Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MY OH SO SENSITIVE SKIN  (Read 15978 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MY OH SO SENSITIVE SKIN
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2004, 10:39:08 AM »

STILL on page one?  This is pitiful.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2004, 10:39:24 AM »

There, there now.  Much better.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2004, 10:40:10 AM »

Nudie Musical goes very well with carving a pumpkin.

Hell, it goes well with anything!  I'm ready to go out trick-or-gin-ning!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

Here I am at 4.45 am - and not much to read!! I thought it was the computer calling me but no, just old age!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2004, 10:55:18 AM »

The two movies that creeped me out the most growing up were HOMOCIDAL which I saw quite by accident on a double bill at the local bijou with something I actually wanted to see and STRAIGHT-JACKET with Joan Crawford that a friend dragged me to against my better judgement.  Sordid, ugly, gratuitious little films that gave me nightmares weeks after.  

I still haven't seen parts of THE FLY.  I close my eyes.   My wife announced last night she wanted to go see SAW.  She did not appreciate my snort of disgust and pronouncement that I had no desire to see this crap.  She'll go see it alone.

Once we got to the point of being too old to trick or treat, a group of my buddies and I used to congregate at a friend's house to hand out the treats.  We all dressed up as various monsters, Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, Mad Scientist...one guy's dad worked for 3m, so he had access to a lot of free masking tape.  He was the Mummy.  I dressed as Igor the Hunchback.  I always got to answer the door.  That was as far as some kids ever got before they turned around.  Scaring the little nose-picking buggers was fun!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2004, 10:59:02 AM »

Scary movies - huh!

JAWS scared me!

Neat costumes Mr MRBARNUM TURTLE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2004, 11:10:40 AM »

I Bury the Living creeped me out as a youngster, as it still does.  Psycho, of course.  And when I was old enough to know better, Repulsion creeped me out big time - a film I still can't watch if I'm alone.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2004, 11:33:42 AM »

Did you visit the Rug Store sites, MrBK?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2004, 11:40:39 AM »

The pumpkin turned out to the be sorriest looking pumpkin ever, at least the movie is entertaiing!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2004, 11:43:13 AM »

Yes, I'm going to visit the one on La Brea on Monday, unless they're open tomorrow.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2004, 11:51:11 AM »

Did anybody else see Brooklyn the musical on the Today show?  I actually liked what I saw.

And I did something interesting with my pumpkin.  I got a pumpkin light bright set at the dollar store.  This is the coolest thing!  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2004, 11:54:18 AM »

Did anybody else see Brooklyn the musical on the Today show?  I actually liked what I saw.

And I did something interesting with my pumpkin.  

I don't know which sentence is more frightening. ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2004, 12:15:19 PM »

::)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2004, 12:24:50 PM »

DRJOEY is correct - we do NOT have to do anything to our clocks....everyone else does, but MOST counties in Indiana just sit there like so much fish.

Arizona also just sits there like so much fish.

When I was little, my mom was really creeped out by Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. She still refuses to read the book because she was scared by the movie.

One year for Halloween, I wanted to be Pippi Longstocking. My mom didn't want me to dye my hair red, so she bought some colored hairspray. Only, it was hot pink instead of reddish orange. I was the weirdest looking Pippi Longstocking ever.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2004, 01:03:12 PM »

Just returned from grocery shopping..and I should really know better then to grocery shop on a Saturday afternoon. I do, as I did today, my major grocery shopping for the month at Winco which is one of those supersized grocery stores. I went to the one on Lancaster Ave in NE Salem which is always very, very busy (and sort of in the white trash part of town). I should have gone to the south Salem Winco, because it is much easier to get in and out of.

I also went to an estate sale. I got there after it had been going for an hour and they still had people lined up outside...this was because they were only letting a few people in at a time. Those standing in line were a bit grumpy...it was a huge house and it really would not have been that difficult to let more people at a time in. I waited in line for just over 30 minutes...went in...bought nothing.  :-\

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2004, 01:04:32 PM »

Ok, now that I have gotten my grumpiness out of my system I shall eat some lunch ...hard boiled eggs, raw veggies, and roasted almonds...and finish watching AAR PAAR.

MBarnum

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2004, 01:05:49 PM »

Oh, BK, I won a Shadow of Your Smile autographed CD on Ebay just now!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2004, 01:36:17 PM »

The actress who's playing Sister Robert Anne in NUNCRACKERS told me she has the BROOKLYN CD with four selections on it (which I understand the producers were using for PR purposes prior to the show opening.) Anyway, she's going to let me borrow it next week. Looking forward to hearing the songs on it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2004, 01:37:26 PM »

Oh, poo, bk, who's quibbling about what George Feltenstein does? The information he had to impart is what interested me and, I assumed, would interest others.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2004, 01:40:19 PM »

GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO TCB AND FOR A GREAT SHOW!

François I admire Julie Andrews for her singing in Diaries II, and for wearing those outfits.

Td congrats on eating proberly.  I gather you are pleased to be a tad thinner.

Right Bruce, I will get up at two in the morning and set my clock back. ;D

JRand a Tuesday Mornings store recently opened near us and I am very disappointed with it.  The ones in Michigan and Portland are far better.  For store locations:
http://www.tuesdaymorning.com

Joey and MBarnum-fun pictures.  Maybe I can find some of myself in past costumes.  

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2004, 01:40:23 PM »

THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL certainly caused me to scream out loud, especially that one shock moment when the girl turns around and that hideous faced-housekeeper is standing there.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2004, 01:44:45 PM »

I still haven't seen parts of THE FLY.  I close my eyes.  

;D I hope you mean the original and not the wonderful remake.

It is the ending of the original that gave me nightmares and the reason I almost didn't missed out on the remake which Keith dragged me to and I enjoyed very much.  

Jane

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2004, 01:50:12 PM »

I enjoyed my break and the first time I had a chance to sit all day.  Back to work.  There really isn't too much left to do today before I walk Echo.

Tomovoz

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2004, 01:53:52 PM »

Your photo for today.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2004, 02:08:21 PM »

Joey and MBarnum-fun pictures.  Maybe I can find some of myself in past costumes.  

I want the one of you in the nurse uniform!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2004, 02:24:01 PM »

Tomovoz I hope you have tons more photos of France.

elmore, I never dressed as a nurse.  I did wear green hospital scrubs a couple of times. ;D

Jane

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2004, 02:24:39 PM »

The last time I went trick or treating I was 18.  You can get away with a lot when you look young.  Unlike Jennifer I didn’t feel the need to disguise myself.  I loved Halloween and the goodies that came with it.

Keith and I once won the best costume prize at a party.  He went as the mad scientist and I went as his experiment.  

When the kids were young I wore a long black dress, a black cape and a witch’s hat.  My hair was very long then and went great with my green makeup and black eyeliner.

My favorite costume was one my mother sewed for me when I was young.  I can’t recall the top, but I wore a black skirt with a slit up the side, a beret and a cigarette with a long cigarette holder.  I think I even got to wear make up, something I wasn’t permitted to do until I was sixteen.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 02:37:19 PM by Jane »

Tomovoz

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2004, 02:30:16 PM »

Maybe there is a photo of td in a Nurse's uniform!
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2004, 02:32:51 PM »

Hope the rug trip is successful whichever day you go, MRBK.

I am watching some special DVD's that MBARNUM sent me.  Movies for the most part I did not know existed.

But one of them is a movie that did scare me when I was little FROM HELL IT CAME - about a man who turns into a tree and goes after the people who killed him.  It's a scary monster....and when I first saw it on TV I lived in the country and after that ALL the trees in the woods looked like Tobanga to me!

ALSO there is a movie set in Los Angeles at a car lot and the address is 8855 on some LA street and is called Big John's.  Right across the street at 8866 is a big long building called Whiz Kids - but I couldn't tell what it was...a store or what.  Anyone from LA then know what that was?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2004, 02:33:26 PM »

I am guessing that tick or treating is more sophisticated than trick or teating.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up