Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TO BOLDLY GO  (Read 4144 times)

ChasSmith

Re: TO BOLDLY GO
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 06:12:10 AM »

I just caught up with the last few out-of-print Kritzerland titles on my want list, thanks to BK's listings on Amazon.  Okay, there might be a couple left on the list.  But only a couple.  I've done extremely well catching up with these over the past couple of years.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 06:17:51 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 06:20:01 AM »

I have finished all the work I have on Guys & Dolls and I'm waiting on more, I;m waiting for another possible project to be announced, and I am in-betwqeen.  i hate it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 06:20:28 AM »

I will call Joshie today and check on him.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2016, 06:36:47 AM »

More coffee!

And some toast with marmalade.

Kerry

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2016, 06:50:52 AM »

Cute video.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2016, 06:54:25 AM »

I look forward to seeing more from that evening.
I like boat races.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2016, 07:02:42 AM »

TOD:

I've seen many of the original STAR TREK episodes, plus 2-3 of the movies with the original cast.  I've avoided the remakes and spin-offs.

I guess I've never been a Trekkie.

My late dear friend, Michael Ansara, was, of course, the original Klingon. 

You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2016, 07:14:23 AM »

Excluding DEEP SPACE NINE, which we eventually stopped watching, I have seen all the STAR TREK TV and film versions.

I still recall watching the first episode.  Back then it was unusual for me to watch science fiction without Keith.  Not since then though I am pleased to say we enjoy it together.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 07:15:38 AM »

TOD:

Not a Trekkie or a Trekker but I did want the original series toward the end of its run. And I liked the second movie with Ricardo Montalban. Plus, I have some CDs with Shatner and Nimoy singing.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 07:31:41 AM »

Monday Tuesday morning greetings!  I'm enjoying a slow morning and waiting for a text from the Kroger pharmacy telling me that my prescription refill is ready.  Then I'll go grocery shopping and line up some home-cooked dinners for the week.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 07:35:32 AM »

The heat and humidity have returned to SW Ohio and it's only a matter of time before we close up the house and turn the AC back on  :P
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2016, 07:36:39 AM »

I completely missed the STAR TREK frenzy and when i see episodes now, I think, how cheesy.  I have never understood it nor wished to investigate further.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 07:46:03 AM »

BK, I loved today's video - such talented young women!

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2016, 07:51:41 AM »

TOD - I would probably never have watched Star Trek, but Richard and Rob bonded over it very early in Rob's life and I went along for the ride.  I've only seen scattered episodes of the original series, but quite enjoyed The Next Generation, Voyager, and Enterprise, the theme from which became Rob's personal anthem in high school.  As for the movies, my favorites are The Voyage Home and First Contact.

Amy

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2016, 07:59:46 AM »

TOD:
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is my favorite movie.
I was a big fan of Star Trek The Next Generation. There were many very good episodes, but I think it was difficult for the writers to come up with plots that were truly original. A few times, they did and they were excellent. My favorite was when they met a species that spoke English, but they still couldn't understand what they were saying because they spoke exclusively in metaphors.

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »

The heat and humidity have returned to SW Ohio and it's only a matter of time before we close up the house and turn the AC back on  :P

...and it's done.  We really enjoyed the hint of fall we had over the weekend, but the humidity finally got to me.  At least, now that it's September, this won't last for weeks on end.

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2016, 08:31:57 AM »

...and it's done.  We really enjoyed the hint of fall we had over the weekend, but the humidity finally got to me.  At least, now that it's September, this won't last for weeks on end.

I guess that means we'll be back in it tomorrow, too.  But you're right, DR Ginny, these will be short lived now.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2016, 08:33:26 AM »

I guess that means we'll be back in it tomorrow, too.  But you're right, DR Ginny, these will be short lived now.

Yes, I keep remembering 31 years ago when Rob was born.  Sept. 7, his birthday, was hot and muggy like today and by the time we were released 5 days later my Mom had to bring socks and long sleeves for me to wear home.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2016, 08:59:24 AM »

Yes DR GINNY - I had to close the windows and turn the AC back on yesterday.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2016, 09:00:21 AM »

I don't have to go to the theatre until Thursday when I sell tickets for opening night, work in the concessions, and then clean up.  I like to do EVERYTHING in one night so I only have to drive down once.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2016, 09:01:23 AM »

The video was most excellent....very cute and very well SUNG!  Of course the gag made me laugh....but the staging was funny and appropriate!!!!

I like the direction Sami's voice is going.....she is a very talented singer!

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2016, 09:02:16 AM »

Yes DR GINNY - I had to close the windows and turn the AC back on yesterday.....

I could have been persuaded yesterday, but we toughed it out until 11am today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2016, 09:04:53 AM »

I do not care for the original ST series very much......but I do like ST:TNG.  I think it's mostly because I like so many of the actors and characters....Picard, Riker, and Data in particular.

As DR AMY wrote, some of the episodes were very original and well done:  I especially liked the one where they captured a young Borg and tried to get him to understand he could be an individual.....probably my favorite.

Didn't much like Whoopi Goldberg's character or her acting on the show, so I mostly avoid the episodes that feature a LOT of her....

I only saw a couple of the movies....and none of them all the way through.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2016, 09:26:04 AM »

I spoke to Joshie.  Rob is safely back from Hawaiian vacation, and Joshie is nearly finished with The King & I.  I'm going to go to City Center tomorrow to pester him.  I want to see what he's accomplished. That will be fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2016, 09:42:37 AM »

I'm up, I'm up  - not quite eight hours thanks to several robocalls this morning.

John G.

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »

Enjoyed the video. Looking forward to more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2016, 09:53:29 AM »

Still not into the work thing today.

At least I'm getting something done.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2016, 11:02:03 AM »

Did anyone see the Woody Allen movie Cafe Society?

I did, and I really enjoyed it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »

Well, what're we waiting for??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up