Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITING NOTES IN A TRICE  (Read 5311 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WRITING NOTES IN A TRICE
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »

Back from a pretty average production of the pretty average Putting It Together.  Dinner at Genghis Cohen was superb.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2014, 11:12:51 PM »

I still think the only good Sondheim revue worth doing is Side by Side by Sondheim   But really, how many Sondheim revues do we need?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2014, 11:15:29 PM »

Listening to the new master for Classical Broadway - much, much better now.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:59 PM »

Well, "The HEAD! That Wouldn't DIE!" is almost over!  This weekend, we've had one half-way filled house (Thursday) and three mostly filled houses (two on Friday and tonight)!  We would've ended with tomorrow's matinee, but we've added two more performances on January 2nd and 3rd!  And along with the critical success (two great reviews), it's a financial success! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2014, 11:55:50 PM »

Yesterday, I wrote that I had ordered the 2-CD soundtrack to "Into the Woods" and that I got notification that it was supposed to be delivered on Sunday and that "that ain't gonna happen."  And then TCB asked why not because he's had things delivered on Sundays.  The reason is because I have all my shipments sent to my work and it's ALWAYS closed on Sunday, so it will always have to be the next working day.  So, Monday it is.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2014, 12:02:38 AM »

BK, is the musical version of "The Gift of the Magi" that you saw a known version or do you know if it's a locally written version?  Because my Topic of the Day selection would be this version (I only know the show from the CD...but I love this recording):

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:40:16 AM by George »

George

« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »

Now to ketchup on all of today's posts.

George

« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »

Otherwise, the Topic of the Day includes:

A Christmas Carol: The Musical (the Alan Menken and Lynn Ahrens version)
A Christmas Story
It's a Wonderful Life
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Scrooge
She Loves Me
The Shop Around the Corner
White Christmas

I like the cast recording of the musical "Elf", but I haven't yet seen the TV version.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:28:05 AM by George »

George

« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:51 AM »

For A Christmas Carol, it's Alistair Sim for me all the way, baby.  I have actually not even seen most other film and TV adaptations.  I only remember, as a kid, being less interested in the Reginald Owen film version.

However, the other night TCM was running a bunch of them and I caught just a few minutes of the 1964 TV movie A Carol for Another Christmas which I'd never seen, and it looked wonderful.  Written by Rod Serling, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, starring the likes of Sterling Hayden, Eva Marie Saint, Ben Gazzara and others, with a score by Henry Mancini -- what's not to like?  I am truly sorry I didn't get to watch or DVR it.

(I don't suppose DR George or anyone DVR'ed it?  hmm?  hmm?)

I didn't even know about it...but if it's on again, I can.

George

« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2014, 12:18:05 AM »

Good morning, all.

Add me to the list of people who did not sleep well last night. Wonder if it's the moon?

Our midnight show (this morning) ended at 2:30 am.  I got home around 3:00 am, and had to be up and at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts by noon to work concessions.  I didn't get enough sleep. :P

George

« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2014, 12:26:03 AM »

Back from a nice visit with Mom, during which I didn't have to worry about cleaning her apartment, stocking her kitchen, or administering her meds.  Worth every penny of the increased costs!

And she told me she's planning to celebrate her 100th birthday in this new room  :D

Great news, Ginny!!

George

« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2014, 12:29:15 AM »

Congratulations to Bryan on all those offers!

Ditto!!

George

« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2014, 12:32:18 AM »

Listened tonight to Brian Setzer's Christmas Comes Alive. Big band arrangements rocking out the joint. Very cool. And fun.

I have Brian Setzer's The Ultimate Christmas Collection.  It includes a full-length live concert DVD!  It's great!

George

« Reply #193 on: December 21, 2014, 12:33:27 AM »

I wonder how George did with his reduced sleep today.

I survived...barely.

George

« Reply #194 on: December 21, 2014, 12:43:42 AM »

I watched tonight's episode of "The McCarthys" and the episode right before it was "Two and a Half Men."  At the end of every Chuck Lorre show, he has a card that's displayed for only a second or so and you have to freeze-frame it be able to read it.  Tonight, he wrote "Random Advice to Young Comedy Writers," and one thing he wrote was this:

"People who write poisonous things about your work are using up precious moments of their life dwelling on yours.  These are moments they will never get back.  Let that be a comfort to you."

I thought that that was pretty funny!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up