Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FALL OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME  (Read 30602 times)

Ben

Re:THE FALL OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2003, 02:09:32 PM »

News from the Rialto: Miss Jasmine Guy, late of Chicago and before that (long before that) A Different World (the NBC sitcom) has "left" the production of The Violet Hour, the new play by Richard Greenberg (of Take Me Out fame). It's the opening production of Manhattan Theatre Club's new space in the refurbished Biltmore Theatre (the pictures I've seen make it look gorgeous). Rumors abound (as usual). The show is scheduled to open very soon. Ms. Guy is the second name to leave the show. Laura Benati (a wonderful and touching Cinderella in the recent Into the Woods) left the show earlier during the rehearsal period. Ms. Guy's understudy has taken over the role. Unfortunately, I don't know her name.

And now, off to dinner.

Emily

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2003, 02:21:21 PM »

DR Jennifer - it did indeed snow here (although very lightly and only for about 15 mins) last night.

Either that or I have been taking more codeine without even realising it... :D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2003, 02:21:42 PM »

four posts away from having karma powers!

Yippers!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Hapgood

• Why is the smart son always the gay son?
    • My Diary
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2003, 02:34:09 PM »

DR Ben: It has been claimed that "medical reasons" were behind Guy's departure. She left in the middle of a performance, so that has some possibility.

More disturbing Rialto news is the increasing number of trouble signs surrounding "Taboo." Jeff Calhoun brought in as "choreographic consultant" and then previews being delayed four (count them four) days, because of "technical difficulties." It seems to be a disaster in the making-a shame, really, because I like Rosie and I don't want her to lose money. Also, it's an original show, with a new score, which you don't see so often.
Six Characters in Search of an Author by Luigi Pirandello. Barber Theatre. Northwestern University. February 13-22. The greatest theatrical event that the world has ever known!

François

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2003, 02:38:43 PM »

Did you know Mike Nichols wanted Julie Andrews for SHE LOVES ME?

I love trivia,don't you too?

Well, if you've seen S.O.B then you know that Julie doesn't have boobs like that lady, for sure...

Boobs In The Woods!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2003, 02:44:38 PM »

SWW:  I have been meaning to tell you that I just love the stories you have been posting here.  You really ought to think about putting them together into one big memory book.  I would suggest you call it Scenes from a Marriage, but I believe that is already taken..... but they really are quite delightful.
I've been thinking about getting a site of my own going, TCB, specifically as a place to collect my writing, but want to get resettled in Delaware before taking on such a project.  Also, I'd want to make such a place a complementary site to HHW, since BK, Mark, and our host Guy have gone out of their way to make this site such a welcoming home for us all.

Does the above paragraph read as total kiss-ass, or what?  
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dennis

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2003, 03:10:38 PM »

"Everything Was Possible" was a terrific book. It's too bad that there aren't more books like that written.
There is one on the creation of "The Fantasticks" and to a degree we learn a little about the original "Gypsy" through Arthur Laurents autobiography.
Although everything has probably been said about it I would have liked to have sat with the dancers in "Chorus Line" when they did the midnight talks about their lives.
I'm surprised no one has tried to revive that yet.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2003, 03:18:06 PM »

Am I the only kimlet who thinks S. Woody can use all the karma he can get during his cross-country trek?

I have so enjoyed his tales over the past weeks and am very glad he's still stopping along the way and giving us more to read about his and der Brucer's travails.

Those of you with karma-granting powers, ante up!!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 03:18:36 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2003, 03:19:53 PM »

Okay re: the picture thing. I read what BK wrote:

For example, should I want to post an image, I go down to the attach box (you have to not be in the "quick reply" place, I browse my computer until I find an image, I find said image, I open said image, said image address automatically shows up in the attach box and I post.

I see the "browse" button beside "attach". I hadn't seen that before. And I didn't realize I had to click on that.  But in BK's blurb, I also didn't get "i find image and open image". I wasn't getting where you found it and how you opened it (okay I know this is all basic, but until you've done it once ...).

Anyhow I just saved my pic to a disk and browsed it from there. Now it may be too big. But we'll see. Oh and you can guess which one in the pic I'm not :)

Yeah it worked (the file appeared automatically in the attach column) but it's too big I guess  :'(

But I definitely get the idea now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2003, 03:20:07 PM »

1964 was the year.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

td

• td
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2003, 03:26:49 PM »

1964 was the year.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]. . .and that was the year that was. . .[/move]

Great pix of Miss Collins, btw!   ;)

Anyone else who has read EVERYTHING WAS POSSIBLE - - dontcha think that Miss Fifi D'Orsay is a hoot and a holler? ? ? She's nothing like our Francois! ! !
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 03:50:14 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2003, 03:35:08 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] I think I need some more karma right now![/move]

This one cracks me up:

At least I can do something :'(

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2003, 03:40:15 PM »

Oh wow, some of these make me very happy!

Look how cute:

baaaaaaaa:

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2003, 03:42:26 PM »

Btw, I am seeing the widescreen version of HHW.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2003, 03:48:41 PM »

Jrand - the pix did turn us into widescreen, if not Cinemascope.  I think if you do one pic per post it will be fine.  I'm going to delete the post and please try reposting the pix in two separate posts.

Noel: Sorry I had to take it down but no one could read the posts.  If you're not sure how to resize a pic please visit the tech board.  A pain in the ass I know, but soon we'll all be familiar with the little peculiarities of the new board.  Of course, on the old way no one could EVER post pix.

Jennifer: If your photo is on your computer, you push browse, it will bring up various places on your computer - go to the place that has the pic and click on the pic which should enable you to "open" it - if you do it correctly, you will then automatically see the address in the "attach" box.

Like this:

td

• td
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2003, 03:55:01 PM »

Sometimes that works, BK - sometimes it doesn't. . . :'(

All Dear Reader should also remember that their attachments may not be larger than 200  kb. . .

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2003, 04:03:56 PM »

I wasn't going to post this, but I decided to anyway.  I was surfing around the 'net today, and through some unseemly way (which shall remain unseemly) I stumbled upon an on-line journal.  There was an entry as to whether or not the writer should purchase BK's new CD, and someone had commented that he needn't bother because it was trite and just another excuse for BK to produce a CD. Something like, This man will do anything to produce a CD...  I can't quote directly, but it wasn't very nice.   There... it's posted.    :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2003, 04:13:42 PM »

It's funny, Matthew, but the minute I read your post above I knew exactly where to go to see the post you reference.  Easy as pie when certain types register here at haineshisway.com.

As to the comment, no it's not very nice and not only that it is rather stupid, but predictable - not easy to pass judgment on a CD you haven't heard.  And how far do I need to go to produce a CD?  Not very far - about ten minutes from here.  Well, I did have to go to NY, too, to do the vocals.  I'll produce any CD that's fun and interesting, which is more than I can say for some people in the recording industry.  But, pay it no mind - once you know the history a bit you'll understand the negativity all too well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2003, 04:15:35 PM »

Oh, let me add:

François

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2003, 04:21:26 PM »

Gee, DR td, i can do a pretty "mean" Fifi d'Orsay!

Besides, my workplace is only 3 blocks from the Musée d'Orsay, so.....call me François d'Orsay anytime!

Wow! Behind smiling BK hugging smiling lady -- a NEW one!! My! talk about an Homme Fatal! -- there's a poster from an old French movie starring a famous French comedian, FERNANDEL, whose son was in the revival of IRMA LA DOUCE here in the sixties!
No! The son did not play IRMA, but I'm sure he could do a "mean" Fifi d'Orsay now too.

"Small World, Isn't It?"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2003, 04:27:56 PM »

The lady I'm hugging is the one and only Tura Satana - she of Faster, Pussycat, Kill, Kill.  She also plays a hooker in the film version of Irma La Douce.

Since I haven't mentioned it yet, even though it looks like we're way down from the last three days, post-wise, we have rarely had a Saturday with this many posts, so I'm entirely jiggy, oh, yes, I'm entirely jiggy.  That said, let us not rest on our laurels or even our hardys, let us keep up our posting ways, for it is not even evening yet.

And I really must give a big thank you to dear reader Joy for the smilie site - I used to hate them until I saw the ones available there.

François

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2003, 05:00:25 PM »

Well.... so many IRMA connections tonight, hey?

Now, you've told us BK, I do remember her in the film...

"Faster, pussycat! Kill, kill!"..... sounds like a nasty sentence to me

td

• td
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2003, 05:03:12 PM »

Swishy. I try to dance like the wind, but, without you, it's impossible!  Maybe I should dance to "Dis Donc!"

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2003, 05:06:54 PM »

Is anything here?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2003, 05:07:49 PM »

Gee!  That's the first time anything has ever worked that didn't have to be shrunk to a quarter its size!

Woo-Hoo!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2003, 05:12:16 PM »

Something a bit larger?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2003, 05:13:12 PM »

AWESOME!

This totally did not work for me yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What fun!  What fun!!!

Jason

« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2003, 05:19:56 PM »

Back from working at the Met. Today was Ms. Renee Fleming singing LA TRAVIATA and she was too, too, too diveene.

I'm thinking about the mouse machine thing that certain persons have posted about...I just have to wait to be paid on Thursday.

And now I must run...I'm watching Temple of Doom and Last Crusade tonight! :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2003, 05:34:26 PM »

:-[  So sorry....seemed okay to me.  Well I shall try again.  I am working with PhotoImpression3 which is new to me so I don't know exactly what I'm doing!  LOL....so what else is new?

1964!!!  The rain in spain stays mainly in the plain!  I think she's got it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2003, 05:36:29 PM »

My original photo was 91.9 KB so it must have been because it was wide! LOL.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up