Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MOSTLY A DAY OFF  (Read 3085 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: MOSTLY A DAY OFF
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2015, 08:12:09 AM »

Before I go one post too far:

Hey!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2015, 08:12:47 AM »

Page 2
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 08:13:45 AM »

I slept much too well last night.  Much, much too well.  It was a wonderfully cool night...mercifully cool, as far as my condo goes.  No trapped heat despite the outside temp being quite nice.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2015, 08:14:38 AM »

We have a partly cloudy and partially sunny morning going on.  The clouds are quite definable (i.e., definitely not Marine Layer fog).

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I'm off soon to the grocery to stock up before I get really busy for the next several days.  This evening AAUW Middletown is participating in our city's National Night Out event and starting about noon tomorrow I will be in the northern Cincinnati 'burbs for Stampaway USA 2015.  I'm taking several papercrafting classes and, on Saturday, attending the trade show.  I'm only staying overnight on Thursday because I have a late class that day and an early one on Friday morning.  Otherwise, I'll be driving back and forth and sleeping in my own bed.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »

Right now my reading is confined to The Game's Afoot or Holmes for the Holidays by Ken Ludwig....

Yes DR CHAS SMITH he was a most interesting man and had some great ideas for life onstage and offstage.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 08:45:51 AM »

Pretty bird.

I saw it last night while walking home and thought the female swan was looking a bit on the thin side.  This morning we looked at the Blue Heron through the telescope and then at the matching Egret.  As soon as I saw a close-up view I realized my error last night.  Of course if I had seen the female swan last night I would have known there.  I only saw the male.  This morning they were both out with the heron& the egret.

Donald

• So dramatic!
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 09:21:10 AM »

Hello One and All.....You may have noticed there hasn't been a new Broadway Radio Show for the past several weeks -- that's because I was on vacation in Scotland and Spain, but I have now returned and just posted the latest edition of the radio show.  This time we are catching up with 8 new cast recordings released this summer -- Fly By Night, Pageant, Jon & Jen, The King & I, Finding Neverland, Misia, The Scottsboro Boys, and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.  Lots and lots of great music for your listening pleasure.  Enjoy!!!
DONALD FELTHAM
Host of the Broadway Radio Show

Jane

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 09:56:26 AM »

Donald your trip sounds very nice.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 10:14:18 AM »

Hey, everyone!

TOD: Just read "The Girl With All the Gifts" by Mike Carey. It's a zombie-apocalypse book, which is not normally my genre of preference, but Carey's one of my favorite writers, and he quite ingeniously blends the genre elements with a retelling of a Greek myth (I don't want to say which one, although the title might give it away) and his own quite excellent character writing. It's also being made into a British movie featuring Glen Close. His graphic novel series, "The Unwritten," is also quite excellent.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 10:27:38 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I think I got eight hours of sleep, maybe a bit more.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 10:32:32 AM »

Hey, everyone!

TOD: Just read "The Girl With All the Gifts" by Mike Carey. It's a zombie-apocalypse book, which is not normally my genre of preference, but Carey's one of my favorite writers, and he quite ingeniously blends the genre elements with a retelling of a Greek myth (I don't want to say which one, although the title might give it away) and his own quite excellent character writing. It's also being made into a British movie featuring Glen Close. His graphic novel series, "The Unwritten," is also quite excellent.

I just added it to my Washington eBook wish list which I will get to one day.

DR Jennifer is this something you would read?

Jane

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2015, 10:35:48 AM »

I am 21 books behind my goal to read 140 books for the year.  140 books should be nothing to me, boy has my life changed this year :)

Next year I will challenge myself to only read the number of books I read this year.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2015, 11:32:24 AM »

I used to read like that, Jane. Wish I could now, but that's for the future.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »

Apparently I no longer read like that-lol.  I can't seem to speed read either.  On the upside I am sleeping better most of the time.  Mostly I'm just busy doing other things. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2015, 11:43:57 AM »

I have begun reading Schulberg's What Makes Sammy Run?, which I've wanted to read for ages, since I once worked for a person in the recording industry who  could be the model for Sammy Glick.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »

I had a nice trip and visit with friends at the NYPL.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 12:10:20 PM »

I've started that one one on a couple of occasions, DR Elmore, and never stuck with it for some reason.  I'm pretty sure that wasn't any fault of the book's.  Looking forward to your report.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »

I never keep track on the number of posts.  I really missed 35,000 yesterday.

DR George, I didn't thank you for preserving the occasion.  I'm sorry.

Thank you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »

I never keep track on the number of posts.  I really missed 35,000 yesterday.

DR George, I didn't thank you for preserving the occasion.  I'm sorry.

Thank you.

It was my pleasure! :D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:47:28 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 12:46:21 PM »

Hey, everyone!

My library has as an e-book download, so I went ahead and placed a hold.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 01:10:40 PM »

Welcome back to BROADWAY DONALD....a new recording of 7Bfor7B? 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 01:15:32 PM »

Does anyone here play Trivia Crack?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 01:17:27 PM »

I am pretty busy today, but I'm pausing for a meal break.   Salisbury Steak w/Mac and Cheese.  Really, it's a spiraled pasta and cheese.  It's a Boston Markets frozen lunch.  It's filling if not nutritious.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2015, 01:20:30 PM »

Last night, I had some breaded/fried pork medallions, fried okra and fresh tomatoes.   I LOVE SUMMER!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2015, 01:23:52 PM »

Lay's Potato Chips - 4 newest flavors

Anyone tried them?

I've had the Southern Biscuits & Gravy:  Pretty darned tasty
I've had the Greektown Gyro:  Not so much.
And I'm currently tasting the New York Reuben -- Yum!
& the West Coast Truffle Fries -- Interesting, but I've never had the actual truffle fries so I don't know how it compares.

Anyone tried 'em/have any preferences?

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »

Hey, everyone!

The goodreads blurb sounds interesting. But they don't mention anything about zombies, which i really dislike.

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2015, 01:26:59 PM »

I am 21 books behind my goal to read 140 books for the year.  140 books should be nothing to me, boy has my life changed this year :)

Next year I will challenge myself to only read the number of books I read this year.

I always set my goal lower, then increase it if i am reading a lot. You could adjust your goal now if you don't think you can read 140 books.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2015, 01:28:04 PM »

I tawt I taw a puddy tat?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

I did!  I did taw a puddy tat!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up