Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: EVERYTHING THE TRAFFIC WILL ALLOW  (Read 11519 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: EVERYTHING THE TRAFFIC WILL ALLOW
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »

good night all
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2013, 06:59:47 PM »

I wasn't quite sure if you were pulling my leg or not, DR Ron Pulliam - but I guess you were not!  Thank you!!      :)

Goo Gone is good stuff

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »

I wasn't quite sure if you were pulling my leg or not, DR Ron Pulliam - but I guess you were not!  Thank you!!      :)

Goo Gone is good stuff

It works very well for getting gunk goo off CD cases. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2013, 07:06:02 PM »

Today I was thinking about yesterday's TOD.  What I was thinking was, I'd rather sit next to someone in clean jeans and shirt than someone in a suit that hasn't laundered it in a long time.   I've had that happen.  Looked fine, but smelled  PU

George

« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »

Well, it's been a day and now it must continue away from work.  I have a Theater Artists Board meeting at 7:30, and I must attend.  I think that we'll have a quorum.  Hopefully, we'll have a quorum.  I think we have some things to talk about and decisions to make.  We'll see if enough people show up.

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »

Back from a three-mile jog and shall now watch a motion picture.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »

I'm closing Toyland for the day.

It's nice to be the king!   

I thought he was the Babe.
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »

I thought he was the Babe.

He is, but we don't talk about it in polite circles.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2013, 09:38:28 PM »

Nice, three posts in two hours.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2013, 09:38:42 PM »

Nice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2013, 09:39:03 PM »

Page six.  Nice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2013, 09:39:18 PM »

Finished with my viewing.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »

Color me a Goo Gone geek. I loves it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »

This is kind of fun.  Book Titles with one letter missing:
http://www.pleated-jeans.com/2013/07/01/book-titles-with-one-letter-missing-20-pics/
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

John G.

« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »

Love that list, Shogun. I think I would rather read "A Heartbreaking Wok of Staggering Genius" than ever contemplate the original "Work" again. Oy, did I hate that book with a passion.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2013, 09:54:45 PM »

Went out to eat with friends. It turned into drinks afterward. And I think I need sleep. But some Cole Porter first.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2013, 10:05:07 PM »

TCB and any who's interested:  I believe the episode of American Ninja Warriors  with my nephew will be on tonight at 8 pm and 10 pm and repeated later in the week.  Not sure if it's for Pacific time as well as Eastern:

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/american-ninja-warrior/tv-listings/327397

Thanks, Kevin, apparently I don't get G4
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »

This is kind of fun.  Book Titles with one letter missing:
http://www.pleated-jeans.com/2013/07/01/book-titles-with-one-letter-missing-20-pics/

That's very funny!  I forwarded to my work e-mail and will pass that around! :D

George

« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2013, 10:44:38 PM »

Well, it's been a day and now it must continue away from work.  I have a Theater Artists Board meeting at 7:30, and I must attend.  I think that we'll have a quorum.  Hopefully, we'll have a quorum.  I think we have some things to talk about and decisions to make.  We'll see if enough people show up.

Be back later!

Well, we had a quorum, so we were able to make some decisions.  The most important was that we were supposed to have elections, but couldn't get everyone together in one place at one time.  We had three positions with vacancies and fortunately, had three people to "run" for them.  We essentially just made a motion to vote them in and we now have a full board again.

George

« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2013, 10:59:57 PM »

A friend posted this on Facebook and I can't believe that this is real...New Indiana Law Makes It A Felony For Same-Sex Couples To Apply For A Marriage License

Indiana lawmakers have revamped a 1997 law that makes furnishing false information on a marriage license a class D felony. Beginning July 1, 2014, a same-sex couple applying for a marriage license in the state of Indiana will be guilty of a Level 6 felony, punishable by 18 months in prison and a $10,000 fine. The new law also makes it a Class B Misdemeanor for a clergyman, judge, mayor, city clerk or town clerk-treasurer to perform a same-sex marriage, punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.  Any clerk who issues a license to a same-sex couple would also be guilty of a Class B Misdemeanor.

Because Indiana marriage license forms have a space for “male applicant” and “female applicant”, any same-sex couple filling out the form would automatically violate the law. The harsh penalties Indiana lawmakers have approved make it difficult for protest movements like the Campaign for Southern Equality’s “We Do” Campaign, which encourages same-sex couples to apply for marriage licenses as a protest in states that prohibit same-sex marriages.

While many other states are reevaluating their laws concerning marriage equality in the light of the Supreme Court decision that struck down a key part of the Defense of Marriage Act, Indiana lawmakers are considering doubling down on their anti-equality posture. Although same-sex marriages are currently banned by state law, the Republican controlled General Assembly is considering submitting an amendment to the state constitution for a vote of the people next year. The decision will be made in the January-March 2014 legislative session. It is unclear whether such an amendment would survive a popular vote, as recent polling finds a majority of Indiana residents are now against a constitutional amendment forbidding marriage equality.

WTF??

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »

Is You Tube just done?  I use Safari - forever.  I use Chrome - forever - nothing loads properly.  It's just AWFUL. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2013, 11:15:59 PM »

I was trying to find that clip from my song Three Friends, written for the musical Yearbook back in the late 80s or whenever it was.  First off, I'd gotten the script of the show - as some may remember, I had no memory of that song until I came upon the clip and I thought - that sounds like something I'd have written - I only remembered the other song I did for it - Nerd.  So, I got the script and was really kind of shocked at the lyric - it's very good, but very dark in its storytelling until you get to the hook about how these three gal friends help each other through.  Only the hook part was on that You Tube video I'd found - but tonight I went to the publisher site again and they had a sample of the song so I heard one of the three dark sections - really interesting to hear after all these years.  Then I noticed they sell a cast CD so I bought that.  Then I searched for the video and didn't find the one I'd seen but found a short one of the song sung by another cast - and just the one solo that's actually on the publisher site's clip.  I wrote the girl who posted it and asked if she had the full clip.  But getting the damn thing to load - just impossible - it's less than a damn minute long.  How does anyone watch anything on You Tube anymore - I just don't get it.  When I get the CD, I'll post the song.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2013, 11:29:48 PM »

Here's that little clip for those who are interested -

http://youtu.be/5AV8-DFPZHI

George

« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2013, 12:03:01 AM »

Here's that little clip for those who are interested -

http://youtu.be/5AV8-DFPZHI

That's really nice, BK.

George

« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »

And I had the same problem with the video taking a long time to load.  I think something else is going on.  I use Firefox and this is really one of the very few times that there's been a loading problem. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up