Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BUSY AS A BK  (Read 4160 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BUSY AS A BK
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »

I'm up - after almost ten and a half hours of blessed sleep, which I so needed as I will not be getting more than eight hours this entire week and probably next.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2014, 12:31:18 PM »

I saw the last episode of the Falls. I found something odd about Anderson's voice, and it was something that didn't bother me when she played Haversham in the miniseries of "Great Expectations." Her accent seemed to fit an older time period but not modern times. That said, I still found her effective in the show, which reminded me of an attempt to do another "Prime Suspect." And if you're aiming that high, more power to you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »

Rodgers & Hammerstein may have a wonderful editing job for me in the not-too-far future.

May it be so.

May it be ditto!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2014, 12:58:05 PM »

TOD:  Before I'm contaminated or influenced by others --

For the pantry:
All-Purpose Flour
Sugar
Diced Tomatoes (several cans)
Tomato Sauce (several cans)
Tomato Paste
Devilled Ham (a couple of cans)
Split Pea or Asparagus Soup (a can or two of each)
A package or two of instant Mashed Potatoes...usually with cheese
White Corn (several cans)
Green Beans (several cans)
Bush's Baked Beans (prefer Maple Cured, but like County Style, as well)
Tuna in spring water (albacore, several cans)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »

I missed the news about the earthquake as we had not seen any tv. We have the news on now...YIKES!!!  Did I read last night that someone had heard from RLP and that he was OK?   

S'all right!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »

Actually, I woke up because it felt like the cat had jumped on the bed.  I then realized I have no cat.  I then freaked just a tad wondering what it was that jumped on my bed.  By that time, I was fully awake and realized it was an earthquake.  It was a gentle rolling quake that went on for 15-20 seconds.   That's quite a ride, believe me.

I waited for a few minutes to see if an after-shock might occur.  Then I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Nothing was harmed or shaken or stirred (other than me) and nothing fell.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:06:47 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2014, 01:05:39 PM »

TOD:

For the Refrigerator/freezer:

Ice cream (of some sort or another).  I love ice cream bars and Haagen-Dasz pints (when they are on sale).

Dinner Franks (they're the worst for me, healthwise...loaded in saturated fats and cholesterol and salt).  But they taste the best cut up in my baked beans.  So...both are "sometimes" treats...not mainstream dining.

Organic milk (expiration date is usually 6 weeks in the future when I buy a half-gallon).  I use this on my cereal and in making lattes. 

I eat Special K cereal...and always have either berries or cinnamon/pecan in the pantry.

I always have rib eyes and filet mignons in the freezer.  Get 'em at CostCo.

I always have single-serving portions of bacon, country ham and turkey in the freezer, too.

Frozen veggies, as well...brussels sprouts, spinach and zucchini slices.  I use these when I can't find (or don't have time to shop for) fresh.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:09:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2014, 01:10:28 PM »

Bruce I find it interesting you don't like Anderson's accent since she learned to speak while living in England.  Although she is from the States she lived there until she was 11.

I've seen interviews where she talks about that.  I would've thought that her accent would be pretty accurate...unless moving back to the states made her forget what it should really sound like.

;)

Did she sound English in the interviews?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »

And vibes for the rest of us!

To DR Elmore, for financial resolution.

And even to myself, for not-terrible news upon taking a kitty with kidney disease (who is generally doing very well) for a six-month checkup at the vet today.

My Miss Vickie had shrunken kidneys.  I had a special medicine compounded for her monthly at a compounding pharmacy in Berkeley.  I also administered lactated ringers several times a week.  To see her "revive" and become playful after the ringers were administered made it worthwhile.  In hindsight, though...it was a lot of work.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2014, 01:14:25 PM »

Actually, I woke up because it felt like the cat had jumped on the bed.  I then realized I have no cat.  I then freaked just a tad wondering what it was that jumped on my bed. 

Funny and I completely get it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:46 PM »

Nice description DR RLP.

I am now on my way to our first FULL run through of The Man Who.....   I am hoping we get to my part....but it is also our first night OFF BOOK, so anything may happen.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2014, 01:40:50 PM »

And even to myself, for not-terrible news upon taking a kitty with kidney disease (who is generally doing very well) for a six-month checkup at the vet today.

My Miss Vickie had shrunken kidneys.  I had a special medicine compounded for her monthly at a compounding pharmacy in Berkeley.  I also administered lactated ringers several times a week.  To see her "revive" and become playful after the ringers were administered made it worthwhile.  In hindsight, though...it was a lot of work.

For those who don't know:  while "lactated ringers" sounds like something one shouldn't mention on a G-rated site, it's the technical term for "fluids".

I've been administering fluids every four days since early December when her kidneys decided to go south on her, so nothing new here.  And it's amazing how fluids can extend and improve (that's the important part) a pet's life.  He may want to change the frequency or go to a special diet, but that's really all I'm expecting to hear.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »

And we have a cover!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2014, 01:42:12 PM »

Nice description DR RLP.

I am now on my way to our first FULL run through of The Man Who.....   

KNEW TOO MUCH???

Be careful, DR Jrand63.  Be very very careful.  Just remember -- it's a church!

ChasSmith

« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »

And we have a cover!

And a fine one it is!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ChasSmith

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »

I'm looking at it on a laptop monitor, but even though I don't think it's the actual pink you originally wanted, at least it's not blue or green or some such.  Right?  Are you happy with it?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2014, 02:21:23 PM »

I just spoke to my adopted son Joshie. His violin teacher Suzy and my drummer friend Ray Marchica had posted about the killing of violinist Mary Whitaker last week. She played Joshie's orchestration of The Cradle Will rock at City Center last summer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2732619/Philharmonic-violinist-tortured-shot-dead-two-armed-robbers-random-home-invasion.html
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2014, 02:23:02 PM »

For those who don't know:  while "lactated ringers" sounds like something one shouldn't mention on a G-rated site, it's the technical term for "fluids".

I've been administering fluids every four days since early December when her kidneys decided to go south on her, so nothing new here.  And it's amazing how fluids can extend and improve (that's the important part) a pet's life.  He may want to change the frequency or go to a special diet, but that's really all I'm expecting to hear.

I was very grateful for the ability to give our Bogie his fluids at home.  The immediate improvement was obvious. 

Jane

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2014, 02:26:44 PM »

And we have a cover!

Congratulations!  I hope you are pleased with it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »

Are we not having an Emmy Party this afternoon / evening?  We get the Emmy broadcast first at 5:00 and then again at 8:00 p.m.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »

I just spoke to my adopted son Joshie. His violin teacher Suzy and my drummer friend Ray Marchica had posted about the killing of violinist Mary Whitaker last week. She played Joshie's orchestration of The Cradle Will rock at City Center last summer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2732619/Philharmonic-violinist-tortured-shot-dead-two-armed-robbers-random-home-invasion.html

This is so very sad and horrible.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2014, 02:31:21 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LENNY!

That heroin really aged Lenny Bruce!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »

DR elmore I forgot to say....

VIBES THE MAYBE JOB BECOMES A DEFINITE JOB!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »

Good vibes for the kitty, which I didn't even know that one owned you.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2014, 02:38:20 PM »

WTF!   Reading that now.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2014, 02:38:20 PM »

Good morning to all. Doing this on my iPhone at work.

Happy Back to Work Vibes for Mike!!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:38 PM »

This site,
Is not rite!
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »

WTF!   Reading that now.

A horrible story, in so many ways.  What can one say...

(It's also, as reported there, a maddeningly incomplete story which makes little or no sense.)

Horrible, horrible.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2014, 02:47:27 PM »

Here's a more accurate report on the crime.
http://www.wkbw.com/news/Woman-Fought-With-Attackers-During-Deadly-Robbery-272389041.html

I knew the killers had been caught last friday, but today her friends are posting updates on Facebook.

Either my computer, which is already in death throesm, is particularly wonky today or this site it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up