Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WORKING THE BRAIN  (Read 4237 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: WORKING THE BRAIN
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2016, 01:37:28 PM »

I had a near miss with Spring Awakening myself.  When an emergency came up with an MD's family, this theater group called every MD, keyboardist, and plain old Sunday School Pianist in the state of Connecticut in an attempt to get people to step in for even one performance.  I knew absolutely nothing about the show, and ducked just in time.  Close call.

I'm glad I did it, but I'll never go near it again.  At least it's on my resume and people that go gaga over the show will see it and be impressed   LOL

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2016, 01:37:40 PM »

Page 3 dance

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2016, 01:37:47 PM »

3hree.2!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2016, 01:38:50 PM »

I tried watching DIRK GENTLY the other night and couldn't even get through the first episode. Does anyone like the show? I like quirky humor, but this didn't work for me.

I don't like shows (TV or movies) where the humor is supposed to come from someone who has everything go wrong and no one cares.  I don't remember the original book at all, so I don't know if it's anything like it.  That being said, Elijah Wood's character wasn't as downtrodden as others I've seen, and he had some non-depressing moments that made it more palatable.  Also if nothing else, the two lead actors are nice to look at. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2016, 01:47:05 PM »

Jane

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2016, 01:50:41 PM »

Well, it's been a rather busy 3 months.  10 weeks of shows - 4 shows, Legally Blond, Spring Awakening, Evita and School of Rock.   All were fine, but I won't be going anywhere near that drek that is Spring Awakening ever again.  I only MD'd School of Rock with high school kids and that was awesome.  Evita was also done by a high school, and they pulled it off quite well.  This will be the first week of being show-less and I'm really happy!!   The last weekend was challenging as I had some sort of stomach thing happening and had to conduct School of Rock with several bouts of nausea on Saturday night.  I don't recommend that to anyone.

So now I'm show-less for a few months.  Then in January it starts all over again.  I'm looking forward to Spring Break as I'll be heading to NYC to see shows, sights and people.  I have tickets to see Bette in [/i] Hello Dolly![/i] and of course I'll see Sunset Blvd

The dogs are finally getting along.  In fact, I'm listening to them play on the patio as I write this.  I can't be happier.  It was touch and go for the first few months, but some puppy day camp has done wonders for both.

That's all for now.

I am glad life is good and that the pups are friends.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2016, 01:53:48 PM »

I tried watching DIRK GENTLY the other night and couldn't even get through the first episode. Does anyone like the show? I like quirky humor, but this didn't work for me.

I don't like shows (TV or movies) where the humor is supposed to come from someone who has everything go wrong and no one cares.  I don't remember the original book at all, so I don't know if it's anything like it.  That being said, Elijah Wood's character wasn't as downtrodden as others I've seen, and he had some non-depressing moments that made it more palatable.  Also if nothing else, the two lead actors are nice to look at. ;)

We watched the entire first episode which Keith regretted.  Until after we watched I didn't realize it was suppose to be funny.  I maybe laughed  few times.  It is very strange and I am fine with not seeing another episode.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »

Easter Parade
In the Good Old Summertime
Meet Me in St. Louis
The Harvey Girls

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2016, 02:16:34 PM »

I've accomplished a few things today, and I solved a modulation I was not happy with in my choral arrangement.  Unhappily, I made a lousy error in the Guys & Dolls percussion part for 25 bars of the Havana sequence that my collaborator Jason just caught.  It's embarrassing because it means h has to go back and clean up a mess I let pass.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2016, 02:18:07 PM »

The clocks and my watch are turned back, so I'm already on tomorrow's time schedule. In about an hour I wil give some thought to dinner.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »

WElcome back to Matthew!!!

George

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »

Well, I must be off.  I'm going to my parents' for dinner, then I have to leave to work concessions at 6:00 pm.  I forget what it's for, but since I signed up for concessions, it's not something that I specifically want to watch.  So, I'm bringing my Kindle to read during the show.

Be back later.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!

The clocks and my watch are turned back, so I'm already on tomorrow's time schedule. In about an hour I wil give some thought to dinner.

We are also on tomorrow's time, but it's because we drove this morning to Evansville, Indiana, for Fr. Richard to participate in an ordination service.  The way I figure it, by tomorrow we'll have gained 2 hours but we'll lose one of them on our way home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2016, 02:44:25 PM »

The service was lovely and was followed by a nice reception.  We're now settled in our hotel, watching the second half of Michigan/Maryland.  Michigan leads, 38-0.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2016, 02:57:29 PM »

So, what happens tonight?  Clocks BACK?  I can't keep up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2016, 02:57:51 PM »

Back from the run-through (barely) and now Kritzerland rehearsal, then, finally, food.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »

So, what happens tonight?  Clocks BACK?  I can't keep up.

Yup, clocks "fall" BACK ;D

Laura

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »

I had a near miss with Spring Awakening myself.  When an emergency came up with an MD's family, this theater group called every MD, keyboardist, and plain old Sunday School Pianist in the state of Connecticut in an attempt to get people to step in for even one performance.  I knew absolutely nothing about the show, and ducked just in time.  Close call.

I'm glad I did it, but I'll never go near it again.  At least it's on my resume and people that go gaga over the show will see it and be impressed   LOL

All I know about Spring Awakening is that I saw a clip on tv. I gave away the tickets to the tour and also the tickets when the local theater did it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2016, 06:29:38 PM »

I've been watchig a British DVD, The Ghost of Greville Lodge. It's a family ghost story with a few really scary moments and a good cast.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:17:59 PM by elmore3003 »

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »

For some reason I am extremely tired today.  I think it is because I did not take an afternoon walk.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2016, 06:53:31 PM »

Fore some reason I am extremely bored that we're on page THREE!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2016, 06:53:36 PM »

Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2016, 06:53:47 PM »

Three hours without a damn post?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »

Had our stumble-through, then went to Du-Par's because I was craving their mac-and-cheese, which I had with a small Caesar.  The first thing we heard upon entering was "Cash only" - seems their system was down.  The second thing we heard was "no Diet Coke."  Two strikes.  And then there was the mac-and-cheese which was like soup.  Three strikes and you're out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2016, 06:56:11 PM »

In fifteen minutes I will be jogging, then I don't want to do anything but listen to music and let all the people I know who are NOT coming to either Kritzerland or The Brain know exactly how I feel about it.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2016, 06:57:34 PM »

Did they still charge you for the mac and cheese once you complained?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2016, 07:06:19 PM »

My mother and I ere invited to a luncheon to celebrate the grand opening of a new cancer treatment center today. My radiation oncologist and his team (they also treated my fathers thigh tumor and my mothers brain megliamona) are moving it o a beautiful new center .  It is wonderful place and it was very moving to see everyone again  and to share stories with others who have been treated or are being treated by my amazing Dr JohnAmes
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2016, 07:06:50 PM »

A lot of tears were shed and and a lot of laughs were had
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom