Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SOMETHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT  (Read 14416 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:SOMETHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2004, 05:45:27 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR DAN-IN-TORONTO  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2004, 05:49:16 PM »

Happy birthday Dear Reader Dan-in-Toronto!!

Vibes for Dear Reader Michael. ~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to do a presentation in my first class tomorrow. All I need to do is figure out what my presentation is going to be about, and I'm all set.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2004, 05:52:21 PM »

That's "gorgeous"?  To each his own, dear woman.  Of course, you used the word "fan" and Jimmy Kimmel (no relation) in the same sentence, so there you are.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2004, 05:52:30 PM »

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2004, 05:53:31 PM »

Chat in a mere seven minutes.  It's going to be wild and wooly, that's all I can tell you.  It's going to be no holds barred, that's all I can tell you.  The fur is going to fly, that's all I can tell you.  Nothing will be held back, that's all I can tell you.

Danise

« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2004, 05:54:19 PM »

I’m tired tonight but I got a lot done.  Not everything but most of it.

After calling around about having the tree in the back yard taken down (and almost passing out at prices I was quoted) I decided to hire the company, Bear & Danise’s Tree Service.  It was explained to me that Danise doesn’t do anything without her supervisor, Bear, there to oversee her work.

They arrived promptly and Bear dug himself a hole to supervise from.  He also grabbed some of the branches and ran with them, then also tried to provide the chipper/shredder by chewing on them.  

Not everything was done but one whole limb is down and cut into lengths that the garbage men will take.  I will take pity on them and buy a chain saw to use next weekend to finish everything up.  Trying to everything with a hand saw is rough work.

I'm a Harrison Ford fan, so of course I know and liked The Frisco Kid.   I understand that John Wayne turned the part down.    Hanover Street  is another one of Mr. Fords movies that I think is underrated.  

The only movie he made that I can't stand is The Mosquito Coast.  I read the book as well but really had to force myself to finish it.

Thank you for the offer of the video tape, TD,  but I think I have it someplace.  Taped from the TV of course but I was hoping for a DVD.  I went to E-bay and saw one.  Not sure how legal of a copy it is.

Glad you like the photo, DR Elmore and DR Jrand.  It’s the one from the Empire State Building cropped down.    I have some ideas to dress it up but am to tired right now to do anything with it.

I made a new recipe for dinner tonight.  Mom really liked it.

Harvest Pork Roast with Gravy

3 lb pork boneless shoulder roast
1 Pkg (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms, cut in half
1 jar (12 oz) home-style pork gravy
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste with Italian seasonings

1.  Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.  If pork roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove.  Cook pork in skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.

2.  Spray 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.  Place pork in cooker.  Arrange mushrooms and onion around pork.  Mix gravy and tomato past in small bowl; pour over pork and vegetables.

3.  Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.

4.  Place pork on cutting board, remove netting or strings.  Stir gravy in cooker, serve with pork.  

Now I didn’t do a lot of the above.  First, I salted and peppered my pork roast.  I did not put it in the skillet; I just put it in the cooker.  I also put 2 sweet potatoes in with it so they would cook in the gravy juice.  I also put it in at about 250 degrees from about 11:00 AM.  By the time we ate it at about 5, it was so tender, I could “cut” it off the bone with a spoon.  

Thanks for the congrats on the T-Shirt, Jane.  I don’t think the design is that great but it did fit in with events around the walk.  

Hope you feel better, Panni.  I’m saving my pomegranate for next Friday night because I know how I’ll feel the next day.  Can’t help it.  I love’em.  

TCB!  I’m so glad to see you have returned to us.  I wish could have looked at your computer for you.  I’m somewhat good with them.  I spent all of last Sunday at my friends house helping her with hers.  She likes to cook and has a program that she has put hundreds (no joke) of recipes in.  She bought a new computer but couldn’t figure out how to get it to accept what she had backed up.  She had the same problem with Quicken.

She hired a guy to come out (and he had the nerve to charge her forty dollars an hour!) but he couldn’t get either program to work.  Not to brag but I got both up and running WITH all of the old data from the old computer.  I also got her printer to work (the guy downloaded the wrong driver).    

Tom, so glad to see your back as well!  A report, we want a DETAILED report!  I heard you walked out on Woman in White!    

Ann, tell Jed to hang in there!  He WILL get the job.  

Joey, I’m sure it is possible to cut out the dialogue but it would take the right software program to do it.   I've never tried to do that but I think Easy CD Creator might be able to help.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2004, 05:54:38 PM »

Our beautiful weather is gone and we have had rain.  I did get a break in the rain during my morning walk with Echo, the sun was shining and there was a beautiful rainbow.  There is even a little snow on the mountains, contrasting the autumn colors-very pretty.

As we drove down our one way road this afternoon we were surprised to find our neighbor using his power saw on a tree that had fallen in the road.  Another lucky break for us he had found it before us.  Keith helped him move the broken limbs off the road and we were just in time to see GARDEN STATE.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2004, 05:56:11 PM »

Chat in a mere three minutes. It's going to be raucous and rowdy, that's all I can tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2004, 05:57:26 PM »

Chat in a mere two minutes - it's going to be randy and ribald, that's all I can tell you.  Spades will be called spades, that's all I can tell you.  Clubs may even be called clubs, that's all I can tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2004, 05:58:37 PM »

Chat in a mere minute - in fact, chat now, the fershluganah room is OPEN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2004, 06:02:12 PM »

People, the room is open.  Noel and I are there.  The fur is flying.  

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2004, 06:06:16 PM »

This might be a bit closer to the Eric Benet "hunk" that Panni saw today at the GAP.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 06:06:43 PM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2004, 06:13:58 PM »

I'll say it again - if that's "gorgeous" then I don't know what.  Cary Grant is gorgeous.  This guy skeeves me.  Chat is wild and wooly, that's all I can tell you.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2004, 06:25:20 PM »

We have a small but ribald group in what may be our final Unseemly Live Chat for a few months.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2004, 06:42:36 PM »

Welcome eight GUESTS.  We're chatting and it's all quite ribald and randy.  I've left, but the room is still open for a while longer.

Danise

« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2004, 06:45:28 PM »

We have a small but ribald group in what may be our final Unseemly Live Chat for a few months.

Why?  The holidays?

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2004, 06:46:54 PM »

Danise-LOL regarding your tree service.  I do admire you for doing the work yourself.  To bad you don’t live closer to us, our neighbors are always looking for firewood.  

I’m guessing Eric Benet looks better in person. :-\

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2004, 06:50:12 PM »

DW Joy would only eat the pair on the left.  Any amount of brown spots make a banana "overripe" to her.

Please keep me updated on the progress of the Benet/Panni romance
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2004, 06:53:58 PM »

I agree with Joy.  :)

I'm tired.  It took me three times to get this little post correct.  ;D  Goodnight.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 06:55:45 PM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2004, 07:03:43 PM »

Thank you, DRMBarnum for the phone call.  I remember saying this morning I would be E&T from Chat tonight because of a reading, but I'm starting to feel no one's taking my comments seriously.

As far as Chat goes, I really love it, and I'm ecstatic to be back on the site, but I wish Chat would go to Monday at 6 because Monday is a television wasteland, but 6 pm Chat on Sunday interferes with the East coast DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, and I'm not certain I want to give it up for Chat.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2004, 07:55:27 PM »

Something very quick:

It looks like we've found Zeus, our foster-puppy, a home.

We'll confirm tomorrow.

But der Brucer and I ahve ahd a coup-le foo many drinks in the process, so I'm not positn g any more tn oite.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2004, 08:21:01 PM »

I agree with BK...Benet doesn't make it as "gorgeous" to me.

Now BK's landlord...James Marsden...THAT'S GORGEOUS!

It must gall a lot of other "pretty" faces that he has talent, too....acting, and singing.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2004, 08:22:11 PM »

Wasn't Eric Benet arrested for beating Halle Berry at one point?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2004, 08:25:12 PM »

Earlier today, bk wrote:

"And since it's a Paramount film, and they have no interest in releasing their soundtracks, it is doubtful we'll have have one."

Of course, there was a soundtrack to Paramount's FUNNY FACE (it was on Verve; I have it, and I'm sure other DRs do also), and, of course, LI'L ABNER on Columbia.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2004, 08:26:17 PM »

We'll have to wait for Eric Benet's new squeeze, Panni, to tell us all about it when she gets home from Jimmy Kimmel (no relation) or whomever she went to see with Jimmy's sidekick.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2004, 08:26:58 PM »

SOMETHING'S AFOOT opened much better than it had any right to do. After the most chaotic and disorganized rehearsal period I have ever encountered in over forty years of appearing on stage, somehow people got their acts together, and we had a show. Not great but nevertheless a show.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2004, 08:27:25 PM »

I, too, send best wishes to DR Michael Shayne for a speedy recovery.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2004, 08:33:54 PM »

Atalnta baseball player David Justice, Berry's first hubby, I think, was the one who supposedly beat her.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2004, 08:34:34 PM »

Glad the show was okay, which is more than I can say for the DVD I'm watching (I should have known better): Mulholland Falls.  I saw it when it came out and hated every minute of it, but I thought I'd give it another chance.  Aside from the decors of Richard Sylbert (who also plays a small role!) and the wonderful Dave Grusin score, it's as bad as I remembered.  No sympathetic characters, Jennifer Connoly's ridiculously overripe bosoms (she clearly had a boob job before this film, and sometime soon thereafter, she undid it), Melanie Griffith's overripe bosoms and lips (all fake - too bad -she was so cute before all the work) and a story that just sits there like so much fish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2004, 08:35:07 PM »

Was David Justice brought to justice?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up