Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITING NOTES IN A TRICE  (Read 5375 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: WRITING NOTES IN A TRICE
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »

Not exactly seasonal

No, not exactly.        :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »

Vincent Price is not the first person I think of when I think of Christmas.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »

Makes me feel good to read of your successful transition with your mother, DR Ginny.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2014, 02:22:34 PM »

And now I need to depart and spend some serious note-review time with some musical scores.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »

Back from a two-mile jog, waiting for a telephonic call, and then at five will mosey on over to Genghis Cohen.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »

Hello. and I have nothing to report today. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »

I stopped in Barnes & Nobl;e during my afternoon errands to buy some wrapping peer.  It was a zoo.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »

Zoo, of course, is ooz spelled backwards.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2014, 03:06:58 PM »

Great news, DR Ginny!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »

T.O.D.

SCROOGE (My version)
SCROOGE (Albert Finney)
A CHIRSTMAS CAROL - George C. Scott
MR MAGOO'S CHRISTMAS CAROL (Mr. Magoo)

SHE LOVES ME
THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2014, 03:28:45 PM »

Last night, our CW channel showed MR. MAGOO'S CHRISTMAS CAROL in a ninety minute format.  That was a very long version.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2014, 03:29:42 PM »

Vincent Price is not the first person I think of when I think of Christmas.

Is he the second?
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »

TOD -  Scrooge (Bricuesse), A Christmas Carol - The Musical (Menken/Ahrens), The Muppoets Christmas Carol, Santa Claus is Coming to Town,

and the coup de grace.... Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »

Thank you, DRs ChasSmith, JRand, Singdaw, and TCB. for the nice comments on my Mom report.  I can feel some weight lifting from my shoulders.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »

There's something going on in our living room that I've wanted to happen for 26 years, but never had the energy - a Christmas tree is going up.  We always put ours (artificial) in the family room, because that's where we spend most of our time.  I've thought about a second tree and this year it's happening, courtesy of Rob and Mary Linda.  They like to cut a fresh tree, which they did this afternoon.  They're trimming while I wrap presents downstairs and Richard's picking up pizza for our dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2014, 04:04:33 PM »

There's something going on in our living room that I've wanted to happen for 26 years, but never had the energy - a Christmas tree is going up.  We always put ours (artificial) in the family room, because that's where we spend most of our time.  I've thought about a second tree and this year it's happening, courtesy of Rob and Mary Linda.  They like to cut a fresh tree, which they did this afternoon.  They're trimming while I wrap presents downstairs and Richard's picking up pizza for our dinner.

I thought your wrapping center was in the basement?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »

Jane's drunk picture just popped back up on my Facebook page!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to Genghis Cohen - so hungry right now.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »

Back from a nice visit with Mom, during which I didn't have to worry about cleaning her apartment, stocking her kitchen, or administering her meds.  Worth every penny of the increased costs!

And she told me she's planning to celebrate her 100th birthday in this new room  :D

Ginny, I am extremely happy for you.

FJL

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2014, 05:24:43 PM »

TOD:   TCB version of SCROOGE, of which I just watched the highlights

Jane

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »

Two tree, I would be thrilled.  I miss having a tree and decorations around.  Keith doesn't want a tree and the decorations are packed too tightly in the storage closet for me to get out.  Maybe next year cuz I don't have any holiday spirit this way.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »

Jane's drunk picture just popped back up on my Facebook page!

;D

Now, I wasn't exactly drunk on one drink but I was feeling darn good.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2014, 05:48:02 PM »

Two tree, I would be thrilled.  I miss having a tree and decorations around.  Keith doesn't want a tree and the decorations are packed too tightly in the storage closet for me to get out.  Maybe next year cuz I don't have any holiday spirit this way.

I really didn't have any holiday spirit, either, until today.  Some really nice things have happened over the last couple of days - from Mom to the living room tree to discovering that Richard had had my car cleaned inside and out to receiving an invitation to Christmas dinner at his brother's house in Cincinnati.

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »

Yes, it is, DR TCB - right below where the kids were trimming their tree and playing Christmas music on the stereo.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2014, 05:52:07 PM »

I really didn't have any holiday spirit, either, until today.  Some really nice things have happened over the last couple of days - from Mom to the living room tree to discovering that Richard had had my car cleaned inside and out to receiving an invitation to Christmas dinner at his brother's house in Cincinnati.

That would lift my spirit. :)

Jane

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2014, 05:52:29 PM »

Yes, it is, DR TCB - right below where the kids were trimming their tree and playing Christmas music on the stereo.

:)

Jane

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »

Sending gifts through amazon, etc also takes the fun out of gift giving, at least for me.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2014, 05:57:06 PM »

We did get to have a nice long conversation with Bryan.  Everywhere he applied for a job he was offered one.  Ruling out Oregon :( and Cleveland he has 6 options in Chicago.  I think we helped him narrow it down to two.  One option he had turned down sweetened the pot when he declined.  It is nice to be wanted and they are all good places.

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2014, 06:20:49 PM »

Congratulations to Bryan on all those offers!

Matthew

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »

Funny about the spirit thing... last year I totally did not have the spirit to do anything at home for Christmas.  This year, I'm doing my best to dress up the apartment for the season!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up