Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORNS  (Read 4891 times)

Kerry

Re: TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORNS
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 05:40:00 AM »

Let's just all dance right through Monday.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 05:40:19 AM »

Page 2 Monday Dance-- how timely!
I like boat races.

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 05:49:58 AM »

City Center needs one or more of the following:

1.  Vibes
2.  Witchcraft
3.  An enema

Shall we put it to a vote?

FJL

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2014, 06:30:14 AM »

Good morning, all! I finally decided that staying in bed forever was not the solution, so I am dressed, the bed is made, and i will sn head down to Toyland to schlep some things home.

I had some bad news on Saturday that sent me into a talspin: I've been working on scanning the JUBILEE full scores in hopes that funding might be raised to record the show or that Encores! at some point will do it, but I was told Encores! will never perform the show because the woman running City Center knows nothing about musicals and rejects all shows she does not know, which is most of them. So, by Sunday morning, my attitude was, maybe i should stop scanning the scores and just throw the whole mess into the garbage; it's clearly never after nearly 30 years, going to do anything for my vanishing career, so WTF?

On a more positive note than something I once did really well gathering dust, I'm getting out of Dodge ASAP. I will carry a few more items hme from Toyland today, and I hope to have all the heavy lifting finished by Labor Day. I will call Bruce Pomahac today and see if I can get some help transferring the DEAREST ENEMY materials back to Rodgers & Hammerstein.

DR John G, I wonder if Luca Della Casa is related to the wonderful opera star Lisa Della Casa?

Larry, as you know - some of the higher-ups at that organization can be punitive, even to people outside their organization who question them.    So be careful - although my impression of Ms. S from having both heard her and met her is that she is as caring a head of a non-profit as can be, especially about the public and the need to serve the community.  I'd bet her feeling is more like that if she's never heard of the show, spending hundreds of thousands on doing it would not be at all popular with the typical donor or subscriber.

FJL

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 06:32:44 AM »

City Center needs one or more of the following:

1.  Vibes
2.  Witchcraft
3.  An enema

Shall we put it to a vote?

If we're voting, since I have to leave soon to the office and can't check in form there - i vote strongly in favor of Ms. S.  I have a sinking feeling I'll be the only one here voting that way.  :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 06:46:55 AM »

Good morning, all.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »

TOD: DR Mike beat me to posting "Charlie's Place" and Vixmom got "We'll Take a Glass Together," so here's another favorite, "I Had a Ball." Onna White's choreography, Karen Morrow's roof-raising voice and one of the silliest songs ever, if you listen to the lyrics. And it doesn't matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vtTNnWHwa0
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »

Good morning, all! I finally decided that staying in bed forever was not the solution, so I am dressed, the bed is made, and i will sn head down to Toyland to schlep some things home.

I had some bad news on Saturday that sent me into a talspin: I've been working on scanning the JUBILEE full scores in hopes that funding might be raised to record the show or that Encores! at some point will do it, but I was told Encores! will never perform the show because the woman running City Center knows nothing about musicals and rejects all shows she does not know, which is most of them. So, by Sunday morning, my attitude was, maybe i should stop scanning the scores and just throw the whole mess into the garbage; it's clearly never after nearly 30 years, going to do anything for my vanishing career, so WTF?

On a more positive note than something I once did really well gathering dust, I'm getting out of Dodge ASAP. I will carry a few more items hme from Toyland today, and I hope to have all the heavy lifting finished by Labor Day. I will call Bruce Pomahac today and see if I can get some help transferring the DEAREST ENEMY materials back to Rodgers & Hammerstein.

DR John G, I wonder if Luca Della Casa is related to the wonderful opera star Lisa Della Casa?

Larry, as you know - some of the higher-ups at that organization can be punitive, even to people outside their organization who question them.    So be careful - although my impression of Ms. S from having both heard her and met her is that she is as caring a head of a non-profit as can be, especially about the public and the need to serve the community.  I'd bet her feeling is more like that if she's never heard of the show, spending hundreds of thousands on doing it would not be at all popular with the typical donor or subscriber.

I wish to make it very clear that I blame Encores! not at all, and that I am very grateful that Encores! essentailly saved my life and kept me working this past December to May. I am very grateful to my friends there, and I believe they are all aware of the various and sundry reasons I would like to a concert of JUBILEE. As I said, the word that's got back to me from people of the advisory board is that there are several shows that the lady ion charge of City Center has shot down since she doesn't know them. Perhaps that will change but I'm running out of time.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:47:38 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 07:48:34 AM »

And greetings from Encores! Toyland! Spoo!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:53:15 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 08:13:48 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do!  Richard and I just cleaned up our kitchen and I'm doing a little puttering before getting ready to visit Mom and deliver some party leftovers to her.  I have cake and cookies from the birthday party and baked beans from the cookout.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 09:13:01 AM »

DR ELMORE continue copying JUBILEE.....you may need it....and it will be good to have. Where are Cole Porter's papers?  Are they at Indiana University?  If nothing else, it may find a good home there.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 09:14:03 AM »

I enjoyed the dance video in the notes and all of the subsequent videos here.

I was late getting here this morning because I had to do the weekly shopping....and I am still working on lines.  I hope to be off book for my first rehearsal tonight. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »

Here is a nice video of THREE MAMES doing the title song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaJUXw_eDgo

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »

DR ELMORE continue copying JUBILEE.....you may need it....and it will be good to have. Where are Cole Porter's papers?  Are they at Indiana University?  If nothing else, it may find a good home there.

Actually, I think his papers are at Yale.

My original full scores are with the Cole Porter Trust here in town.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 09:24:30 AM »

A tune that is familiar to many is "danced" to at StarQuest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0aNRSDZwYI

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »

Both nice places......DR ELMORE.  Don't let it go yet.  I always figure until I'm dead, there's a chance.  That's why I have shelves full of books and scripts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »

I love Antenna TV and Cosi TV and THIS Tv.....our Comcast service carries all three.  They are NOT HD channels, so sometimes you have to look at the LOW numbers to find them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 09:28:56 AM »

Both nice places......DR ELMORE.  Don't let it go yet.  I always figure until I'm dead, there's a chance.  That's why I have shelves full of books and scripts.

That's sort of what keeps me from diving off the roof: maybe the ticket I didn't check won the lottery, maybe the phone will ring the minute I've hit the pavement, maybe the postman will show up with the sale papers on the Ohio property after I'm dead. It's what keeps me going during the blackest days, but somedays I worry I'll lose that optimism.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2014, 09:37:51 AM »

I am stuck in this damned office waiting for the printer to work. Oy!

Laura

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 09:39:10 AM »

Good morning.

I have been asked to test a web site registration link before it goes live. I would like to register under some funny names. Just because.

Would you all like to help me come up with three or four funny names?
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Ben

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 09:41:48 AM »

I love Antenna TV and Cosi TV and THIS Tv.....our Comcast service carries all three.  They are NOT HD channels, so sometimes you have to look at the LOW numbers to find them.

We get Cosi TV with Channel 4 (NBC) and This TV with Channel 11. We are about to get 2 new channels Escape TV and Grit TV. They are on the screen in beta test mode right now on Channel 68, a local broadcast station which usually has Spanish content but they recently added "Get TV" which shows many older movies and some more current but all cut up for commercials.

We also get Bounce TV on another local station Channel 9 WWOR

No one in NYC has picked up Retro TV or Me-TV for OTA broadcasting

Bounce TV

Get TV

Escape and Grit TV

Ben

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 09:42:44 AM »

Good morning.

I have been asked to test a web site registration link before it goes live. I would like to register under some funny names. Just because.

Would you all like to help me come up with three or four funny names?

Slightly racy - Ineeda Man
Gopher Broke

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »

DR singingnymph,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 09:48:38 AM »

Helen Bedd

Korna Markett

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:06 AM »

WON TON TON and CENTENNIAL SUMMER did indeed arrive here on Saturday!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »

Helen Highwater

Tiffany Lamp

Ura Pigg

Ben

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »

The always reliable

Helena Handbasket

Ben

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2014, 09:59:54 AM »

Penny Candy

Ben

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 10:01:07 AM »