Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILY WE WRITE ALONG  (Read 5238 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MERRILY WE WRITE ALONG
« on: January 08, 2015, 12:22:54 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes merrily wrote along, and now it is time for you to post until the merry cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MERRILY WE WRITE ALONG
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:23:45 AM »

And the word of the day is: CLAQUE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:37:02 AM »

As the book says, "Big Brother is watching you."

:o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 12:48:03 AM »

Well, since I've been up in bed posting on my tablet, I've gotten kind of sleepy in a way that doesn't happen when I'm downstairs at my computer.  I need to go to sleep, now.

Good night, all.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 02:42:22 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 03:38:59 AM »

good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 03:40:53 AM »

i try to be careful what i post where ever i am.
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 03:54:21 AM »

TOD:

It seems that people have decided that they're willing to give up a lot of privacy for a little bit of convenience.
But every time a read about the new "hack" or the latest "leak," it does make me wonder.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 03:57:16 AM »

Blue Lake, Indonesia:

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Kerry

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 04:45:48 AM »

Well, Hello Everybody!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 04:48:35 AM »

Good morning, all!

I have a busy day today:  I see my doctor at 10:15.  This will be sad, since this will be the last time I see her before she leaves Manhattan to marry and relocate in Milwaukee. I can neither praise her enough nr express how much her departure saddens me.  U'm sure it will be a teary visit ending with my doing something stupid like throwing myself on the floor, grabbing her ankles and begging her not to leave me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 04:50:53 AM »

Following that, i will head to a bar for a drink yo get myself together before I head to Tams-Witmark for a couple of hours looking over some Moross scores.

I am hoping that when I get home there will be a nice check waiting for me in today's post.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 04:53:45 AM »

I think the computer did much to destroy anyone's feelings of privacy.  Anyone can read or google this site and see what we post about ourselves. The same with Facebook or any other site.  I believe all that we can do is control to some degree what we wish others to see.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 04:55:27 AM »

TOD:

It seems that people have decided that they're willing to give up a lot of privacy for a little bit of convenience.
But every time a read about the new "hack" or the latest "leak," it does make me wonder.

DR singsong, how are you feeling today?  I finally closed one of my windows. I hope that's all I need to close; I like the fresh air.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 05:13:06 AM »

I am pretty much over this crud, I believe. I do have the tiny remnants of a headache. And a persistent cough. But I am functional.        :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 05:14:26 AM »

Good morning, all.

Another epic dream that would be worth preserving if I were still making the effort.  What's this, three nights in a row?  It's like ... a return to the Golden Age.  Of something or other.

Coffee!

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 05:18:25 AM »

Blue Lake, Indonesia:

That's not Blue Lake, Indonesia, DR SingSing.

That's Teal and Orange Lake, Indonesia.  I'd know it anywhere!

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 05:29:01 AM »

Sounds like a morning of mixed emotions, DR Elmore.  It's horrible to have to lose a great doctor.  Have one for me, too, at the bar, if you're of a mind to.

Vibes the work and checks keep coming in!

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 05:32:32 AM »

I wish to hell my SHE LOVES ME book would get here.  (like I don't have enough other things to work on.)  They were mailing them out, hopefully at the beginning of the week.

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 05:33:14 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I'm venturing out soon in the sub-zero temps to have breakfast with my friend Becky.  She was here for the Clever Container party, but we didn't have a chance to visit much.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 05:34:58 AM »

Blue Lake, Indonesia:

Where did you find this? It looks like a velvet painting you'd find in a gas station lot.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 05:37:08 AM »

Sounds like a morning of mixed emotions, DR Elmore.  It's horrible to have to lose a great doctor.  Have one for me, too, at the bar, if you're of a mind to.

Vibes the work and checks keep coming in!

Thanks! Keep them vibes coming!  Rob Berman informed me last night the first orchestra reading of Paint Your Wagon is Feb. 27, which gives me only a month to get the new parts together, once they decide what they want to do.

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 05:39:01 AM »

I think the computer did much to destroy anyone's feelings of privacy.  Anyone can read or google this site and see what we post about ourselves. The same with Facebook or any other site.  I believe all that we can do is control to some degree what we wish others to see.

Well said, DR Elmore.  When I used to teach Internet use and people would express concern about lack of privacy, I'd tell them that, as a print-era reference librarian, I could find out a lot about them.  So, don't entirely blame technology, but be careful about what you give away.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 05:50:45 AM »

Thursday.  Trash day.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 06:01:51 AM »

Great review for SEXY REXY on Amazon.

"Rex Harrison faces a jury of his peers, the spirits of three of his wives and his late mistress, in a highly entertaining play reminiscent of Noel Coward's "Blithe Spirit." The spotlight falls on each woman in turn (Kay Kendall, Lilli Palmer, Rachel Roberts and Carole Landis)as they skewer the star renowned for his wit and sophistication. What makes Michael Druxman's scintillating play such fun to read is how he captures the personality and voice of each woman, old rivalries surfacing as they recall their lives as partners of "Sexy Rexy." Most delicious are the revelations of what they have in common: the experience of living with the great star's supreme egotism and caddishness. Michael Druxman finds the humor in Rex Harrison's blithe unawareness of his outrageous selfishness and cavalier treatment of the women in his life. We get the juicy lowdown on a celebrity scandal, but Michael Druxman movingly deepens the portrait of Rex Harrison by subtly suggesting that beneath the caddish behavior lay some capacity for geunine feeling for the women in his life, and a sense of loss now he confronts life without them. These are terrific roles: I'd love to see this play performed." -- Frances Doel

http://www.amazon.com/Sexy-Rexy-Play-Hollywood-Legends/dp/1503197875/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417060119&sr=1-1&keywords=sexy+rexy
You can dream…or you can do.

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 06:13:33 AM »

TOD

We'd have to turn the clock back twenty years (to when the Internet went public), while retaining the knowledge we have now, to have any hope of undoing the damage to our individual and collective privacy.

Since that horse is out of the barn, the ship has sailed, and the train has left the station, I simply do the best I can at being judicious in where and what I post.  I don't "do" Facebook or Twitter, so I feel my life is a little more peaceful than some.  But I buy online and have done so since 1998, so there's that risk hanging out there.

I regret that there are vultures everywhere, ready to destroy personal lives and society itself.  Of course they were always there, but the Internet is a weapon of mass destruction in their hands.

Jennifer

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 06:35:33 AM »

It is cold out! -32C/-25F with windchill. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 06:45:06 AM »

Congrats to DR DRUXY on his review.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 06:45:34 AM »

TOD:

George Orwell said this would happen.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 07:02:09 AM »

Well my car would not start this morning because of the cold.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up