Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TWELVE DRUMMERS SITTING AROUND IN THE NUDE AND PLAYING A XYLOPHONE  (Read 44782 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:TWELVE DRUMMERS SITTING AROUND IN THE NUDE AND PLAYING A XYLOPHONE
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2004, 07:53:22 AM »

Page 2 Angel Dance

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2004, 08:32:49 AM »

We all here....we all here.... a BANDWAGON reference.

It is up to 7 degrees here.

Ah yes, DRLULU.....in fact, as Joan says, Lorne and Vera have souls too evil even for hell!  If you have AUTUMN LEAVES, you might see if you also have QUEEN BEE, I am reviewing it as well, and at least Joan is rich in that one.....in AL, she has such a terrible job, typing those manuscripts for those dirty old men.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2004, 08:38:55 AM »

I like the concept of Erev Christmas.

I feel totally hung over this morning -- nauseated, bad headache, etc. -- without having had a single drink last night. Sort of takes the fun out of a hangover, no?
I'm hoping it will pass once I eat some toast. Think I'll skip the coffee.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2004, 08:55:54 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm on a break right now from my various errands and activities today...

My radio went off at 7:45... My alarm clock at 8:30... And I got out of bed at 10:00... ;)

*The new upstairs roommate apparently had some gathering last night - and everyone seemed to be walking around a lot.  Even my roommate who tends to sleep through anything and everything was slightly annoyed.  -Oh, and there's a new dog next door, an older Jack Russell Terrier, and he, apparently, likes to bark... a lot.  Ah, well...  I did eventually get to sleep around 3:30.  -When am I out of this apartment?!?!?

;)

In any case...

I made it in and out of the grocery store this morning without any major hassles.  It was busy, but it wasn't crazy.  And I guess it was a sign of some sorts: all my favorite brands of baking supplies were on sale - flour, sugar, chocolate chips, oatmeal, butter, cream cheese, peanuts, etc...  -Guess what I'll be doing Sunday and Monday?  :D

As for Today's Media Check... Nothing yet.  I do need to select the next batch of CDs-I-bought-years-ago-but-never-listened-to to bring back with me when I head back north tomorrow morning.  Sadly, I realized last night that a lot of my Christmas CDs are no longer in my collection.  I left a batch at a job a few years ago, and they're still there.  Ah, well... They're all replaceable.  -Luckily, I didn't have that many, but each time I looked for a particular CD last night, I realized...."Oh...."  -I was hoping to find my copy of Tuck Andress' solo guitar Christmas Album.

In a few minutes - at Noon EST - to be exact, I shall be heading out to Carytown to finish up some more Christmas shopping for my nieces and nephew.  My brothers said to go the clothes route, but I really do want to buy them toys this year, so...  -I'll most likely throw in a gift card to The Gap and Old Navy too.  Best of all, I can walk to Carytown - the exercise will be nice, and there are lots of people out and about.  It looked very festive when I drove through it all on my way back from the grocery store.

OK...  I'll be back...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2004, 08:57:42 AM »

I feel totally hung over this morning -- nauseated, bad headache, etc. -- without having had a single drink last night. Sort of takes the fun out of a hangover, no?
I'm hoping it will pass once I eat some toast. Think I'll skip the coffee.

Is it possible to get a hangover from marzipan?

;)

*A few years ago, a friend gave me a nice assortment of marzipan.  A few of the pieces were laced with armagnac... Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2004, 09:05:43 AM »

Merry Christmas to all Hainsies, Kimlets and Lurkers.  God bless us, everyone.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2004, 09:08:06 AM »

Lulu's back!  Weren't you the one who also loved When Michael Calls?  Of course, considering how spotty my attendance has been, you very well may have been here all along.   ::)

Joke's on me department:  get to my Jewish retirement home gig last night, which I had somehow thought was "background music" for a little nosh soiree they were having, only to find out, Nooooo......they are expecting a "concert" by moi.  So I had them all throw out requests.  Played everything from Begin the Beguine to Moonlight Sonata to Shalom Chaverim to Theme from Exodus (I made them laugh when I told them the lyric was written by the most goyische person imaginable--Pat Boone).  A nice old lady came up to me afterwards and said "Listening to you play just transports me to a different place."  I thought, "Where?  Beaverton?"  (That is a little joke for those of you who know Portland and its environs).

Media check:  CD:  Martin Pearlman and Boston Baroque's Brandenburgs.  The Brandenburgs have always spelled Christmas for me, don't ask me why.

DVD:  La Dolce Vita.  I believe I have mentioned this before, but may I just say that Richard Schickel has got to be the worst commentator ever in the history of DVD commentators.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2004, 09:11:52 AM »

Shake the snow globe - after clicking on "play."  ;D

http://ww12.e-tractions.com/snowglobe/globe.htm

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2004, 09:12:09 AM »

I'm up and water is boiling.  I must dice some onions and then I must onion some dice.  I must finish part one (the tuna pasta salad) just before ten, which is when I must go to Gelson's to get our beloved Parisienne Cake.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

And if I may put on my Episcopal Church Director of Music Ministries Hat (kind of like a Pope-Hat, only slightly less grandiose), since we do this as part of our liturgical year--the 12 days of Christmas actually start tomorrow and continue until Epiphany, so you do indeed still have time to order your maids a milking and other sundried paraphenalia in time (at least for any orthodox inclined friends and/or family).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2004, 09:25:46 AM »

And if I may put on my Episcopal Church Director of Music Ministries Hat (kind of like a Pope-Hat, only slightly less grandiose), since we do this as part of our liturgical year--the 12 days of Christmas actually start tomorrow and continue until Epiphany, so you do indeed still have time to order your maids a milking and other sundried paraphenalia in time (at least for any orthodox inclined friends and/or family).

DRJMK, the hat should be more grandiose than the pope's!  Episcopalians have always been more catholic than the Catholics!  Blame Henry VIII.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2004, 09:30:54 AM »

Happy Christmas Eve Day everyone!

I am already on the BBC site, waiting to listen to the Michael Ball Christmas Concert that will begin in just a few minutes.  

We’re having an ugly, gray day here in the land of Sunshine.    They say it will rain tomorrow as well.  I feel so sorry for the kids.  All those shiny new bikes and scooters and dolls with their carriages and puppies that won’t be able to go outside and play.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2004, 09:31:43 AM »

I apologize for posting before reading.  I’m still in a mad rush to get this house in order before the boys arrive.  It is only my junk left to put away and I’m only half done.

I woke up this morning feeling very calm.  Keith and I both agree to just make Echo comfortable with prednisone and to continue her antibiotic for the parasite, which may also help the cancer.  Our regular vet concurs with our decision.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2004, 09:32:27 AM »

Danise please email me the Christmas snow globe.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2004, 09:38:07 AM »

Is it possible to get a hangover from marzipan?

More likely from something I forgot about and you just reminded me of, DR Jose. Last night I ate (drank?) quite a few pieces of "Imported from Hungary" dark chocolate liqueur cherries. Yummilicious. I discovered these at Trader Joe's yesterday. When I was a kid, they were a HUGE Christmas treat. And very expensive (we had them even after we settled in Canada). At TJ's a large box is $3.99! To get back to my hangover, it states on the front of the box for all to see: "Sale of this product to persons under the legal age for purchasing alchoholic beverages is unlawful."
Hmmmm....
I think I shall take what remains of the box to tonight's party and put it out for all to enjoy. They're wrapped in pretty gold foil and look quite festive.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2004, 09:40:28 AM »

Dear Friend BK, I'm listening to Harvey's CD as I have lunch before dashing back to the mad and frenzied throng at B&N.  It's quite wonderful.  What is he doing before "Try to Remember"?  And is there any more beautiful song than "The Room Is Filled with You"?  It's the one number on COLETTE COLLAGE that I wish I had the chance to rescore; I don't feel I do Harvey and Tom justice there.

I'll check back in after 5:15 EST.  Who's got the home fries while you fiddle with your tuna pasta salad?

Oh, to be at the Christmas Eve festivities chez Kimmel!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2004, 09:41:36 AM »

More likely from something I forgot about and you just reminded me of, DR Jose. Last night I ate (drank?) quite a few pieces of "Imported from Hungary" dark chocolate liqueur cherries. Yummilicious. I discovered these at Trader Joe's yesterday. When I was a kid, they were a HUGE Christmas treat. And very expensive (we had them even after we settled in Canada). At TJ's a large box is $3.99! To get back to my hangover, it states on the front of the box for all to see: "Sale of this product to persons under the legal age for purchasing alchoholic beverages is unlawful."
Hmmmm....
I think I shall take what remains of the box to tonight's party and put it out for all to enjoy. They're wrapped in pretty gold foil and look quite festive.

Wasn't there some post from DRJane about sending those overnight to me?

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2004, 09:44:08 AM »

DR Jane, hope you have a wonderful visit with you son's, and I know you will as you are a proud mom!! And all the best for Echo...he is a lucky dog to have you and Keith to look after him!

JRand54, that snowglobe was a riot! I e-mailed it to my co-worker who I just realized is not at work as State offices are closed today! LOL! Oh, well!

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2004, 09:46:29 AM »

Whew, I slept in late today even though I went to bed early last night..now I must get myself to the grocery store and the bread store!

Media check:

CD: A SWINGING BIG BAND CHRISTMAS

DVD: GODZILLA: TOKYO S.O.S

VHS: The silent Danish movie WITCHCRAFT THROUGH THE AGES and  Cal Bolder's episode of THE GIRL FROM U.N.C.L.E which I am transferring onto DVD for him.

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2004, 09:50:51 AM »

And my Bollywood movie for this week(end), which I started watching last night is:

RAM BHARAT MILAN which seems to be a remake of another film that I watched a few months back with practically the same cast! Guess they thought they did not get it right the first time! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2004, 09:52:43 AM »

Tuna pasta salad is done, and I'm on my way to pick up cake.

Danise

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2004, 09:56:08 AM »

Jane, your wish is my command!  It's on the way along with a couple of others I found.  At least, I hope it will.  I've never tried to send a gif via e-mail but I shall try!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2004, 09:57:45 AM »

Last night I saw a perfectly splendid production of Richard Brinsley Sheridan's The School for Scandal at the Mark Taper Forum.

Somehow, I had never seen or read this play previously, and I discovered a thoroughly marvelous comedy written and set in the late 18th century.  Filled with rapid repartee, wickedly clever epigrams and conceits such as secret assignation, concealed identity and a lover hiding behind a screen in the boudoir, the play offers biting comment on hypocrisy amongst that segment of the upper class consumed by gossip.

It was not difficult at all to draw connections from this play to our own society, enamored as it is with celebrity gossip and a little too gleeful in its delight in schadenfreude.

Mr. Brian Bedford directed and starred in the production, and every player in the large ensemble was excellent.  The regal facade of an upper-crust estate served as the unifying element of the set for the Taper's thrust stage.  Special mention must be made of the costumes, which were not only sumptuous, but also superbly defining of character.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2004, 10:00:28 AM »

Confidential to Dear Reader elmore3003:  Are you happy now?
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Danise

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2004, 10:03:21 AM »

They are on their way!  Hope they work for you!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2004, 10:10:42 AM »

So I'm unbathed, in my schlubby clothes, drinking egg nog, eating bad things, and vegging...until I must bathe and hie myself hence to BK's Christmas Bash!

Yesterday I sent the following email Christmas missive to two of my oldest and closest friends in Lexington, Kentucky.  It read:  "This time of the season must give us pause as we ponder the eternal question:  What do you do with a General when he stops being a General?  Following the old man wherever he wants to go, your pal, Chuck."

The reason for this message is we have had a running debate going on for years (usually when watching White Christmas) what is the worst Irving Berlin song ever:  What Do You Do With a General When He Stops Being A General? or We'll Follow The Old Man, with Mr. Monotony thrown into the debate as well as a song I really can't stand, Always.  My choice for worst usually changes with whichever one I'm hearing.

Tomovoz

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2004, 10:31:46 AM »

Merry Christmas to all Hainsies, Kimlets and Lurkers.  God bless us, everyone.
Good to see you WEL.. All the best to you and those you love too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2004, 10:32:33 AM »

Agreed on all counts, DRCP.  But if only we could have Irving Berlin's ASCAP rating - it would indeed be a Merry Christmas!

Up to 11 degrees F here.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2004, 10:43:19 AM »

Agreed on all counts, DRCP.  But if only we could have Irving Berlin's ASCAP rating - it would indeed be a Merry Christmas!

Up to 11 degrees F here.

What's not to like about ALWAYS?

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2004, 10:58:18 AM »

Christmas Eve greetings!  We're still snowed in, because our street has not been cleared.  In fact, here is the snowplow stuck in the intersection that we can see from our living room window!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up