Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WANING DAYS OF OCTOBER  (Read 17013 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE WANING DAYS OF OCTOBER
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2004, 09:14:19 PM »

Just finished watching a couple of old game shows that I taped off of the GAME SHOW NETWORK last night. The shows were THE NAMES THE SAME and WHAT'S MY LINE. I keep forgetting to watch these shows now that they are on the wee hours of the night (used to be on Sunday evenings and I would watch whilst ironing my clothes for the work week).

You know they had such wonderfully witty and smart panelists on some of these old game shows...and I must say that John Daily, of WHAT'S MY LINE, is my all time favorite host...he amazes me sometimes!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2004, 09:18:43 PM »

Simple basting sauce for grilled pork chops (could be used on chicken)

3 parts molasses
3 parts dark mustard
1 part Worcestershire

(3 parts bourbon added would be nice, too!)

(But limit yourself to Tablespoons and teaspoons, because a little goes a long way.  And remember, three teaspoons per Tablespoon.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2004, 09:20:50 PM »

You know they had such wonderfully witty and smart panelists on some of these old game shows...and I must say that John Daily, of WHAT'S MY LINE, is my all time favorite host...he amazes me sometimes!
The good old days, when someone could be a panelist on a game show without plugging some product.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2004, 09:39:05 PM »

To make life even more interesting, der B has been given an alert: there are a couple of pugs that need rescuing, perhaps in the next couple of days.

That's just what I need: a pair of pop-eyed pug puppies pooping and peeing where I plan on planting my prancing pedicures.   :P

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2004, 09:40:18 PM »

If I weren't so frail, I'd plotz twice!  Pray God you return safely from your mission!

The Jews are founding missions these days???
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2004, 09:52:19 PM »

Thanks to MBarnum for the timely delivery of a needed DVD.  

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2004, 10:02:25 PM »

The good old days, when someone could be a panelist on a game show without plugging some product.

Well, the panelists were regulars on the show, except there was usually one (on What's My Line, anyhow) who was a "guest panelist" for that week...and they usually had a movie or play they were plugging. The contestants were just regular folk...but there was always a celebrity contestant as well on these shows and they normally had a book, movie, show to plug, it seems. So I don't think things have changed much.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2004, 10:22:48 PM »

Sad to be all alone in the world.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2004, 10:44:03 PM »

Good Evening!

Kind of a rough show tonight for me...  I won't go into the specific detail, but I think it can be summed up in the following question:

Why are the keyboards handled by the props department?

-Sorta-vent over...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 10:44:33 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2004, 10:45:07 PM »

Watching the lunar eclipse was pretty cool.  I wish I had a very good camera that could've taken pictures of it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2004, 10:46:22 PM »

Tonight's episode of Lost was very good.  Our plot doth thicken! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2004, 10:49:33 PM »

...But I'm much better now... Whew!

In any case...  The post-show cabaret was so-so.  It was held in the restaurant that is part of the complex, and from what I could tell, the space is not really well-suited to cabaret performers.  Well, at least singers.  And the pianist - who came with the restaurant so to speak - wasn't really familiar with some of the Broadway repertoire the singers were putting in front of them.  -I wanted to jump a few times during various numbers, or at least start clapping out the proper tempo.  Ah, well... I'm being over-picky, but...

I stayed for about half an hour and then headed back to the hotel.

I did get to see moon just starting to come out of the full eclipse right after the show, and I checked the sky again on my way to the car.  Very neat.

-Oh, and it's another hot and muggy night here in Houston.  I think the radio said it was 87 degrees!  At 10:30PM!!!!  Thankfully, fall is supposed to settle in early next week.  Fingers crossed.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2004, 10:52:27 PM »

Good Evening!

Kind of a rough show tonight for me...  I won't go into the specific detail, but I think it can be summed up in the following question:

Why are the keyboards handled by the props department?

-Sorta-vent over...
Because on a show like Chorus Line they don't have anything better to do?

George

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2004, 10:56:13 PM »

Wussburger time.  Tomorrow at work, we have a staff meeting in the afternoon.  Usually we hold it in our large conference room, but it's being used, so we have to hold our meeting in our staff room.  Not very conducive for  meetings, but it's all we got.  Exciting, ain't it?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2004, 10:56:55 PM »

Because on a show like Chorus Line they don't have anything better to do?

Well, I wish that was the answer... But the Props Department is technically the department here that is responsible for the storage(!) and upkeep of the keyboards here regardless of the show they are doing.  At least that's the impression I'm getting.  So... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2004, 11:34:02 PM »

Whaddup dog?  These have been two of the slowest weekdays in our history.  Where have all the WUSSBURGERS gone?  So many missing in action - Maya, Ann, Jed, Jason, PennyO and more.  Oh, well, we shall have to carry on.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2004, 11:39:19 PM »

I'm here, BK, busily putting off doing my homework. It's almost midnight and I haven't started yet. I'm very good at putting things off.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2004, 11:56:47 PM »

OH!!.....

GO SOX!!!!!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up