Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: SARNO'S  (Read 4973 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SARNO'S
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »

The plumber was due at 8:00 this morning--a most uncivilized hour IMHO. I didn't sleep all that well, which often happens when I know I must wake up early. (The fact that an alarm was set didn't seem to help.) He arrived at 8:10 and he and his helper spent the next two hours snaking my drain and installing a new garbage disposal. Shortly after they left I attempted to resume cleaning out the refrigerator, the project I'd just begun last Sunday when the garbage disposal died and the sink clogged. Guess what? It backed up again.

I phoned the plumber, who arrived about an hour later. By this time the sink had drained.  He insisted that I'd done something wrong--he ALWAYS blames these things on me--and that the new disposal was working properly. We tested it a few times. It doesn't sound right to me, doesn't make the usual grind and whir sounds, but it didn't back up. He told me that I'm supposed to be putting kitchen waste in the regular trash. WHAT??!! Why does one have a garbage disposal then?  I'm not convinced that all is well, but since the management here will believe him over me, I'll try to live with it. I don't use the disposal a lot and never put anything iffy into it, anyway.

At my apartment complex, the tenants have to sign a form stating that they understand what they can and can't put into their garbage disposal.  Basically, water is really pushing it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2014, 10:06:23 PM »

TOD: I cannot think of any eye-talian meals that have been outstanding.

Honestly, the only time I've ever had really "good" food is when either BK or Former DR MusicGuy and DR Kerry took me someplace special.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:09:28 PM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2014, 10:09:14 PM »

Re garbage disposals: My neighbor plumber told me to only put down the things that will easily grind up down the disposal. Like the stuff that is in the strainer when you rinse out the sink. Everything else should be put in the trash.

Or in my case, in the composting worm bin.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2014, 10:15:21 PM »

You know what I miss, dear reader Laura - I miss the days when you and Sandra would come to LA at the drop of a hat to see Jason Graae!  That's what I miss. 

Laura

« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »

Me too, BK. But she grew up and got a job. That interferes with things.

Laura

« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »

Dan M., when the weather cools off, I just might have to come down to Tucson and take you for a walk.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:30:42 PM by Laura »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2014, 10:38:46 PM »

From DR TCB:
Don't let Harper Lee know that you bought that book.

I did not purchase it, the library did ;)

I did a search to see why you said that.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2014/07/15/harper-lee-dispute-the-mockingbird-next-door/12671487/

My apologies.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2014, 10:48:46 PM »

Hi DRs

Long-lost Dan M is here.  Thank you to all who sent good wishes and positive vibes, especially Vixmom.  I've been battling depression and on top of that I had some computer problems.  Everything has been going wrong for me, and since I am a "glass half empty" type of person, my natural inclination was to get very panicky about everything.

It's just been in the last 2-3 days that I've been feeling better psyche-wise, and have finally been able to get back to this here Discussion Board.

How great to see you back, Dan!  We were all very worried.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2014, 10:50:21 PM »

Me too, BK. But she grew up and got a job. That interferes with things.

That's why kids and teens need NOT to grow up and have to be responsible - it interferes with the damn fun!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:01 PM »

These kids today.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2014, 11:02:42 PM »

DR Dan can you get out for walks?  Do you have a friend who takes you to the market or for essentials?

Yes, I have a friend, but she's getting early senility or something, so I don't like to bother her that much.  While it's no substitute for shopping in an actual supermarket, I have been using the Safeway grocery delivery service lately.  For the most part they do a decent job, except last week all of my spaghetti sauce jars broke and nearly half of my grocery order was covered.  The other half was sticky from a soda can that apparently popped.  I did get a refund on some items.  Safeway is very good about that sort of thing, I must say (to borrow Ed Grimley's favorite expression).

I am glad to know that you have Safeway.  I went an entire year not being able to drive.  My friends quickly got tired of going to the store for me.  I would not have survived without Safeway.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2014, 11:08:04 PM »

Page six?  Really?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:21 AM »

PUUSSHH!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:57 AM »

Tonight's "Tempest" went off without a hitch.  My sound cues were flawless...if I do say so myself...and I do. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2014, 12:26:26 AM »

The actors were all on and the audience seemed to enjoy it.  A few friends of mine were there tonight...but not for me (an Ira Gershwin reference).  But I chatted with them all and that was fun.

George

« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2014, 12:27:17 AM »

Today (Thursday, actually...since I'm still up) was our director's birthday.  Someone bought a cake and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to him.

George

« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2014, 12:28:25 AM »

Not very well (on purpose), but humorously and with affection.

George

« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:23 AM »

Topic of the Day:  my overall most favorite Italian food is lasagna, but no one restaurant experience specially sticks out in my mind.  When I make it, I usually just use the recipe on either the noodle box or the ricotta cheese and double everything except the noodles. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up