Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CARRIED AWAY  (Read 7444 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CARRIED AWAY
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:45:04 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes got carried away, and now it is time for you to post until the carried away cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CARRIED AWAY
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:45:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: MIMESIS!

FJL

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 03:49:29 AM »

Wow almost 7 a.m. and still first after BK.  It's gonna be a good day.

FJL

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 03:56:41 AM »

TOD:

"Today’s topic of discussion:  What are the most irritating things you find about the computer and the Internet, and what are the best things your find about the computer and the Internet?"

Most Irritating thing has been the ability of others to abuse the internet anonymously

Wonderful things - just so many wonderful things about the internet, when not abused - but mostly (for my taste) the ability to share in other people's thoughts and ideas - and share your thoughts, your ideas, get their thoughts and ideas back sometimes very quickly - even have conversations with people you never might have otherwise known or met

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:30:11 AM by FJL »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 04:45:28 AM »

Saturday.....it is very cold today....it is 19 degrees now with a "feels like" of 1 degree....and lots of snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow.

Our Monday rehearsal may be canceled because the President of the DePauw has said he may close the campus that day....time will tell.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 04:45:45 AM »

And now I am off to work.  Oh well....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 05:05:18 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 05:06:08 AM »

Deb, I mentioned Channel 21 and you told a story about Channel 21 so there is some connection.

I think Urgent Care clinics are the best. They have helped enormously on 2 occasion. Of course, if you have insurance it's even better cause they can be very expensive without health insurance. I got a "this is not a bill" letter after one of the consultations and it listed the charges that I would have had to pay if I didn't have insurance. Talk about sticker shock!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:38:13 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 05:08:11 AM »

It's 11 degrees right now. I don't know what it will be like around 11am but I need to go to the library. I book I put on reserve is in and I need to pick it up.

I have to wait to go out until the exterminator arrives. I don't know if they will cancel or not. The roads are clear and people are getting out and about (aboot as the Canadians might say) so we do expect our Pest Warrior to arrive later this morning.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 05:09:59 AM »

It's predicted to be 45 degrees tomorrow and Monday! But Tuesday the cold air from MN, WI, IA and other Upper Midwest states will arrive driving the temperatures down to 16.

Of course, that's nothing like Cilla and my siblings in Minnesota and our friends in Fort Atkinson, WI will deal with this weekend and on Monday!

Ben

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 05:12:04 AM »

Oatmeal, pecans, banana, raisins and cinnamon and black coffee.

Plus I've been riding the exercise bike faithfully for the past couple of weeks, along with walking on the treadmill on Long Island and using it in the hotels during our trip. I go 4 miles on the treadmill and 30 miles on the bike. It's great to ride while watching the new television!

On that note, I'll see ya later.

ChasSmith

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 05:35:46 AM »

Good morning, all.

Needed a little more sleep, but what are you gonna do.  For now,

Coffee!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »

Good morning, all! I had no gastric problems over the bad egg, so I am very happy. As for the egg, it just tasted odd; perhaps it had been sitting in my fridge too long, but it was not the taste of a good egg.

This morning I will finish Trumpet 4; all of the madness over the Feb. Roberta schedule, which will hang around for several days, I fear, blew LITTLE ME out of the water.  This afternoon, I will meet my friend DJ and our Christmas/Holler producer Kevin at 5:30 fora dinner meeting between shows. Kevin's left THE BOOK OF MORMON and is now in BEAUTIFUL, so we'll hopefully meet around 43rd Street.

In between, I will have anther serious listen to the ROBERTA edits. Tomorrow, Rob Berman and I will listen at Toyland and discuss the Feb. schedule.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 06:31:13 AM »

I'm late with this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Safe Weekend Vibes for Everyone!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 06:32:20 AM »

THE TASTE OF A GOOD EGG - sounds like it should be the title of something

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 06:48:27 AM »

Good morning, all.

Time to get back at the book.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 06:53:54 AM »

TOD:

In addition to what FJL said about abuse, I'll add this: Everyone is a critic and always has been. But it used to be that you knew the creds of the critics -- or at least you hoped the newspapers, TV stations, etc. screened people before hiring them. Now, you can't tell who is doing a critique or whose opinion to trust. This has gotten really bad on the barbecue trail. Yelp, Urbanspoon and those sites are filled with outrageous comments, pro and con, about the quality of certain barbecue. But how do I know if you understand the type of barbecue being served at a place? You could be from North Carolina and hate Texas barbecue, so does that make you a good judge of a different type of regional food? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know what to think or why I read you. But I have visited places based on these comments. Some have been worthy, others have woebegone.

On the other hand, it helps having the Internet for easy checking of addresses and phone numbers, much easier than a phone book -- and I'm pleasantly surprised at how reliable the phone numbers have been.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 07:28:02 AM »

What's that line in "Alice In Wonderland" about people coming and going s quickly? My schedule has changed and the meeting today has been moved to Jan. 25! I do not have to go out in the cold today, and that's perfectly fine with me!

I've been sending youtube clips from Spike jones broadcasts to Rob Berman about casting the Collegians in ROBERTA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijnfdLFhn2o 

KevinH

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 08:14:49 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:52 AM »

I enjoyed the Bye Bye Birdie clips, DR JohnG!

Kerry

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 08:21:59 AM »

CRANBERRIES!
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:05 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  After staying up late last night to watch Ohio State lose the Orange Bowl, we both slept late today.  We've had brunch and observed that our neighborhood has a water main break that makes me glad I bought a few gallons of bottled water yesterday  :P
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »

DR Elmore, if you have any more eggs from the batch that included last night's, please throw them out!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 08:27:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: MIMESIS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MAN TO MAN TALK

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 08:30:18 AM »

I guess it was too cold for the mail people to deliver yesterday. Because they are out delivering today (they don't deliver on Saturdays). Or maybe it was up to each individual carriers to decide.

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 08:30:44 AM »

It's funny but it doesn't feel that cold out today even though it's probably -20C. I guess when it's been so cold that feels sort of nice.

Jennifer

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 08:32:17 AM »

BK wrote:
I do believe I've managed to get almost all the leading players at least mentioned in chapter one, save for someone who's introduced in chapter two.  As always, I'm having the most fun naming everyone, especially in this particular book.

I don't know if others have this pet peeve. But it drives me crazy when the narrator's name is not mentioned in the first page or two. I don't always read the blurb on the jacket right before reading the book. And for e-books we don't get the blurb with the book. This drives me crazy.

Kerry

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 08:47:46 AM »

:)
I like boat races.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »

The Best thing about the internet is this here place -  I would never have met all you wonderful people without it

and all you people have introduced me to so many things I woudl never have heard of  - plays, musicals, music,  books....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 08:55:59 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  After staying up late last night to watch Ohio State lose the Orange Bowl, we both slept late today.  We've had brunch and observed that our neighborhood has a water main break that makes me glad I bought a few gallons of bottled water yesterday  :P
oooh water vibes for Ginny & Richard
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up