moley.  I have no idea who that guy is, but I would answer the question "who better to conduct Bernstein's music than Bernstein?" with:  ANYBODY (not to be confused with Anybodys). 

The man was a genius, certainly one of my favorite iconic people of the twentieth century, and there probably are some decent recordings of his out there -- but not of his own musicals.  Going as far back as the early 1960s Symphonic Dances, the recordings are enthusiastic as all hell, but sloppy and just kind of all over the place.  Other American composers like Gershwiin, for whom you'd think he would have been an ideal interpreter, fared little or no better under his stick.

The magnificent failure of the DGG recording of WSS is endlessly fascinating.  DR Elmore fights the good fight.

Thank you, DR ChasSmith!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »

I have not ever played in the stock market, although I know several people who have, and several relatives who do.  Their one big complaint in broker fees that cost them a big chuck of their "profits" no matter how they try to manage it.

They must be doing something wrong then.  They can manage it themselves and avoid the broker fees.

Jane

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »

Whoa.  Fascinating but aggravating stuff, DR Elmore.

Yeah, and I shouldn't have let him get to me!

True.  Take deep breaths next time & play soothing music. :)

Jane

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »

DR elmore has it is spring can you take the train for a day trip to someplace relaxing?

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »

You think visiting my family is a vacation?
It may make the other problems see much smaller ;)

FJL

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2013, 10:14:57 AM »

DR elmore has it is spring can you take the train for a day trip to someplace relaxing?

Larry, it's a thought.  After the tarot card death threat, someone suggested that I might want to find someplace more relaxing than the Broadwayworld "Off-Topic message boards."   Like maybe a snakepit.   :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2013, 10:15:32 AM »

Oh, silly me!

LOL!  Actually, I love visiting Randy and Jo. It's the Macbeths I fear.  Maybe I'll look into flight. the killer is the car rental.

Outside of my tiff at the laundromat, I've had a constructive morning: laundry finished, floors swept, vacuumed and mopped, and I need a larger trunk for my bed linens: I have no idea where I'll put this comforter now that the winter is over! I would kill for another room!

Well that's an option.  I wouldn't recommend it as killing tends to get you a much smaller room, although there is no rent there and they do the laundry for you

FJL

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »

Danise - yay and hooray about yesterday's posts

FJL

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2013, 10:17:11 AM »

Bruce - loved this release.  This could really make a great movie.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2013, 10:17:32 AM »

Or a TV movie.  Does your agent do those deals for you?

FJL

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2013, 10:18:11 AM »

Ron - now that's quite a great excuse for being E&T.  Wonderful!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »

Oh, silly me!

Well that's an option.  I wouldn't recommend it as killing tends to get you a much smaller room, although there is no rent there and they do the laundry for you

That's my second laugh for the past few days! Thanks.

FJL

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 10:18:48 AM »

Thanks, George and vixmom!

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2013, 10:20:28 AM »

Callie's leg seems better but the antibiotics don't seem to be agreeing with her intestinal system....if you get the drift.  It does mean that she doesn't have to take her usual meds this morning, as there is no point in stool softeners.   I'm still quite concerned, though. She seems pretty weak.  I'm hoping once we're done with the antibiotics she'll keep improving

FJL

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2013, 10:20:42 AM »

Oh, silly me!

Ooh, I like that!  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 10:21:38 AM »

Oh, silly me!

That's my second laugh for the past few days! Thanks.

You are most welcome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up