Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BUSY AS A BK  (Read 4082 times)

ChasSmith

Re: BUSY AS A BK
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »

Thanks for the vibes, everyone.  The kitty did well at the vet, and tomorrow we'll have up to date blood work results.

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »

TOD - I like to cook so I have a well stocked pantry, flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda spices etc.  I also have things like a can of chicken, a can of tuna, a can of salmon and sometimes spam, for those times when I want to add ingredients to pasta or just make a sandwich.   I shop for meat in amounts larger than I need and repackage them at home freezing them in individual portions.   I always have milk, eggs, butter, condiments I use a lot, cheese etc.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2014, 09:25:29 AM »

I am home from therapy and back to it on Thursday at 1:00; they are taking Friday-Monday off for Labor Day.  I stopped at the bank since I had to APPLY for the overdrawn charges to be refunded. What a jackass group of bankers.

However, I got home to discover that Rodgers & Hammerstein may have (I typed MAY HAVE) a wonderful editing job for me in the not-too-far future. The sooner the better, in my book.

If it happens.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »

Vibes for Vixgrandad!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2014, 09:31:55 AM »

More reason for optimism, DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2014, 09:35:43 AM »

re: the TOD  My cupboards are always full.  As is my refrigerator and freezer.

For cupboards: sugar, cereal, crackers, pasta, sauces, spices, various cans.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2014, 09:45:31 AM »

DR Druxy I enjoyed your Richard Attenborough story :)

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2014, 09:46:54 AM »

More TOD - I've often told Richard that it would take us a long time to starve in our house, but it might get pretty weird after a while.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »

Mega employment vibes for Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2014, 09:47:20 AM »

Why is this such a Monday?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2014, 09:48:13 AM »

My friends Mickey and Glenn celebrating their 61st anniversary Saturday evening.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2014, 09:49:17 AM »

From DR John G:
I knew that once I started watching "The Book Thief" that I would not be able to stop. An excellent adaptation of an even better book. I really don't understand some of the criticism this movie received.

I agree and I thought the book was so great I read it twice within six months.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »

From DR Vixmom:
WestJet (which we had never flown before) kindly arranged to have our connecting flight held at the gate while we collected our luggage went through customs and rechecked the luggage

Impressive.  I didn't know any airline did that anymore.

Did Vixdad leave his phone exposed?  All valuables should be hidden inside shoes, coat pockets, etc.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »

From DR Vixmom:
They managed all this with a 4 year old a 2 year old and a 8 day old to care for... Little wonder SIL insisted we not call with regrets

Little wonder-lol.  I'm glad she insisted you go and spend time with your niece and her family.

How is your Vixgranddad doing today? VIBES TO HIM!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:59:51 AM by Jane »

ChasSmith

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2014, 09:58:36 AM »

...Rodgers & Hammerstein may have (I typed MAY HAVE) a wonderful editing job for me in the not-too-far future...

That sounds loverly!  VIBES!    (I typed FIBES)

Jane

« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2014, 10:03:24 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept really poorly, but i am up and ready for physical therapy.

My bank account is almost back to normal: the company on whom the fraudulent charges were made has indeed credited the full amount. Now I need to fight with my bank for the refund of the overdrawn fees. When that comes through, I still have very little but it's much better than it was yesterday. 

Excellent, now vibes you get the charges returned to you!!!!

Jane

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »

TOD:

Thankfully, I haven't had to do the grocery shopping since I got married.

:D

I'm thankful Keith goes with me and does the major shopping & pushes the cart since he retired. :)

Jane

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2014, 10:05:56 AM »

I missed the news about the earthquake as we had not seen any tv. We have the news on now...YIKES!!!  Did I read last night that someone had heard from RLP and that he was OK?   

I had mentioned we didn't need to be concerned about him since he was far enough away from it.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »

I just scrape off of the brown on the top of the leftover avocado and eat the rest.  Keith would throw it out-lol

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2014, 10:10:48 AM »

Thanks for the vibes, everyone.  The kitty did well at the vet, and tomorrow we'll have up to date blood work results.

Very good news.  We had a cat with chronic renal failure and had to give him fluids every couple of days.  They taught me how to do it at the vet and DR Ron helped me through much of my fear of doing this, answered questions & offered excellent suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:12:37 AM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2014, 10:20:03 AM »

Bruce I find it interesting you don't like Anderson's accent since she learned to speak while living in England.  Although she is from the States she lived there until she was 11.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2014, 10:35:55 AM »

...Rodgers & Hammerstein may have (I typed MAY HAVE) a wonderful editing job for me in the not-too-far future...

Ditto...well not the Fibes part

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »

Bruce I find it interesting you don't like Anderson's accent since she learned to speak while living in England.  Although she is from the States she lived there until she was 11.

I've seen interviews where she talks about that.  I would've thought that her accent would be pretty accurate...unless moving back to the states made her forget what it should really sound like.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2014, 11:01:18 AM »

I am home from therapy and back to it on Thursday at 1:00; they are taking Friday-Monday off for Labor Day.  I stopped at the bank since I had to APPLY for the overdrawn charges to be refunded. What a jackass group of bankers.

However, I got home to discover that Rodgers & Hammerstein may have (I typed MAY HAVE) a wonderful editing job for me in the not-too-far future. The sooner the better, in my book.

If it happens.

Great news on the returned funds and good luck with getting the charges back...AND especially GOOD LUCK with the (potential) R&H job!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2014, 11:01:28 AM »

My friends Mickey and Glenn celebrating their 61st anniversary Saturday evening.

Happy 61st Anniversary to Mickey and Glenn!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »

Ditto...well not the Fibes part

Fibes . . . Vibes . . . with my typing I usually miss the b and spell it Vines! It allworks since it's the emotional connection that counts.

So thanks!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2014, 11:26:56 AM »

If it happens.

Great news on the returned funds and good luck with getting the charges back...AND especially GOOD LUCK with the (potential) R&H job!! :D

I do hope it happens.

I suspect the blasted bank will hold on to the fees until they've drained every unce of interest they can accrue before they return it to me.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »

Rodgers & Hammerstein may have a wonderful editing job for me in the not-too-far future.

May it be so.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »

Anderson's accent sounds exactly like that - an American who'd been living in England - Richard Lester same thing, but at least he'd lived there for almost his whole adult life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »

Mickey and Glenn celebrating their 61st anniversary

Sweet!       :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up