Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL TURKEY ALL THE TIME  (Read 4629 times)

Kate

Re: ALL TURKEY ALL THE TIME
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 08:24:20 AM »

MY BROADWAY QUOTE OF THE DAY:

" I know I'm who I am today because I knew you."

Any guesses on what musical this is from?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 08:30:23 AM »

My mother is having some surgery in a couple of hours - so I shall be away for a bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Positive Vibes for the Mother of our DR JRand65!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 08:32:08 AM »

I am back from pharmacy, and the laundry is in the washers.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 08:43:10 AM »

It's one of them Wicked songs, but which one I can't place.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 10:09:58 AM »

It's one of Elphaba's song lyrics from "Wicked"...("For Good")
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 10:10:15 AM »

Happy Lincoln's Birthday Eve, everyone.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 10:12:12 AM »

Am taking off at Noon today.  Won't be back at work until Tuesday.   We have a four-day weekend (we get Lincoln's birthday, tomorrow...and Monday is President's Day).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 10:13:34 AM »

FWIW:

I received a C-PAP (air pillow model) on Tuesday.  I'm doing a test run between now and March 4.  So far, I'm "into" it.  I can sleep on my side and my sleep seems more stable and restful.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 10:25:27 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I guess I got eight hours of sleep with weird dreams.

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 10:37:18 AM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  I needed to go in for fasting blood work today, which is our signal to go out for breakfast.  As we were finishing our meal, Richard decided to go across to the mall for a haircut and I wandered around a bit (not that there's much to see there).  I received a call from my papercrafting store that a special order came in, so we drove to Loveland to pick it up, did a couple more errands on the way home, and here we are.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »

Bob Evans?  Waffle House?  Frisch's?  IHOP?  Perkins (if there are any left out there)?  Original Pancake House?

John G.

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 11:02:40 AM »

FWIW:

I received a C-PAP (air pillow model) on Tuesday.  I'm doing a test run between now and March 4.  So far, I'm "into" it.  I can sleep on my side and my sleep seems more stable and restful.

Glad to read it. I love my Bi-PAP. If you need to ask any questions, send a message.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 11:19:13 AM »

Bob Evans?  Waffle House?  Frisch's?  IHOP?  Perkins (if there are any left out there)?  Original Pancake House?

Cracker Barrel - Richard's choice.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 12:19:10 PM »

[/quote

Cracker Barrel - Richard's choice.

Haven't had a breakfast there in several years.  Remember a couple of great ones.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 12:20:34 PM »

Am taking off at Noon today.  Won't be back at work until Tuesday.   We have a four-day weekend (we get Lincoln's birthday, tomorrow...and Monday is President's Day).

While I think it is great, I'm curious as to why you get both Lincoln's birthday and President's Day off.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »

FWIW:

Excellent!

ChasSmith

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2016, 12:22:55 PM »

(Screwed up that quote but good.  Danged iPad.)     :)

Jane

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »

The original Original Pancake House is in Portland.   I have not been able to get Keith near it.  He is afraid to go in.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »

Bruce I hope you are pleased with your haircut tomorrow.  At least it won't be a stranger the first time.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »

Yesterday Keith had his first decent haircut since we moved here.  He will be returning to this person.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »

Back from soup and a sandwich and picking up a couple of nothing packages.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2016, 01:23:22 PM »

Haven't heard a peep from Grant.  Not going to be happy if another day goes by.

John G.

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2016, 01:28:34 PM »

I don't know if it's life imitating art, but things have taken a bad turn for Brendan Coyle, who plays the woe-begotten Bates on Downton Abbey. He's had his driving privileges suspended in England because of a DUI.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2016, 01:29:56 PM »

LOL, DR cillaliz! I've never liked nor trusted Donald Trump, but there's still a side of me that thinks this whole Nazi-Fascist presidential game he's playing is a shill for the Democrats to keep the GOP off-balance and in turmoil.

And now we've got our former mayor Bloomberg playing at being Ralph Nader. All very interesting  .  .  .
He's not so bad, Elmore. He wouldn't be a good businessman if he couldn't delegate to people who know what the heck they are doing.  And he would keep you riled up for four years, that could be entertaining :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2016, 01:36:08 PM »

LOL, DR cillaliz! I've never liked nor trusted Donald Trump, but there's still a side of me that thinks this whole Nazi-Fascist presidential game he's playing is a shill for the Democrats to keep the GOP off-balance and in turmoil.

And now we've got our former mayor Bloomberg playing at being Ralph Nader. All very interesting  .  .  .

It actually is very interesting. Everyone is pretty PO'd at the goof balls in DC.  I'm very curious to see how this plays out as it goes across the country.   

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2016, 02:13:38 PM »

The first half of the commission fee for the "Appalachian Requiem" landed in my account this morning, so that will cover the Ohio property taxes next week. That's a big burden off my proverbial shoulders.

Very good news, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2016, 02:13:55 PM »

My mother is having some surgery in a couple of hours - so I shall be away for a bit.

Good result vibes!!!

~~~Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2016, 02:18:01 PM »

DR George, I saw the first NYC production of On the Verge. It was just glorious.  I remember nothing about the actual plot, but I remember how much fun it was, and how moving, the three actresses were quite wonderful, and it was imaginatively directed.  I had forgotten that it was a production of The Acting Company.  I would have guess Roundabout or Playwrights Horizons:
http://www.lortel.org/Archives/Production/1797

That's great!  I know that the three women in our production are very good actresses.  I noticed that Tom Robbins, who played Grover/Alphonse/George Troll/Yeti/Gus/Mme. Nhu/Coffee/Nicky Paradise in that original NYC production was also in "The Cradle Will Rock" directed by John Houseman.  I watched (and recorded) this on PBS and love it. :)

Jane

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2016, 02:52:53 PM »

I don't know if it's life imitating art, but things have taken a bad turn for Brendan Coyle, who plays the woe-begotten Bates on Downton Abbey. He's had his driving privileges suspended in England because of a DUI.

A shame he got into his car instead of taking a cab.  I'm glad he was stopped while driving. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3442568/Downton-Abbey-star-significant-drink-problem-banned-driving-four-years-caught-three-times-limit-convertible-BMW.html

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2016, 03:24:29 PM »

Nothing from Grant yet - not good.  Guess I'll call him now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up