Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT IF I WROTE A NEW WHAT IF?  (Read 2596 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WHAT IF I WROTE A NEW WHAT IF?
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »

Don't think I'll jog till much later in the afternoon/early evening, when it's cooler.

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2015, 02:03:45 PM »

Good news, DR Ginny!

I'm hoping so, DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »

DR slingshot, are you going to picket the offices of big gamer dentist Walter Palmer?  The scumbag should be in prison.

I agree, if he's guilty. And by his comments, he is.

I still don't get the "hunting for sport" mentality.  There was an episode of "Northern Exposure" where John Cullum's character wanted to go hunting, and maybe his very young wife didn't want him to kill any animals (that's the part I don't remember), but he ended up putting a camera on his gun stock and was able to "shoot" his animals by taking pictures.  I do remember that it was a great episode.  That's what everyone should do...just take pictures!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »

Private listings are a common practice in communities where real estate prices are very high.  This prevents the realtors from dealing with "window shoppers"...folks who want to look but can't afford to buy.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2015, 04:35:20 PM »

I do believe my printer is working again.  that's one worry off my back.

May it continue to work!!!

KevinH

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2015, 04:36:26 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Healthy Vibes to DRs TCB, DanM, Cillaliz, vixmom, Jeanne, Michael Shayne, and families of DRs Laura, vixmom, and others!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From me too.  Hope you don't mind my "borrowing" your post, DR elmore!

KevinH

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2015, 04:36:43 PM »

And vibes for DR elmore!

Jane

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »

DR slingshot, are you going to picket the offices of big gamer dentist Walter Palmer?  The scumbag should be in prison.

I agree, if he's guilty. And by his comments, he is.

I still don't get the "hunting for sport" mentality.  There was an episode of "Northern Exposure" where John Cullum's character wanted to go hunting, and maybe his very young wife didn't want him to kill any animals (that's the part I don't remember), but he ended up putting a camera on his gun stock and was able to "shoot" his animals by taking pictures.  I do remember that it was a great episode.  That's what everyone should do...just take pictures!

I do not understand the mentality of hunting for trophies.  There are people dying the husks of elephants so the ivory hunters will leave the elephants alone.  It is sad to see them that way but at least they are alive.

KevinH

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2015, 04:39:54 PM »

TOD:   Canada Dry Ginger Ale, pretzels, fritos

Jane

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2015, 04:47:26 PM »

Private listings are a common practice in communities where real estate prices are very high.  This prevents the realtors from dealing with "window shoppers"...folks who want to look but can't afford to buy.

The realtor we used talked about what she did to be sure anyone looking at our home was qualified to buy.  High end home or not you don't want people wasting your time or just browsing.  We were surprised to see an open house at the condo two floors above us.  You want a realtor open house but I don't believe too many people buy something at an open house.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2015, 04:49:00 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Healthy Vibes to DRs TCB, DanM, Cillaliz, vixmom, Jeanne, Michael Shayne, and families of DRs Laura, vixmom, and others!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From me too.  Hope you don't mind my "borrowing" your post, DR elmore!

Not in the least, DR Kevin H!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »

While I was typing the last post I had to take a break when a cherry tomato got stuck in my throat.  Poor Keith.  I was rather scared and barely getting any air.  I was rather vocal about it and wanted him next to me, just in case.  Neither of us have ever done the Heimlich maneuver and I wasn't sure he could do it if it came to that.  I was pretty close to asking him.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2015, 04:51:58 PM »

Canada Dry sounds good right now and I wish I had some.  Fritos, as much as I enjoy them, would likely hurt.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »

I really don't eat Fritos anymore.

George

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »

While I was typing the last post I had to take a break when a cherry tomato got stuck in my throat.  Poor Keith.  I was rather scared and barely getting any air.  I was rather vocal about it and wanted him next to me, just in case.  Neither of us have ever done the Heimlich maneuver and I wasn't sure he could do it if it came to that.  I was pretty close to asking him.

Yikes!!  Glad everything seems to be okay!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2015, 05:01:06 PM »

It hurts to swallow now.  I think I will have some ice cream tonight.

George

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2015, 05:02:49 PM »

Canada Dry sounds good right now and I wish I had some.  Fritos, as much as I enjoy them, would likely hurt.

Mmm...Fritos. :) Now that you've both mentioned them, I think I might need to go to our staff room and get some from the machine that dispenses such products.  I haven't had any in a while and I do like them.

George

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »

That's a good reason not to have them, Jane...and a good reason TO have ice cream! :D

Jane

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2015, 05:09:22 PM »

That's a good reason not to have them, Jane...and a good reason TO have ice cream! :D

The avocado in the salad I was eating is also soothing.  I save some for the end, after I ate the carrots.  I also only took one tomato at a time and made sure to bite into it.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2015, 05:10:47 PM »

I was eating at my new desk and need to find a more comfortable position.  I also one of those clear floor things for my desk chair so I can glide over the carpet.

George

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2015, 05:13:08 PM »

Well, this is really cool...Oh the horror! Film shooting in southeast Olympia.  The female director (who also starred in it) graduated from Olympia High School and wanted to make a horror movie that could appeal to other female horror movie fans.  They just finished filming last week here in Olympia, Centralia and Tacoma, and it sounds like a movie to watch out for. 

George

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2015, 05:13:18 PM »

HOWEVER...

George

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »

What brought me to that article was that I just read another article about someone who turned out to be one of the actors in that locally filmed horror movie:  Fugitive’s role in horror film leads to arrest in Olympia! :o

Evidently, one of the actors ("who was well-liked by the cast and crew") skipped out on his probation after being sentenced to 117 months for armed robbery.  He was recognized after the above article was in the local paper.

George

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2015, 05:14:26 PM »

So, the tip of the day is don't make a movie when there's a warrant out for your arrest.

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »

Yikes, DR Jane, I'm glad you're OK!  When my book group was here last week one of the ladies had that happen with an almond.  I almost had to call Paramedic Rob, but she was able to cough it up.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »

I was eating at my new desk and need to find a more comfortable position.  I also one of those clear floor things for my desk chair so I can glide over the carpet.

I just bought one of those at Staples so my chair can glide over the edge of an area rug onto the wood floor under my desk.  It's working beautifully!

George

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2015, 05:26:35 PM »

I just bought one of those at Staples so my chair can glide over the edge of an area rug onto the wood floor under my desk.  It's working beautifully!

I have one at work and it's great.

George

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2015, 05:38:58 PM »

Well, I just got a call from my mom inviting me to dinner because my sister and niece are going over there for dinner.  So, I'm off to my parents' house.

Have a good rest of the evening, all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2015, 06:40:30 PM »

Page three?  Really?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2015, 07:30:37 PM »

I'm having a nice glass of Caymus Cab right now. Ready to relax and enjoy it. And maybe another after that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up