Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HELL BENT FOR LEATHER  (Read 46355 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
HELL BENT FOR LEATHER
« on: October 24, 2003, 12:29:34 AM »

Yes, Virginia, this is where today's Unseemly Posts are.  I do hope you've read the notes before arriving here - if not, go read them now as they contain vital information you'll want to know before you post.  Now, I do want all of you to know that my post does not count as the first post of the day.  So, let's see who gets that honor, shall we?  8)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 01:02:09 AM by bk »

Tomovoz

Re:HELL BENT FOR LEATHER
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 12:35:21 AM »

Today's CDs: Anthony Warlow "Face The Music"
                      Don McLean "Best of.."
                       Donovan "Troubadour - Definitive Collection"
Too busy for DVDs etc. Last watched DVd "A Mighty Wind"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 12:36:30 AM »

First of all, I did indeed just read today's notes!

Now a question...  Is it my fershluganah Mac (which we've already damned all to hell) causing my animated smileys to not appear animated to me when I post them (they're animated for me when I preview my post, just not when I actually post)?  Are you guys seeing animation in the smileys below?

Just curious.  Ooo... and is it possible that I not only got the last post of yesterday but the first of today???
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 12:38:24 AM »

Alright, disregard my question.  My smileys are now showing up all nice and animated for me.  Must have been my fershluganah and damned all to hell Mac toying with me earlier.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 12:41:46 AM »

Now I have to sit back and calculate those summer/daylight savings hours.  I think I have to put my clock forward whilst you people in the States put yours back. Does then make an extra two hours difference?  It is 5.40pm here Friday.  My good news this week that "Broadway's Lost Treasures" & "Stritch" have been posted. Now to wait for the good news on "Finding Nemo".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 12:49:38 AM »

I have just noticed that the posts are registered in the OZ time zone. Simply amazing. I feel so special.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 02:51:12 AM »

A need to know fact. There was a Frankie Laine album in the early sixties called "Hell Bent For Leather". We must keep this site educational. The album was of course nowhere near as successful or as good as the Marty Robbins LP "Gunfighter Ballads And Trail Songs" which should be in everyone's collection.
James Thurber 1957

Angela

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 03:25:30 AM »

CD: Don Juan, the Musical

DVD: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season Three

VCR: Last Night's episode of Angel

I'm having Vampire withdrawals after the cancellation of Port Charles.   tee hee hee
Where ever you go, there you are.........

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 03:48:38 AM »

Yes, hell bent....can hell be bent?  Is there a bend in the time/space continuim?  If hell is bent is the devil a hunchback?

Too many questions.

TAKEN - I like the subject matter as well.  I will have to scan and post the teaser they used to promote it.  It worked, I watched.  I like some of the acting and some of the story.  But I don't think I could watch it all at once!

In my:

VCR - Born to Bad with Miss Joan Fontaine as the type of girl that Jason works for.

DVD - NAKED SPACE with Mr BK and Ms Cindy Williams.  Cindy sure can SCREAM Fay Wray has nothing on her.  And I like the two songs I Eat Your Face and Two Bills.

CD - Nunsense the London Cast

Friday at last!!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Sending DR Laura good thoughts [/move]
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 04:46:48 AM »

Oh, my. I go to bed with 4 pages of notes and I wake up and there are 9, count them NINE page of notes (a Maury Yeston reference). I was doin' pretty good yesterday but today I needs must live at this site and post every few minutes to boost my average and get myself up to 25 and 50.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 04:47:56 AM »

Just finished reading the posts from yesterday.

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. It's a difficult time but it will get better, I know from experience.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 04:50:45 AM »

So glad to see that Tom and Francois have joined and are posting.

Francois, I don't know if you listen to Stage and Screen on BBC-Radio 3 but there is a great interview w/Angela Lansbury (part 2) this week. And I'm finally back on Radio Wales. I don't know which review they will play this coming Wednesday, October 29 (2pm Eastern Standard Time in NY). I just taped three of them. When we go off to London for Christmas, we will make a side trip to Wales and I'll finally meet the producer Lynda and the Host with the gorgeous voice, Beverly Humphreys.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 04:53:06 AM »

Has anyone notice how I'm spacing out my posts so I can jump my numbers :-) I'm doing it all in the quick reply box, that's why my smileys are so 1990s. I plan to spend some time this weekend tooling around the board and getting a better feel for the bells and whistles. That will be in between the times that I go to see the new musical Wilder at Playwrights Horizons, a production of Mystery of Edwin Drood out in Brooklyn at the Gallery Players and the Musicals in Mufti reading of Lucky Stiff. Busy weekend when you include time for  HHW

Ben

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 04:54:50 AM »

BTW, to whomever granted me a karma point, I thank you for your generosity and karmic kindness. I look forward to the time when I can be so gracious.

Thanks to Mark and Bruce and Russell for all the hard work and time spent getting the new board up and running. It took me about a day to get used to it but now it's SOP (standard operating procedure).

Danise

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 04:57:17 AM »

I'm home from work today because I have to go to class.  I'm taking "Word XP" advanced.  Whooohooo.  I love taking classes.  Not only because I learn something and it adds to my employment opportunities down the road but I get to sleep in later (class isn’t until 9). And (best of all) we get out of class at 4 but I still get paid for the whole day!  Yea!  

I am also suffering from Port Charles withdrawal.  I only discovered it over the Thanksgiving holiday last year so I was only just starting to really enjoy it. :-(

The only good thing (if something about it going off could be called good) is that the guy who played Caleb is now on OLTL.  I only watched that show because my Mom likes it and I wanted to have something to talk to her about.  Now I have a *reason*!  LOL!  And the kicker is I found out his real name is Michael!  

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2003, 04:57:33 AM »

Wow, it's kind of spooky looking up at the top and seeing who else is on when you're surfing around the board. Dan-in-Toronto, hope you have been able to work out your posting troubles. Hi, Danise.

Well, just 4 more to the magic number of 25. How will I ever get to 50!!!???

Ben

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2003, 05:02:28 AM »

Hell Bent for Bold

Hell Bent for Italics

Hell Bent for Underline

Hell Bent for Strikeout

Hell Bent for Glowing

Hell Bent for D (whatever it is - A Stop the World Reference)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Hell Bent for Moving? Is that the M?[/move]

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

16 smileys will they show?

Ben

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2003, 05:04:27 AM »

And after all that, I forgot to post TOD (Topic of the Day in Internet lingo)

Right now I'm not listening to anything. I will in a few minutes, plug in and listen to Big Band Special with Stacey Kent on BBC, then I will move to Ain't Misbehaving (OBC) and then the London cast recording of Carousel.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2003, 05:05:17 AM »

Tom, I just finally noticed your Tank Engine. Love it.

Michael

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2003, 05:27:36 AM »

Okay

The Indiana Jones DVED set. Great transfers. Disappointed with the Bonus materials. I wonder if it has to do with Laurent Bouzereau (sp?) producing, writing and directing. In my opinion they are really fluff pieces.

Cds: To add to my BK collection I am listening to VS best of collection which turns out to a promo disc that was not available for sale to the public.

I am off to Orlando for the weekend and I will probably have to choose 12 discs (6 going/6 coming) for the ride.

They will include Liz Callaway, Jason Graae,  Kevin Koelbl, Laurie Beechman, Nancy LaMott, Lee Lessack, Brent barrett. I can listen to they people over and over without getting tired. And I will throw into the mix some of BK's cds that feature the BK Rep Singers like Lost in Boston or the Cinderella cds.

I still haven't received my Jeepers Creepers cd. I am hoping that it will arrive today and of course that will have priority.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2003, 05:32:04 AM »

I also wanted to say that I am sorry that certain people will no longer be with us. It is only a few extra clicks away from what the old version was. And posting is just like the old version.

I still have some problems with the fancy features one can add, but in time I am sure we will all (including me) get a hang of it.

Perhaps we can email these people and like Brandon DeWilde said at the end of the movie to Alan Ladd "Come back Shane. Come back"

BTW I have no relation to that Shane or to Alan Ladd
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2003, 05:35:56 AM »

Today's title of the notes are interesting. I wonder if someone does a google search and puts some of the words used in the title. They might be expecting to find a website that have men in leather chaps and harnesses or something like that.
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 05:38:58 AM »

The Charles Stewart Mott Foundation is calling my name but all I hear is HHW and the dulcet tones of Stacey Kent.

Michael

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 05:43:25 AM »

I also want to wish everyone to have a great weekend. I am not sure if I will have time to post before I leave today and most likely will not have time to post until I get home which will be late Sunday night. I might be able to make it in time for the live chat if there is going to be one this Sunday and if it is on Monday then I will be able to pop by.

Have a safe, happy weekend and post a lot to Haines His Way's brand new boards, read the lovely Juliana's new journal entries, listen to the Broadway Radio show and if you have time go to www.brucekimmel.com.  Now I going to have to do a make over for my site. Must keep aux courant these days.

And forgot to say that I also have Elaine Stritch at Liberty and Broadway's Lost Treasures in my DVD player as well. Miss Stritch is a treasure. If you have an opportunity to see her live go. Or get the DVD which is probably the next best thing
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 05:46:22 AM »

Oh oh oh!  ;D  I will be very interested in hearing Mr BK's opinion of the Groucho Marx "You Bet Your Life" box set.  I am considering a purchase, but am on the fence, so to speak.

As an antidote to the Wonder Woman photo that DR Jason gave us yesterday, I offer this alternative!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2003, 05:48:57 AM »

Picture didn't work.  Hmmmmmmmmmm

steveg

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2003, 05:50:55 AM »

:(
I'd like to note a problem that I had this AM in catching up with yesterday's messages that had been posted yesterday after I had logged off my computer for the day when I left my office.  When I last viewed the messages yesterday, there were about 5 or so pages of messages, but when I logged on this AM we were 9 or more pages.  I could not, however, start browsing directly at page 5 when I linked to yesterday's messages in order to move forward through the un-read messages since there were only  links to the first few pages in yesterday's messages and to the last page of messages.  Therefore, I had to move backwards in time (A Merrily We Roll Along reference) in order to catch up with what I missed since yesterday afternoon, which was very disorienting (another Merrily We Roll Along reference).  I suggest a modification that provides a link to each page (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9)
rather than to just (1 2 3  ......9) so that the reader who wants to catch up can begin on the page on which he or she knew he left off.  That being said, the one thing I miss about the old board format is that the messages are on multiple pages rather than on one long page, which may shorten to download time of the page, but which requires multiple downloading of pages.
I'm just a bagel on a plate of onion rolls.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2003, 05:55:25 AM »

Good Morning everyone (big yaaaaaaaaaawn) - I hope everyone slept well.. What did you dream about?

I am busy at work already and it's going to be quite a chaotic day as the space I work for has numerous back to back special events.

On the fortunate side, I will be taking a mini "vacation" Sunday-Wednesday and will miss at least one of these said events.

I call it a "vacation" and not a vacation because I am headed to florida to clear out my stuff that's been in storage for close to a year, sell my car and take care of other various and sundried (apropos since I will be in the sunshine state) things.

It will be the first time I have been home since my big move to the big bad city back in May. I am looking forward to seeing my family - especially my nephew and niece, who I am sure have grown SO much since I last saw them.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2003, 05:58:58 AM »

Oh...forgot to add...although I will be able to read and post whilst away, I shall not be able to update Juliana's Journal... SOOOOOOOO

Tonight we shall have another triple entry (double if the entries are REALLY long.. but I suspect a triple entry anyway) which will move us even closer to being current.  The new entry should be up around midnightish e.s.t.

I would like to take THIS opportunity to thank Juliana for getting me all the latest an greatest entries. Just so you know, Juliana has been feverishly writing to catch us all up to date. In fact, FEVERISH might be the right word, since she has also been a little under the weather.  So on top of her crazy touring schedule, rehearsals for being an understudy AND just life in general... the fact that she is taking some quality time to sit down and write her thoughts and sharing them with us makes her ACES in my book (sure to be a best seller).

So anyway.. thank you Juliana!!  And get better soon!

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2003, 06:01:06 AM »

woohoo I have too karma points.. I sure wish we could know who was the Karma fairy - but perhaps it's better that I don't. Because then I would want to know if I ever lost a point too.

Whoever you are, thank you. You made me smile.. I feel so karmalicious.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up