Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY I MOSEYED  (Read 10340 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE DAY I MOSEYED
« on: May 03, 2013, 11:38:11 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes moseyed along, and now it is time for you to post until the moseying cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DAY I MOSEYED
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »

And the word of the day is: EXIGUOUS!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 04:28:05 AM »

First after BK .   Huzzah!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 04:28:23 AM »

Today is a work day.  Oh well.  It might rain today, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 04:29:16 AM »

I have not ever played in the stock market, although I know several people who have, and several relatives who do.  Their one big complaint in broker fees that cost them a big chuck of their "profits" no matter how they try to manage it.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 04:43:33 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:57:40 AM »

Good morning, all.

Oy.  Last night I started slipping backward instead of moving forward with this damned cold.  I am SO glad I've moved my Ohio trip to the week after next.  For now, I just need to rest, play the last two shows, and keep on resting till this thing passes.

Coffee!

ChasSmith

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 05:04:58 AM »

I was going to go out to the Lafayette Theatre this morning to see a 35mm print of the Danny Kaye HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN, but last night I came home to the nicest thing -- an email from Peter Apruzzese the projectionist who knows I drive over an hour to get there, advising me that he received the print yesterday and it looks faded to red.  He was going to check further this morning, but guessed it was a no go and that he'll have to run the Blu-ray.  That's too bad -- it happened to them a couple of years ago with the Hammer HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES -- but as it turns out, I desperately need the rest anyway.

ChasSmith

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 05:10:24 AM »

TOD

I had a 401(k) that was mostly in stocks so I've certainly been aware of the effect of the ups and downs over the past several years.  But I've never played the stock market in the usual sense.  Definitely fascinated, but ignorant.  I would feel totally intimidated by it, and by those fee-eating brokers.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 05:25:59 AM »

good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 05:30:16 AM »

I ran lights for a production of Bullshot Crummond years ago and had the pleasure of flicking mayonnaise on the actors as they sent a bird (forgot what kind it was) on its way. As the show ran and got looser and funnier more mayo was flung.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 05:50:35 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept very poorly, some of it provoked, I'm sure, by physical problems and much of it from the events of yesterday afternoon with a brouhaha provoked by my intense dislike for one of the posters on another site, who seems to know little but who works as a published critic. His usual modus operandi on that site is to post an inquiry based on one of his often misinformed misguided opinions and to defend it endlessly, no matter how many others refute it or take an opposite opinion. During the 1010 revival of FINIAN'S RAINBOW, he obsessed over the "blackface" problem of the role of the bigoted senator, although he apparently has no problems of singers donning blackface in AIDA. Photos and other opinions did nothing: his obsession and responses were endless.

I decided then and after several other things he's pulled that he was a fool I suffered with no patience at all. I ignore him alot of the time but I've been in a rather belligerent mood lately and I prefaced my response that "whenever he posts, I see red." I then said nothing else remotely critical about him but gave my opinion on the recording in question (Bernstein's conducting WEST SIDE STORY with Dreary Te Kanawa) and this was followed by a shrill post  from him threatening to unsubscribe and ending with a WTF?, so I responded, saying this was the third time he'd unsubscribed when he got his panties in a bunch and he shouldn't tire himself out with empty threats.

I got several thank you responses from members who clearly find him insufferable as well along with a lot of "this was uncalled for" responses from others. I apologized to the subscribers and then felt rotten about the situation the rest of the day.

So, today I'm spending in solitude and contemplation, working on liner notes and cleaning house.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:34:44 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 05:51:21 AM »

DR Danise, great news! Sometimes all good thingscome to those who wait. And rattle a few cages.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 05:54:03 AM »

Howdy, elmore!  How are you other than that, my friend?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 05:56:23 AM »

T.O.D.

I have more than enough trouble balancing my checkbook; so I would be a mess on the stock market.  I had a Deferred Compensation account that dropped half of its value back in 06 or 07.  Now I have a financial advisor who handles my retirement funds for me.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 05:58:21 AM »

Whoa.  Fascinating but aggravating stuff, DR Elmore.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 06:07:54 AM »

Re:  Danise's new septic system.

I thought she looked a bit flushed!
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 06:19:12 AM »

A hot sunny weekend was forecast. It was fine yesterday but now it's raining!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 06:32:54 AM »

TOD:

I never did well with the stock market, so I keep my $ in various solid mutual funds.
You can dream…or you can do.

KevinH

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 06:33:30 AM »

Good morning!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 06:33:35 AM »

Re:  Danise's new septic system.

I thought she looked a bit flushed!

First laugh in two days!
Thank you, DR TCB!

KevinH

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 06:34:18 AM »

Congrats to DR Danise!

KevinH

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 06:34:51 AM »

How are you enjoying the cruise, TCB?  Are you at sea?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 06:35:16 AM »

Whoa.  Fascinating but aggravating stuff, DR Elmore.

Yeah, and I shouldn't have let him get to me!

Laura

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 06:37:57 AM »

Good morning. I will take Jason out this morning for a bit, and then he has to be back for the matinee performance.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 06:39:31 AM »

TOD: My DH played with the stock market once years ago. The broker kept calling with recommendations for moving the money around until it was ALL gone in commissions. Never again.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »

Good morning, all.

Rise above, Elmore, and ignore. He's not worth it.

Slept, by and large, eight hours, which was much needed after the thunderstorm the other night robbed me of about four hours of sleep. I might have slept longer but JB wanted to play and he can get very loud when he demands that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 07:24:01 AM »

TOD: Other than having stocks in my various 401(K) plans and stock I bought as an employee of a New York Times paper, nope. That's too much for me to take care of. I do monitor the plans quarterly to see how they are doing. When I hit 50 last fall, that was supposedly a marker to become more conservative with how much you have in stocks vs. mutual funds, etc., but stocks have been performing as if on steroids, so I've left everything alone, for now.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37:38 AM »

Oh, the irritation continues. I had seventy-five minutes on the dryers and when I went back to the laundromat, I should have had about 10 minutes left. I found a fat older Latina drying her things in the dryer I had been using.  She knew where my laundry was - someone had put it into a laundry cart and set it aside - and of course she denied any involvement and claimed that the dryer was empty when she began hers.  I called her several four letter words, several in Spanish, and complained about her to the manager.

Then, I folded my clothes, and, as I left, I surreptitiously opened the dryer door so her time will run out and nothing will dry until she notices it. I hope she loses  a lot of change before she discovers it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 07:43:58 AM »

Good morning, all.

Rise above, Elmore, and ignore. He's not worth it.

Clearly, others find him insufferable, too, but he works as a "critic" and knows nothing, he is obtuse, he misses irony, has little sense of humor, and thinks he's God's gift to intellect a fool I suffer with no
patience at all. If there were a picture dictionary of the world, he would be the photo for "clueless."

But, all the same, I let him get to me and I'm clearly in a hostile mood I do not like, like letting that old bag pissme off for stealing my time and monet at the laundromat: $0.50 worth. It wasn't the theft, it was her rudeness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up