Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AZOOLAPALLOL  (Read 21423 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
AZOOLAPALLOL
« on: October 22, 2004, 12:05:41 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know their strange meaning, and now it is time for you to post until the azoolapallol cows come home.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 11:59:55 PM by bk »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:AZOOLAPALLOL
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 12:19:06 AM »

I had an azoolapool time on the sofa -- where I fell asleep. I did not lie earlier when I said I was TIRED. I had no intention of falling asleep - but I Id. ...That's funny. "I Id." I meant to say "I Ego." ...Or perhaps "I did." Woke up in the middle of Charlie Rose. Not the person. The show. Waking up in the middle of the person would have been messy. Anyway, he was interviewing Dustin H. and Lilly Tomlin about "I (Heart) Huckabees". I'm intrigued. Might go see it if I have a minute. Unless it's longer than a minute....

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 12:20:56 AM »

Now I'm all rested and ready to do things. Except it's 12:30 AM.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 01:01:23 AM »

DVDs: I'm still working my way through the Diana Rigg Avengers.  Sixteen discs is a lot to work through.

And I've got to decide on what CDs to take with us later today as we head over to ladsit.  Because der B and I will be ladsitting his grandlads, and we will all be carving pumpkins.

Frankly, it seems a little early to be carving pumpkins; I'd be worried about their drying out and becoming a potential fire hazard.  However, der B's daughter puts one of those lightsticks, the kind you snap and shake and they last for hours, in each pumpkin.  Since they come in all sorts of colors, the pumpkins can glow with all sorts of colors, too.  Neat idea.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 01:19:15 AM »

Well, currently in my DVD is NAKED SPACE aka THE CREATURE WASN'T NICE. The Lovely Wife is currently dancing around the room to I WANT TO EAT YOUR FACE...She's replaying it now.  BK, who is the singing voice of the Creature?  Is't you doing a Vegasy kind of style.  I also like you and Ms. Williams dance routine at the end.  Best line:  "Remember, there's strength in numbers."  "Oh...two...six...eight..."

More DVDs will be some KEEN EDDIE and probably NIGHT OF THE DEMON (British longer versionof CURSE OF THE DEMON)

In the CD player:  Vaughn Monroe:  Essential Gold

The Lovely Wife is playing "I want to eat your face" yet again.  I must go and stop her now and put us both to bed.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 01:20:19 AM »

Oh, God, she's got the damned thing almost memorized...I'll be hearing for the next three or four days!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 03:03:41 AM »

LOL.....DRCHARLESPOGUE - i had the same reaction to NAKED SPACE.  I love the musical numbers.  And the song and dance ....  ;D !!

Happy Birthday to our new Message Board!!   :o

In my DVD player:  Les uns et les autres.  I know I promised to watch something else this week, but I keep finding new things in this one.

In my CD player: AIDA original Broadway Cast.

In my VCR: Last night's PBS Broadway episode.  I love seeing excerpts from shows, but I like seeing whole songs and this "history" was interesting to me in part, but I don't know if I am going to buy the set or not.  Still considering....hmmmmmmmm   :D

On the phono:  Soundtrack LP from 'you know what.'

I hope DR JOSE is surviving his 10/12's!!  :P

And now:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISS ANNETTE JOANNE FUNICELLO GILARDI HOLT!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 03:04:29 AM »

Don't you love hairstyles that are TOO BIG to get into the picture?

Danise

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 03:40:25 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
[size=10]
Happy, Happy, Happy, Birthday, Dear HHW Board!!!!!![/size][/move]

Funny how some things never change....

Strange how many changes we have all been through in this past year!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 03:42:05 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 04:41:40 AM »

Good morning, all!  I was having dreams about a demented music copyist becoming a bus driver and making my life hell; I'm so glad my alarm went off.

Dear Friend BK and all, best wishes on your anniversary!  I never would have guessed last August, when Liz Callaway told me about Bruce's website, that such a passing reference in a catching-up session would have such a huge resonance on my existence, and that people I may never meet face to face could become such support, colleagues and friends.

This morning I have my medical clearance for next week's "procedure," and then I have to do some work on TAN MANHATTAN for the Chicago Humanities Festival in two weeks.  Yesterday, we had a good meeting with Mr Andre deShields, directing this production/concert, to work Act Two fixes, and I think his ideas for this event are quite wonderful.

After that, the realities of housekeeping and two loads of laundry.  Heigh ho, the glamorous life!

As usual, my media alert is wide open, still waiting decisions on the fly.  The only thing (in)definite is VANITY FAIR part 2 from Netflix, which should have arrived yesterday and didn't.

The only thing constant in my CD player is HAINES HIS WAY, which cheered me no end during July and August:  beyond my fave, "Here You Come Again," there are so many tracks that cheer me up and impress me with Mr Haines' excellent pitch and charming way of turning a phrase, not to mention his bevy of guest stars.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 04:42:16 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

beckon

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 05:20:18 AM »

MEDIA CHECK

CD - Bombay Dreams (a guilty pleasure), Broadway Musicals Of 1940

Cassette - From Where I Stand (Studio Cast), Moscow (OC)

VCR - PBS Broadway Musical documentary
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 05:21:26 AM by beckon »
A bell is no bell til you ring it
A song is no song til you sing it
And love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
Love isn't love til you give it away

Oscar Hammerstein II

beckon

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 05:22:22 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HHW MESSAGE BOARD!

One (singular sensation) year old!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 05:23:17 AM by beckon »
A bell is no bell til you ring it
A song is no song til you sing it
And love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
Love isn't love til you give it away

Oscar Hammerstein II

Ben

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 05:27:45 AM »

Hoo and Ray, my term of overtime at the office is over. We finished a day early, by The Skin of Our Teeth (a Thornton Wilder reference). I got a call last night around 6pm from my boss saying there was no need to come in at 6am since there was nothing on the shelf. The money was nice but after a while it becomes meaningless.

We have the PBS Broadway special to watch this weekend and nothing else planned. We do have to do some shopping since there is little to eat in the apartment. Oh, to be rich and famous and just wander into the Four Seasons every night for dinner and have them put it on my bill which my accountant would pay!

At work I am listening to an LP to CD transfer of one of my favorite movie musicals, Scrooge, starring Albert Finney. I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it. I had a cassette copy and the LP of the score. Our very generous friend who allows us to use his equipment, had Anthony over on Wednesday. He burned Oliver (the movie), Scrooge, Mae West's Christmas album (a real hoot for those into such things), a wonderful Sophie Tucker compilation and a record set we have of early Victor Herbert work, mostly operettas and the like.

I look forward to a full weekend of nothing to do. It's almost November and at the end of that month I begin my month-long vacation from work. 20 vacation days sit unused and I must take them or lose them, naturally, I'll take them during the entire month of December. Part of that time will be spent doing the usual volunteering with Broadway Cares making the gift bags for PWAs and the rest of the time will be on Long Island partaking of Christmas and holiday cheer.

Kerry

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 06:12:02 AM »

Thank you for the nice reception yesterday.  The tea and cucumber sandwiches were wonderful.   And that cake!  But don't geet me started on cake.

I'm flying to Denver this morning to visit two dear friends--one of whom has lung cancer in the very serious stages.  I can't afford the trip or to take the time from work, but the timimg as far as everything else goes was right, so I'm doing it.  I'd much rather fly up now and see him for real then let it get put off and fly up there to see a box instead.  I don't mean tha as callously as it sounds.

While brushing my teeth thismorning, for some reason I thought of the Beverly Hillbillies episode where they were making a movie and Nancy Kulp as Miss Jane Hathaway was the stand-in for Joi Lansing.  Jethro saw Miss Jane and thought the lights  were so hot that they had melted Joi Lansing.  It made me laugh---which is a great way to start the day.
For those of you who don't know what I just said, have Michael Barnum explain it to you.

Love to you all.   I'm going to see if I time to listen to Diana Dors sing "Rolller Coaster Blues" before I have to fly away.  Geez--- talk about a sexy song--even in this day and age.  I like her version much better than the one by Anita Elllis.   Anyone know if a man ever recorded it?
I like boat races.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 06:16:39 AM »

Good morning!!!  

Media Check -

CD - Tanz de Vampire (I accidently found this THING at Tower and had to purchase, I kinda wish I hadn't, but it has the late Steve Barton, so that's worth  having)

DVD - nothing
VCR - nothing
iPod - EVERYTHING, hard to narrow these Friday media checks down since the invention of the iPod!!

William E. Lurie

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 06:31:25 AM »

BK - I agree with everything you said about "The Stepford Wives" except that instead of getting mad I enjoyed it like all truly so-bad-it's-good  films.  A real golden turkey!

JRand - Any word on how Annette is doing?  I hope they are at least keeping her comfortable.

Media Check:
DVD - The last of the extras on "Broadway: The American Musical"
CD - The 5 CD set of "Broadway: The American Musical"
Book - The companion volume to "Broadway: The American Musical" which covers a lot of what the television series did not have time for.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2004, 06:31:28 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]@ * @ * @  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO HHW!  @ * @ * @[/move]

Media Check

CD Player (at home):  Donavan's Greatest Hits -- Oh, No!  Must be the season of the witch, yeah!

CD Player (at work):  Nothing.  But I tried to listen to a copy of Brooklyn, The Muscial.  Dreck of the worst kind.  I can't even finish it.

DVD Player:  Nothing yet.  But tonight I'm planning to watch one or two fo the cheapy horror DVD's I picked up at Target for $1.00 each.  I highly doubt that I'll be seeing remastered versions of the films, but you get what you pay for.

VHS:  Also nothing yet.  But last weekend I came across two boxes full of used,  unmarked tapes.  My #1 project this weekend is to go through and see what exactly on these tapes.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 06:44:16 AM »

A very Happy Birthday to Annette Funicello!

Her hair-do is still BIG!  It's the pictures that got small!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 06:55:33 AM »

A very happy anniversary to this here board.

Media Check:
Cassette/Car:  A mix tape that I must have made in 1980, for there is no song that was written after that year on it.
Office:  Still listening to AOL Radio.
VCR #1: PBS/Broadway
VCR #2 (sorta kinda figured out how to tape, but only as if one watches the same channel at the same time.):  Survivor/Apprentice for the Dear Partner.
DVD: Empty

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 06:56:50 AM »

Yes. I found the original Star Wars mindless, silly fun, which is all it was ever intended to be.  Would that all the films that followed in its wake kept to that same intention.

My musical Area 51 lampoons sci-fi, so I just looked up a typical "rule" explanation: "We've got to evacuate - The tapioca maker in The Cave has gone ker-flewee!  It's made eighty tons of tapioca and it's coming this way!"

Shades of Sleeper, I know.  But then, that would be another sci-fi film I like.  Or would it?

At long last in my CD player: DR Ben's bits on Broadway for Welsh radio.  Most amusing, and, at this date, already faintly nostalgic.  I enjoyed.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 06:59:09 AM »

I tried to listen to a copy of Brooklyn, The Muscial.  Dreck of the worst kind.  I can't even finish it.

You're being significantly kinder than the reviews this morning.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

MBarnum

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 07:15:27 AM »

Ok, Ok, I actually enjoyed the new Stepford Wives! LOL! I thought it was pretty funny...but you know what they say about horse races!  :D

And a big happy anniversary to our new board...I must say that I enjoyed the change...having pictures of us all makes it much cozier and you feel like you really are getting to know everybody!

And a hugh happy birthday to dear Annette F. What a sweetie. I hope she is doing well.

MBarnum

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 07:16:48 AM »

Media Check:

CD: Best of Andrea True Connection

VHS: Taped off of TCM this week EASY TO LOVE and BAND WAGON

DVD: Episodes of GREG THE BUNNY; and a 1932 mystery MIDNIGHT WARNING

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 07:22:57 AM »

Happy Anniversary to this new board!

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2004, 07:24:05 AM »

CD: Best of Andrea True Connection

Did she actually have another song beside "More, More, More?"

MBarnum

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2004, 07:31:34 AM »

Did she actually have another song beside "More, More, More?"

Well, no other hits! LOL! But it is a fun album...all disco of course and for just $7.98.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2004, 08:14:27 AM »

We had a lovely half-day of rain yesterday. Today the skies are sunny and blue.

Happy Anniversary to our swell new message board -- the swellest place on the internet!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2004, 08:18:11 AM »

DR WEL & MBARNUM- Miss Annette's health is rather precarious these days, but she and her family do not discuss it.

She is confined to a wheelchair but she has a great support system in her family and friends.  She talks by telephone to her mother each day - although Virginia usually also stops by daily.

Thoughts and prayers for her are always appreciated - and some of her favorite memories are of her dancing days.  She has said she misses dancing most of all.

Annette fans still send her cards and letters and emails, and she has a foundation that is active in MS Research.   She maintains a positive attitude!

"Why? Because we like you!"  M- O - U - S - eeeeeeee!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 08:18:51 AM by JRand54 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2004, 08:19:18 AM »

Ettenna is ANNETTE spelled backwards!

MBarnum

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2004, 09:00:34 AM »

I might pop in my DVD of PAJAMA PARTY in honor of Annette's day!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up