Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CARRIED AWAY  (Read 7446 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: CARRIED AWAY
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  After staying up late last night to watch Ohio State lose the Orange Bowl, we both slept late today.  We've had brunch and observed that our neighborhood has a water main break that makes me glad I bought a few gallons of bottled water yesterday  :P
oooh water vibes for Ginny & Richard

And another bottle full of vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:55 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 09:22:10 AM »

I enjoyed the Bye Bye Birdie clips, DR JohnG!

I was glad to see the full scene with Paul Lynde included and not just the song.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 09:23:42 AM »

Thanks, DRs Vixmom and John G, for the water vibes.  So far, we have running water, but I'm not eager to drink it, brush my teeth with it, run the dishwasher, or even take a shower.

Is it spring yet?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »

DR Elmore, if you have any more eggs from the batch that included last night's, please throw them out!

I will check the expiration date on the carton.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 09:29:25 AM »

Ginny - wishing you clean water, and soon.

FJL

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 09:31:06 AM »

DR Elmore, if you have any more eggs from the batch that included last night's, please throw them out!

Wasn't it Egghead on Batman who would say things like check the eggs-piration date?

Watch for the Eggs-plosion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F825cdwotdM

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:33:53 AM by FJL »

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 09:48:07 AM »

Take NO chances!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »

The Best thing about the internet is this here place -  I would never have met all you wonderful people without it

and all you people have introduced me to so many things I woudl never have heard of  - plays, musicals, music,  books....

Ditto!!! I wouldn't have gotten to know any of the folks here who have become a second family

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »

I've been up since nine-thirty but it was too cold in the house to get up, but I'm up now, finally, and will finesse and futz but with no time to jog.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »

Took care of two urgent tasks this morning ahead of the cold freeze (grocery shopping was accomplished yesterday):
Slogged to Best Buy to replace the DH's smartphone, which developed a cracked screen after he dropped it on the garage floor. Note: he has garage parking.    :)
Also got my car jump-started, to the dealer, and outfitted with a new, upgraded battery and other winter-preparedness type accoutrements.

Check, check, and check!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »

~ ~ ~ WATER VIBES ~ ~ ~ for DR Ginny!  Oy!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »

Trumpet 4 is finished, but the ROBERTA hell continues and gets worse. I am ready to kill.

Why the fat hell can't people honor their schedules or tell you in October, while you're trying to set dates, that the week proposed to overdub is already scheduled for something else!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2014, 11:23:32 AM »

Why the fat hell can't people honor their schedules

Because they're incompetent jerks?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »

No. Irresponsible. I don't work with incompetent people.

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »

No. Irresponsible. I don't work with incompetent people.

I'd say selfish and inconsiderate.  It seems to me that people are more and more inconsiderate of others time and plans these days.

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »

Paul made it back from his trip to Palm Springs.  We had a nice breakfast and coffee this morning and talked and talked.  He drove (and rode) with his nephew and his wife and son.  They took the Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada route going out and the Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska route coming home. He had a really good time and it was fun to hear all about it.   He now understands that flying is cheaper than driving across the country when you include gas, motel rooms and food.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:58:10 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »

I'm doing laundry today.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »

I'm sure you were all dying to hear that.....the internet.....
Worst thing....the critics who don't know bupkis but think they know everything.... Twitter.  I'm sorry, but I don't need to know someone's every step or where they are every minute of the day.....or that they are doing the laundry ;)

Best thing...as I said my friends here, and being able to stay in touch with friends and family who are far away or who I haven't been in touch with for years.   My life feels more complete knowing that the friends I had in the past and no longer see are still my friends and we can share the ups and downs of life even if we never see each other in person again

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »

Took care of two urgent tasks this morning ahead of the cold freeze (grocery shopping was accomplished yesterday):
Slogged to Best Buy to replace the DH's smartphone, which developed a cracked screen after he dropped it on the garage floor. Note: he has garage parking.    :)
Also got my car jump-started, to the dealer, and outfitted with a new, upgraded battery and other winter-preparedness type accoutrements.

Check, check, and check!

Glad you got your car taken care of it would be dead for sure on Monday.   I filled my tank and am doing the laundry.  My dryer exhaust goes into the garage, so I have to open the door a little when I run the dryer.  So I have to do laundry when it isn't a deep freeze outside.

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »

I love the Smithsonian Channel, I've been watching it a lot on my directv.  You can get it on a Roku

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »

They had DogTV free one day.  How funny, a channel for dogs.  When I was watching it was showing a run outside from a dogs perspective, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2014, 12:09:14 PM »

Just finished reading A Woman in White.  I loved it. I haven't read a book from the 1800s in a while.  I think I'm going to read more of them

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »

Oh, and I'm doing a Goodreads Challenge this year. I'm going to  try for 50 books.   I think I can do that.  I always have a book going, but have never kept track before.  It will be interesting to see how many I actually read

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2014, 12:11:05 PM »

Let's see if we can get to page 3 before I go check the laundry

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2014, 12:11:14 PM »

Shouldn't be too hard to do

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2014, 12:11:23 PM »

Just have this little  post....then two