Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CARRIED AWAY  (Read 7445 times)

Cillaliz

Re: CARRIED AWAY
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2014, 12:12:13 PM »

Welcome to Page 3

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »

I'm sympathetic to performers; they don't work, and then a job turns up. God knows,we all want to work as much as possible. I'm sick of living hand to mouth.

The problem is when they get a job and don't always give thought to previous commitments.  Before you accept the job, why don't you as a courtesy at least check on the other commitment for possible problems, rather than assume it will be fine?

Sometimes, murder is really the easiest solution.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:15:27 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »

I usually overestimate the number of days it will take to complete something to try to cover contingencies, but I don't think that would work in your line of work, with all the expenses involved.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2014, 12:15:42 PM »

I feel for you Elmore....vibes it all resolves itself quickly and to your satisfaction

ChasSmith

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2014, 12:17:02 PM »

It's three people who are screwing this up??

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2014, 12:21:27 PM »

I usually overestimate the number of days it will take to complete something to try to cover contingencies, but I don't think that would work in your line of work, with all the expenses involved.

If I had said, no, we need Feb 25, 26, 27 to be sure we get it all, we'd be fine.

Instead, I said, we can do it all in two days on Feb 25, 26, so she booked a flight on the evening of the 26th for recording on the 27th in Chicago. Then, because of a previous commitment early in 2012, Rob's got a workshop that week which means he can only record the singers in the evening, but because Judy's flying out on the 26th, we don't have two nights to record! Because of the actor's commitment, we don't have him for the 26th at all.

And all because I said we could do it in two days.

Damn, damn, damn!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2014, 12:22:33 PM »

If we could go the 24th and 25th, we could do it, but I'm afraid the studio may be already committed for the 24th,
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:44:12 PM by elmore3003 »

ChasSmith

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »

Oy!

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2014, 12:35:44 PM »

If we could go the24th and 25th, we could do it, but I'm afraid the studio may be already committed for the 24th,

It's worth checking...vibes it works out

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2014, 12:38:15 PM »

Just finished reading A Woman in White.  I loved it. I haven't read a book from the 1800s in a while.  I think I'm going to read more of them

Spare yourself the chore of listening to the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical version.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2014, 12:38:35 PM »

Has Matthew made up his mind about moving to Chicago? Inquiring minds want to know. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »

Time for a strong dose of VIBES -- better make it a double -- for a speedy resolution to DR Elmore's fat hell.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2014, 02:29:18 PM »

A BIG THANKS to DR GEORGE who was right on top of things the other night and immortalized my 10,000th post. And thanks, too, to all those who gave me congrats for it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:06:00 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2014, 02:30:43 PM »

Ginny, how scary about your eye. I'm glad you were able to see your doctor quickly. Even when there's nothing to be done but wait, it's still nice to see your own doc and hear it from him or her. I hope it clears up quickly.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »

Still catching up.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »

Ugh! Sorry to hear about Vixdad's burn. How's he doing, Vixmom?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2014, 02:40:01 PM »

Lovely photos of Central Park covered in snow. I always enjoyed snow days.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2014, 02:45:12 PM »

Balaclava vs baklava. You know, I always get those two confused, too. I can never remember if I'm supposed to put the baklava on my head first, followed by the balaclava, or put the balaclava on first and top it with the baklava. But then how would the baklava stay on?? I guess you have to put the baklava on your head first, assuming you haven't eaten it, then put on the balaclava. Living in LA, I no longer need to worry. I'll leave this little conundrum to Singdaw.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2014, 02:46:16 PM »

Oh, and Sing, I'm glad you were able to get your car taken care of. Did it require a tow or did it start for you? Vibes you have no more problem with it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »

My Canadian friends also have block heaters for their cars. Perhaps Minnesota could consider having electrical outlets installed along the street so those without off-street parking could plug in their heaters. Just a thought.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »

TCB, why don't you want to do another show? Is it that particular show or in general?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »

Anti-tsuris vibes for Larry.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2014, 02:53:11 PM »

Well, the dates appear to be okay and then there's a kink. It looks like right now we're looking at Feb. 23, 25, possibly afternoon of 26.  Just when I think we're good, it falls apart. I've alerted the cast to the possible new dates.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:00:55 PM by elmore3003 »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2014, 02:56:08 PM »

TOD:

"Today’s topic of discussion:  What are the most irritating things you find about the computer and the Internet, and what are the best things your find about the computer and the Internet?"

Most Irritating thing has been the ability of others to abuse the internet anonymously

Wonderful things - just so many wonderful things about the internet, when not abused - but mostly (for my taste) the ability to share in other people's thoughts and ideas - and share your thoughts, your ideas, get their thoughts and ideas back sometimes very quickly - even have conversations with people you never might have otherwise known or met

Concur. I was thinking recently that blogging has become a lot like driving. Such as some drivers--some of whom are very nice people otherwise --take out their anger on their fellow drivers, some bloggers don't hesitate to "flame" others online. Certain behaviors which wouldn't be acceptable in person somehow become acceptable when done from a car or computer.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »

TOD:

In addition to what FJL said about abuse, I'll add this: Everyone is a critic and always has been. But it used to be that you knew the creds of the critics -- or at least you hoped the newspapers, TV stations, etc. screened people before hiring them. Now, you can't tell who is doing a critique or whose opinion to trust. This has gotten really bad on the barbecue trail. Yelp, Urbanspoon and those sites are filled with outrageous comments, pro and con, about the quality of certain barbecue. But how do I know if you understand the type of barbecue being served at a place? You could be from North Carolina and hate Texas barbecue, so does that make you a good judge of a different type of regional food? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know what to think or why I read you. But I have visited places based on these comments. Some have been worthy, others have woebegone.

It levels the field, but that isn't always a good thing. Like you, I like to have some background on who is writing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  After staying up late last night to watch Ohio State lose the Orange Bowl, we both slept late today.  We've had brunch and observed that our neighborhood has a water main break that makes me glad I bought a few gallons of bottled water yesterday  :P
oooh water vibes for Ginny & Richard

Ditto.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2014, 03:02:34 PM »

Why the fat hell can't people honor their schedules

Because they're incompetent jerks?

No. Irresponsible. I don't work with incompetent people.

I'd say selfish and inconsiderate.  It seems to me that people are more and more inconsiderate of others time and plans these days.

I agree. It has become quite acceptable to take a better offer or change plans if it suits you, rather than honor a commitment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »

Sometimes, murder is really the easiest solution.

:) 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2014, 03:07:28 PM »

Gonna feed my face.

TTFN.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up