Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY I MOSEYED  (Read 10339 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE DAY I MOSEYED
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2013, 10:25:53 AM »

https://www.spacebag.com/

Elmore, if you have space under a bed or in the top of a closet, you could try something like this.  I've consideded them for my comforters

Kate

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »

Hello DR'S,

Last night I saw Witness for the Prosecution.  I have seen it many times.  Still Love it.

FJL

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2013, 10:32:24 AM »

Continued health vibes to Callie.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2013, 10:45:16 AM »

Thanks FJL.   I think she's getting better. I just really have concerns about the way she's been acting for awhile.  I'm glad I'm not going anywhere so I'll be here if she needs me

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »

Elmore, if you have space under a bed or in the top of a closet, you could try something like this.  I've consideded them for my comforters

I didn't even know about these! Thank you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2013, 10:55:15 AM »

Ditto!
Thanks for the update!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »

The mailman just delivered my 4 new pairs of capri pants from Land's End.  Richard calls them my Hobbit pants.  Off to the Y to try out the navy blue ones as workout gear.  Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2013, 12:00:01 PM »

My sister uses a lot of those kinds of bags...she really likes them and finds them very useful.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »

Today, I need to go to work for a few hours, then later this evening, I'm ushering for a local dance company's production of Coppelia.

I'm not a fan of ballet, so I'm bringing my Kindle.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »

Hello DR'S,

Last night I saw Witness for the Prosecution.  I have seen it many times.  Still Love it.

Welcome back, Kate. That is a fun movie. Love Marlene in it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2013, 12:04:25 PM »

Well, I must be off. 

Have a good day, all!

John G.

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2013, 12:04:59 PM »

And many more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »

A very good friend of mine from church is not likely to make it through the day. Dolores fell much more than a month ago (I think I posted about it back then), and it has been one series of downhill events ever since. The latest is pneumonia. A DNR was posted this week for her, and her son and daughter-in-law are there with her now. Dolores hasn't been conscious much in the few weeks, and when she has been, she hasn't acted if she knows her surroundings or what the present day is. It is a blessing and yet it's difficult letting go.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »

Or a TV movie.  Does your agent do those deals for you?

If you're talking about the Hofstetter book, yes - now that I have an agent and now that the new book is out, that's the hope.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »

Did a three-mile jog, had some bacon and eggs and an English muffin, bought a couple of shirts at JOS Bank (yes, another incredible sale), picked up a couple of packages, including the softcover of the new book (hardcover will probably arrive mid-week), and now I'm home waiting for rehearsal to begin.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »

A very good friend of mine from church is not likely to make it through the day. Dolores fell much more than a month ago (I think I posted about it back then), and it has been one series of downhill events ever since. The latest is pneumonia. A DNR was posted this week for her, and her son and daughter-in-law are there with her now. Dolores hasn't been conscious much in the few weeks, and when she has been, she hasn't acted if she knows her surroundings or what the present day is. It is a blessing and yet it's difficult letting go.

DR JohnG, I send her family my condolences. The deathwatch is the worst part of the cycle.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2013, 12:49:18 PM »

Today, I need to go to work for a few hours, then later this evening, I'm ushering for a local dance company's production of Coppelia.

I'm not a fan of ballet, so I'm bringing my Kindle.

;)

The score for COPPELIA is quite wonderful!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »

Hello, everyone.

ChasSmith

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2013, 12:56:27 PM »

Condolences to DR John G. and friends.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2013, 12:58:19 PM »

I'd been told that Things Would Be Happening in the Heavens that would make April and May quite explosive. That seems to be the case for DR Elmore, and it is also the case for me. The plumber phoned this morning to ask if I'd be home in twenty minutes. We'd scheduled him to come at noon, but now he said he could only come in twenty minutes. He's a real Neanderthal IMHO and scheduling is ALWAYS a problem with him. So I jumped into the shower and threw on some clothes. Now he says he can't fix the toilet. It's working, fortunately, but I don't know what they'll do next. I tried to suggest another plumber, but the manager loves said Neanderthal--he's cheap--and wouldn't consider it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2013, 01:01:46 PM »

Then, someone I was trying to conduct some business with rejected my payment, saying that I knew his terms and had chosen to ignore them. What?! I was just trying to pay him. He also misquoted me, giving the opposite meaning to what I had said. Oy and double oy!! Chaos in the Heavens!!

Maybe JRand wishes to weigh in on this.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »

So that's how my day began.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2013, 01:05:20 PM »

Oh, silly me!

LOL!  Actually, I love visiting Randy and Jo. It's the Macbeths I fear.  Maybe I'll look into flight. the killer is the car rental.

Outside of my tiff at the laundromat, I've had a constructive morning: laundry finished, floors swept, vacuumed and mopped, and I need a larger trunk for my bed linens: I have no idea where I'll put this comforter now that the winter is over! I would kill for another room!

Well that's an option.  I wouldn't recommend it as killing tends to get you a much smaller room, although there is no rent there and they do the laundry for you

Only if you're convicted.  ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »

DR Jeanne, welcome to my world!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »

Ditto! I tried these once and they really did work. I wonder if any sturdy plastic bag would do, as it's just a matter of getting all the excess air out.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »

Vibes to you, John G, and to Delores and her family and friends.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »

DR Ron, congrats on some very successful party planning.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2013, 01:15:04 PM »

DR Danise, I hope that you will soon see the very end of this ordeal and be very happy indeed in your "new" home.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »

DR Jeanne, welcome to my world!

Thanks, but I prefer things a bit quieter! I'll take boring over high drama. Or even over low, unseemly drama.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »

But I enjoyed your bit of revenge on the laundry fiend. Was your wash at least dry?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up