Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NOSTALGIA BITS  (Read 4268 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE NOSTALGIA BITS
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »

For those of you in cold-plagued areas, it is currently 65 degrees in Oakland.  It also feels like 65.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2015, 03:16:19 PM »

Wellwhaddayaknow.

Page tree!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »

Got some Twilight Time blu rays in today's mail:  Love and Death, The Bride Wore Black and Stormy Weather.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 03:17:36 PM »

This work day ain't movin' fast enough.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »

Then I got a message on BOOKFACE from Brad, my cousin Lita's husband telling me that Lita had been in the hospital since Wednesday because they thought she had congestive heart failure.

She didn't want anyone to know because she didn't want us to worry.

He gave us a phone number.....it was a PM so it only came to me....so I called her up and said WHAT THE HELL?????

She is okay, they drained a lot of fluid, and they say they can control it with meds and diet.....

So.....there you are.  Everybody hug everybody and call everyone you love and let them know.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for Lita!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2015, 05:13:18 PM »

Finally finished the packaging for our next release - I'll just spill it and say the complete (and I do mean complete) soundtrack to Stormy Weather, including a whole slew of stuff that wasn't on the previous CD release, which has been OOP for twenty years.  This also sounds a thousand times better.  We have the bonus material from the previous CD, but also unearthed and additional four songs that were recorded but not used in the final film, including two sung by Cab Calloway.  This was a bit of a nightmare, as there's no real paperwork for anything, especially the cut stuff.  Calloway's voice I recognized but there are two others where we just won't list the vocalist, even though I'm fairly certain who one of them is for sure.  A two CD set that is as good as anything we've released.  Getting all the writers and publishers sorted out is what took so many hours today, but it's DONE!

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »

Richard and I left here at noon and went to the southernmost branch of my former employer to return some books and pick up some new ones.  Had a nice lunch at Red Lobster and then went to visit Mom.  Shopped at Kroger with all the other Chicken Littles and now we're hunkered down for the next snowpocalypse.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:17:52 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 05:26:37 PM »

Finally finished the packaging for our next release - I'll just spill it and say the complete (and I do mean complete) soundtrack to Stormy Weather, including a whole slew of stuff that wasn't on the previous CD release, which has been OOP for twenty years.  This also sounds a thousand times better.  We have the bonus material from the previous CD, but also unearthed and additional four songs that were recorded but not used in the final film, including two sung by Cab Calloway.  This was a bit of a nightmare, as there's no real paperwork for anything, especially the cut stuff.  Calloway's voice I recognized but there are two others where we just won't list the vocalist, even though I'm fairly certain who one of them is for sure.  A two CD set that is as good as anything we've released.  Getting all the writers and publishers sorted out is what took so many hours today, but it's DONE!

That's fantastic!  Can't wait for the official announcement! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.   Home from work, putting the finishing touches on the apartment as tomorrow I'm off to Las Vegas for a lovely birthday weekend with a married woman!  <gasp>   But the highlight of the weekend...

Matthew

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 05:31:29 PM »

wait for it....

Matthew

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »

I'm seeing Neil Sedaka tomorrow night!!!

Neil Sedaka is my idol.  I've been a fan since I was 5 or 6.  In fact, I saw him TWICE when I was 6 or 7 or something like that, at the now very much long gone Circle Star Theatre.  I'm hoping to get a picture and an autograph from him.  I wish I had a chance to sit down and chat with him and tell him how much he's influenced me as a musician. 

Matthew

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »

In the meantime, I'll be heading over to El Torito, where I'm having a Birthday Happy Hour.  Hopefully someone will show up!!

George

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »

I'm seeing Neil Sedaka tomorrow night!!!

Neil Sedaka is my idol.  I've been a fan since I was 5 or 6.  In fact, I saw him TWICE when I was 6 or 7 or something like that, at the now very much long gone Circle Star Theatre.  I'm hoping to get a picture and an autograph from him.  I wish I had a chance to sit down and chat with him and tell him how much he's influenced me as a musician. 

Good luck with the picture and autograph, Matthew! 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 06:20:16 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the theater.  Have no idea how big our audience is for tonight.  Hopefully it will be decent.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 06:35:01 PM »

I want that Stormy Weather CD.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »

Have fun in Vegas, Matthew.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 06:35:41 PM »

Pelicans on the Intracoastal Waterway.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2015, 06:43:17 PM »

Oh no.  Another long night ahead!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2015, 07:09:38 PM »

Well, I won't be able to help for the next several hours.

George

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »

I'm going to see a staged reading of "Angels In America, Part 1: Millennium Approaches" at Olympia Little Theatre.

George

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »

The director of "Laughing Stock" (in which I was cast) is playing Roy Cohn.

George

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2015, 07:11:59 PM »

They're going to do "Part 2: Perestroika" next weekend.

George

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:38 PM »

They're selling the tickets for each part separately.

George

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:46 PM »

So...be back later!

George

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2015, 08:11:18 PM »

I know I shouldn't complain that is only 40 degrees, as other are getting it worse, but I never realize how ill equipped I am for this cold weather.

LOL~ we hit 40 today and I was running around without my coat.  It really does depend on what you are used to

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2015, 08:16:19 PM »

Tonight I went to The Imitation Game  It was a very good movie. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »

It's funny, I usually set out on a mission to see all the Oscar nominated films and make a real game of it.  This year I didn't really try until this week and I've seen most of the big ones   Tomorrow I'm going to see American Sniper.  I've decided I really want to see it

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »

Has the problem for Laura with getting on this here site been solved yet?   I miss her

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2015, 08:23:05 PM »

The past few days have been ridiculous  however a major issue has been resolved much to my relief
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up