Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ANTIQUATED EQUIPMENT  (Read 13442 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ANTIQUATED EQUIPMENT
« on: September 17, 2004, 12:05:37 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know all about my antiquated equipment, and now it is time for you to post until the antiquated cows come home.

And congratulations to those errant and truant who helped us achieve our new all-time low of yesterday.  But, I'll tell you one thing - what was there was cherce, and a big thank you to those who tried to keep the home fries burning.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 12:01:21 AM by bk »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:ANTIQUATED EQUIPMENT
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 12:23:02 AM »

I'll catch up on yesterdays posts tomorrow which is today. Just came by say hello. ...Hello.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 12:26:42 AM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

Hmmm.. A Warm slice of Honey Cake...-The wonders of the microwave oven!  Yum!!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 12:28:18 AM »

Jose, that sounds just delish!  And hello, Panni!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 12:31:31 AM »

Hmmmm... The wrapper of the Honey Cake package says it serves "13.3" people - well, it has 13.3 servings...  Hmmm... Right now, I'd say it serves four... three... two... one.. ;)

Must resist.... Must resist...
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 12:41:24 AM »

I caught up on the posts tonight after all... while drinking a mixture of Diet Coke and Diet Cherry Coke.

George

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 12:43:25 AM »

What will be in my CD player at work:  "The Threepenny Opera" with Max Raabe, Nina Hagen and HK Gruber.  It's all in German and has Bertolt Brecht's concert narration between the songs, which is the first time that the narrations have been recorded.  The only problem is that the center of the CD jewel box held the CD so tightly that when I took it out of the case for the first time, it cracked the center of the disc a little bit!  I filed down the center tines (or whatever they're called) so that it doesn't hold so tightly.  I also put a Post-It note in the case saying "DISC 2 CRACKED!!" to remind myself of that whenever I want to remove the disc.  If I'm careful, it shouldn't be too much trouble.  The crack doesn't go into the silver part...yet.  The worst part, though is that I JUST GOT IT BRAND NEW LAST WEEK!! :'(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 12:48:46 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 12:45:46 AM »

In my DVD player:  three new Netflix movies (that shall remain unnamed ;) ).  That's the beauty of Netflix.  I can rent movies that I've been curious about seeing but haven't been brave enough to pick out at a video store (if a place even has it at all) and I don't have to actually buy it only to find out that I hate it!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 12:53:27 AM »

In my DVD player:  three new Netflix movies (that shall remain unnamed ;) ).  That's the beauty of Netflix.  I can rent movies that I've been curious about seeing but haven't been brave enough to pick out at a video store (if a place even has it at all) and I don't have to actually buy it only to find out that I hate it!!

Inquiring minds want to know, George!

Hey, if you tell me one of the movies you Netflixed, I'll tell you the name of the movie I saw last week that I did not mention the title of when I posted. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 01:02:19 AM »

Hmmm....

Did anyone else catch the news about the news conference that was held today in Sacramento in regards to the toxic properties of aspartame (NutraSweet/Equal)?

Here's a link to the lawsuit filing:

http://www.wnho.net/nutrasweet_company_lawsuit.htm
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 04:23:06 AM »

Nothing in the work CD player. I'm listening to BBC Radio 2 right now. It will probably be a radio day here at work. Anthony is still on Long Island due to medical visits and clown shows. I taped Two's Company for viewing when Anthony is back in the city. I'm working my way through this season's Sopranos episodes as I ride the exercise bike so I'll watch one or two of them this weekend. I'm going to the theatre tomorrow. It's the first show in Playwrights Horizon's season, called People Be Heard

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87701.html

I will also go to the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Flea Market on Sunday afternoon. It's the yearly fundraising street fair in the Broadway district. Have lots of friends to greet and theatrical memoribilia to sort through. I stay away from the silent auctions. They are out of my budget.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 04:26:54 AM »

Another vacation picture. If I leave New York maybe I could get a job here at this food stand at the fair.

Don't know why I have that weird look on my face.

Ko-ink-e-dink. I have on the very same shirt today that I am wearing in the picture.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 04:28:10 AM by Ben »

Michael

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 05:00:29 AM »

DVD: The Night Stalker/The Night Stranger double bill. Home on the Range fetauring the voice of Mr. Jason Graae, and Angels in America (agin)
Never stop dreaming.

beckon

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004, 05:45:11 AM »

Media Check:

CD : Godspell (OBC), Seussical

Cassette:  Z the Masked Musical (Some really good performers but a bit too pop), 110 In The Shade (JAY complete score)
A bell is no bell til you ring it
A song is no song til you sing it
And love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
Love isn't love til you give it away

Oscar Hammerstein II

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2004, 05:47:43 AM »

CD player: Not plugged in
Car CD player: It's too hot to leave CDs in the car, so nothing.
DVD player: Well, folks, you won't believe it, as I hardly believe it myself. My son hooked up his old DVD player to the TV in the living room. I had no DVDs, so it seemed rather a waste. BUT... I bought the DVD of "Home on the Range," featuring the voice of Mr.  Jason Graae (a Michael Shayne reference) BUT... I didn't recognize his voice, and he is not listed in the credits.

It took us quite a while to figure out how to play a DVD, what with menus and extras and skip buttons and all.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

beckon

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 05:49:43 AM »

What will be in my CD player at work:  "The Threepenny Opera" with Max Raabe, Nina Hagen and HK Gruber.  It's all in German and has Bertolt Brecht's concert narration between the songs, which is the first time that the narrations have been recorded.  The only problem is that the center of the CD jewel box held the CD so tightly that when I took it out of the case for the first time, it cracked the center of the disc a little bit!  I filed down the center tines (or whatever they're called) so that it doesn't hold so tightly.  I also put a Post-It note in the case saying "DISC 2 CRACKED!!" to remind myself of that whenever I want to remove the disc.  If I'm careful, it shouldn't be too much trouble.  The crack doesn't go into the silver part...yet.  The worst part, though is that I JUST GOT IT BRAND NEW LAST WEEK!! :'(

DR George: Thats terrible!   Since the CD is new, is there a way you could exchange it?  
I love Nina Hagen's pop recordings.   I imagine she is doing the Lotte Lenya role (Pirate Jenny).  How does Hagen do Weill?
A bell is no bell til you ring it
A song is no song til you sing it
And love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
Love isn't love til you give it away

Oscar Hammerstein II

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 05:55:29 AM »

DRs Jay and Jose,

Kasha varnishkes (from yesterday's late postings)! When the DP (dear partner) is away - as he is this week - that's something I prepare. It's one of the very few things he won't eat - and I have it (them?) for dinner and - reheated - the next day's breakfast. Comfort food at it's most comforting.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 05:56:03 AM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 05:57:11 AM »

Don't know why I have that weird look on my face.

Too much kraut?

Ben

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 06:20:32 AM »

Jay, what are you doing up at this hour? Are you looking for the afikomen? Wait, that's Passover, right?

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 06:26:53 AM »

Hey, if you tell me one of the movies you Netflixed, I'll tell you the name of the movie I saw last week that I did not mention the title of when I posted. ;)

And if Dear Reader Jose makes such a revelation, believe me, Dear Readers, you will be shocked!  Shocked, I say!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 06:30:34 AM »

Jay, what are you doing up at this hour? Are you looking for the afikomen? Wait, that's Passover, right?

Why, I'm keeping you company, Dear Reader Ben.  
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

MBarnum

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2004, 07:06:55 AM »

Media check:

CD: The soundtrack from the recent release of AA AB LAUT CHALEN...and...a new release CD of Doris Day with her songs from APRIL IN PARIS and YOUNG AT HEART!

VHS: The pre-code 1930s comedy THE NAUGHTY FLIRT and a couple of 1960s LASSIE episodes (with the ranger, not Timmy)

DVD: YOU BET YOUR LIFE: THE BEST EPISODES....I have just been laughing my head off!!

MBarnum

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 07:07:27 AM »

And if Dear Reader Jose makes such a revelation, believe me, Dear Readers, you will be shocked!  Shocked, I say!

Go ahead Jose, shock us!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 07:38:55 AM »

Hmmmm... The wrapper of the Honey Cake package says it serves "13.3" people.

I bought a container of peanut oil the other week. The label says: "Warning - may have come into contact with nuts."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 08:06:16 AM »

BK:  If you know of a place that will replace your "antiquated equipment" for "new equipment" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (that's three -- count 'em 3 -- PLEASES) let us in on the secret!!!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Panni

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 08:36:33 AM »

I could've kept Jay and Ben company this morning. Was up at 4:30. Nothing in any of the media at the moment. But the big news is that today I inherit a brand new (for me) pre-owned TV and basic black stand (to match my basic black outfits). I will finally be able to watch DVDs without having to unplug and replug inaccessible wires on the back of the TV. And I'll be able to watch tapes again. Joy, joy! (Not DR Noel's wife - although she's welcome to watch my new pre-owned TV.)

MBarnum

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 08:57:05 AM »

DR Panni,
Congrats on your new pre-owned electronical equipment!

George

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2004, 09:35:48 AM »

Hmmm....

Did anyone else catch the news about the news conference that was held today in Sacramento in regards to the toxic properties of aspartame (NutraSweet/Equal)?

Here's a link to the lawsuit filing:

http://www.wnho.net/nutrasweet_company_lawsuit.htm

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN[/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/move]

George

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 09:36:32 AM »

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

George

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 09:40:05 AM »

Okay, one of them is the 1973 "Very Natural Thing"  This is one of the movies that I'd wanted to rent for some time, but just had never seen it anywhere...not even to buy, other than on-line.  Now I'll get to see what this very early gay pride movie is about! :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up