Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 67  (Read 4609 times)

Ginny

Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 67
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 06:45:57 AM »

I slept rather well, for the most part.  I remember only one dream, a long one, I was caught in the year 1979, working on a production of The Beggar's Opera.

And did your rehearsal assistant get deathly ill with bronchitis like I did in real life?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 06:46:24 AM »

No window washers yet, but I did find Page 2!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 07:03:37 AM »

Several months back someone (was it BK?) alerted us to the fact that the ridiculously high priced I LOVE LUCY season one set on Blu-ray had suddenly hit a good price point.  I forget what price that was, but I bought it then and placed the season two set in my Amazon cart to watch the price fluctuations on that.  Well, it just paid off.  Following months of jumping up and down from a high of $80 to a low of $56, today it's $35.99.  And yes, I just stole it from them for that price.

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Lucy-Ultimate-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B00WGEAK4O/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1462197569&sr=1-2&keywords=i+love+lucy+blu-ray

But even more incredible, if you haven't gotten the season one, how does an Andrew Jackson sound?

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Lucy-Ultimate-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B00H5NY6CI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1462197569&sr=1-1&keywords=i+love+lucy+blu-ray

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 07:08:20 AM »

Sadly, there are no other seasons released on Blu-ray.  They killed it dribbling those two out at extravagant prices.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 07:12:20 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2016, 07:12:30 AM »

Happy birthday, FJL!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2016, 07:12:45 AM »

That's a very cutting word of the day.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2016, 07:38:59 AM »

Happiest of birthdays and bestest of wishes to DR FJL!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2016, 07:39:22 AM »

It sounds like there were some wonderful highlights at the show last night!  Congrats to MR BK & Co.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2016, 07:39:47 AM »

Continued rehearsal/run thru vibes for MR BK and  the other Co.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 07:40:37 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the vibes for my Uncle Bob....we shall see.

It was great to see DR CILLA LIZ in last night!

I hope DR TCB has a good day today and a great flight home tomorrow.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2016, 07:43:45 AM »

My two terrible stage appearances both concern minor actors who don't bother to enter or ring doorbells.....

During Arsenic & Old Lace, a policeman is supposed to interrupt a rather heated moment by knocking on the door....nothing.....we ad libbed a bit waiting.....and after quite some time, he came in.  He had been in the dressing room just looking in the mirror.  Of course I blame our stage manager who was sitting at her computer playing a game instead of watching her script.  The policeman had to walk past her to get to his place - a REAL stage manager would have known he wasn't there.  Of course, they both thought it was hilarious that we were left standing there.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2016, 07:45:51 AM »

Same thing last summer, when another actor and I were working to hide a body in a closet.....The Worst Actress In The World was supposed to ring the buzzer and talk to us over the intercom......NOTHING.....so there we stood carrying around a BIG woman wondering what to do.

The WAITW was backstage talking to another actor.....

AGAIN I blame the stage manager who was doing God Knows What....she didn't even know anything had gone wrong until we told her....and then it was....Oh....well.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2016, 07:46:42 AM »

I won't talk about the WORST which was of course doing a scene in Dial M for Murder with my fly open......ever since then, it has been  known around these parts as Dial Z for Zipper.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2016, 07:52:45 AM »

Happy Birthday, FJL!
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2016, 08:04:37 AM »

TOD:

I wrote about this stage flub in my second memoir, LIFE, LIBERTY & THE PURSUIT OF HOLLYWOOD.  Since it's a bit involved, here's how I reported it in the book:

"Undoubtedly, the most outrageous stage flub I ever witnessed was in a performance of THE DESPERATE HOURS, presented at an Equity Waiver theater in West Hollywood. This was a play with which I was familiar. Not only had I seen the national company perform it when I was a kid in Seattle, but I am a fan of the 1955 movie that had starred Humphrey Bogart, Fredric March and Arthur Kennedy.

"I was at this new production because one of my publicity clients, Larry Pennell, was playing the Arthur Kennedy role.

"Based on a true story, THE DESPERATE HOURS by Joseph Hayes is about a trio of escaped convicts, led by Bogart in the movie, who take over a suburban household and hold the family hostage, as they plan their final getaway. In the William Wyler-directed film, March played the father and Kennedy was the chief cop trying to catch the criminals.

"In the play’s climactic moments, one of the convicts has been killed, the police have surrounded the family’s home, the wife and grown daughter have been brought to safety, and the father (March) has just forced one of the remaining convicts, played in the movie by Robert Middleton, out of the house into a hail of police bullets.

"As the Middleton character is ejected from the house, he drops his gun inside. The father retrieves the weapon, and then goes upstairs to
confront the Bogart character, who is still holding March’s young son with a gun that he doesn’t know is not loaded.

"I don’t recall the names of the actors who played the convicts in the Equity Waiver production I saw, but the father was Don Dubbins, a skilled performer and a familiar face on episodic television, but perhaps best remembered for a couple of films he made back in the 1950s, TRIBUTE TO A BAD MAN starring Jimmy Cagney and THE D.I. with Jack Webb.

"Now, picture this:

"In the performance of the play that I attended, Dubbins forces the convict (the Middleton character) out of the house, but the actor playing
that role neglected to drop his gun. Dubbins, after desperately looking about the stage for the absent prop, now must mount the stairs and confront the Bogart character without a weapon.

"Knowing the play as well as I did and realizing what had happened, I cannot express how badly I felt for Dubbins at that moment. In what
should have been the play’s most intense scene, he was now forced to ask the Bogart character 'nicely' to release his son and get out of his
house.

"I encountered Dubbins at a party a year or two later, and reminded him of that incident, which he said was the 'most painful' moment he’d
ever spent on stage."
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2016, 08:07:03 AM »

TOD - Well, last week DR Elmore and I mentioned the beyond-awful Auntie Mame we were in back in 1975 or so.  During the scene when Mame entertains the Upsons, the flaming drinks got out of hand and the couch caught fire.

Then there was the dress rehearsal for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown when I, as Lucy, took a nose-dive off the edge during my down-stage cross at the end of the opening number.  Director DR Elmore thought I was dead.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2016, 08:08:39 AM »

You fooled him DR GINNY!   HA!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2016, 08:08:55 AM »

Yes DR DRUXY....that is most painful.....

Amy

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 08:16:22 AM »

TOD:
Vickie Lewis did an entire very complex dance number with two other people where she accidentally came out on stage with the entire length of a full-length gown completely unzipped. This was during the second act of "I Love My Wife". I don't know why neither Patrick Cassidy nor Jason Alexander zipped up her dress for her. When I asked Jason about it during a Q&A session after the show, he said if he even looked at her, he knew he'd bust up laughing.

John G.

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 08:30:58 AM »

I won't talk about the WORST which was of course doing a scene in Dial M for Murder with my fly open......ever since then, it has been  known around these parts as Dial Z for Zipper.

Ha!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 08:33:39 AM »

Great stories, DRs Druxy, Ginny and Amy.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:51:05 AM by John G. »
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2016, 08:43:38 AM »

Birthday Redux!

Happy Birthday, FJL!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2016, 08:48:06 AM »

Several months back someone (was it BK?) alerted us to the fact that the ridiculously high priced I LOVE LUCY season one set on Blu-ray had suddenly hit a good price point.  I forget what price that was, but I bought it then and placed the season two set in my Amazon cart to watch the price fluctuations on that.  Well, it just paid off.  Following months of jumping up and down from a high of $80 to a low of $56, today it's $35.99.  And yes, I just stole it from them for that price.

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Lucy-Ultimate-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B00WGEAK4O/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1462197569&sr=1-2&keywords=i+love+lucy+blu-ray

But even more incredible, if you haven't gotten the season one, how does an Andrew Jackson sound?

Too high!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Kate

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2016, 09:12:57 AM »

Good Morning All:

MY QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"CHARACTER IS THAT WHICH CAN DO WITHOUT SUCCESS."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2016, 09:30:58 AM »

DR FJL,

FJL

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »

Thank you so much, Ginny!

FJL

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2016, 09:47:46 AM »

DR FJL,

Cake like that needs to be quoted.

Thanks so much, Jane!

FJL

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2016, 09:48:04 AM »

Many thanks, JohnG!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - overall I think I got six hours of sleep - would have been eight had I not awakened at five for two hours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up