Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: EATING A PLUSH TOY  (Read 7124 times)

FJL

Re: EATING A PLUSH TOY
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 05:40:43 AM »

Break a leg to Druxy!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2017, 05:40:51 AM »

Tuesday.  I am NOT expecting to see my shadow so much this morning,  so it is getting better....

Today is my appointment with my oncologist.  He will set up a cat scan and then let me know the schedule for my infusion which should start next week or so....we shall see.

I know what you mean by better :(

FJL

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2017, 05:41:38 AM »

delightful and wonderful dating news from Danise, some good news with the work bad news.

Jane

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2017, 05:41:58 AM »

GOOD CATCH SCAN RESULTS VIBES FOR DR JRAND!

Jane

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2017, 05:52:07 AM »

I can't think of anything I didn't like David Wayne in.  A favorite is THE TENDER TRAP.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2017, 05:54:52 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2017, 05:57:25 AM »

Anne Francis, always delightful but I can't think of a favorite.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »

I had a nice long sleep, although I discovered on an early morning jaunt to the bathroom that my microwave has died.  It's lights were flashing on and off and the timer/clock was stuck on 5:17.  I've unplugged it, hoping that when I replug it, it will reset and be fine.  We'll see.

At any rate it's a bit of work I'd rather have avoided today since I've got things to do pertaining to my Ohio trip.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 06:00:49 AM »

DR Danise, I guess the State of Florida likes to dump its employees to save on retirement and pension?  If this has been going on for some time, there may be previous victims to interview.  I am really sorry this has happened to you.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 06:01:59 AM »

I do not know Elizabeth Allen by name.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 06:03:10 AM »

I recently saw Elizabeth Allen in something, but I cannot remember what it was.

I love David Wayne's oldest train conductor in Richard Lester's FINDERS KEEPERS.

I cannot think of a single Anne Francis film beyond FORBIDDEN PLANET, which I love.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:09:21 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2017, 06:05:42 AM »

Speaking of FORBIDDEN PLANET and its debt to Shakespeare. last night I started watching my close personal friend Ian McKellan's performance of KING LEAR, which Trevor Nunn has set in some sorta 19th century kingdom.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2017, 06:08:24 AM »

And that leads to my Ohio trip since KING LEAR has many resonances to my brothers and me.  I sent Randy a text yesterday morning asking if he and Jo could put up with me as a guest for a week or more.  His response was, Hell, no, but the Macbeths will put you up.

I am looking forward to seeing him and my wonderful sister-in-law Jo.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2017, 06:10:44 AM »

Continued LEVI vibes for MR BK.  And visiting Nick Redman vibes as well.  Be careful on your jogs!

I'll drink to all that!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2017, 06:11:51 AM »

I have to deal with a printer issue this morning along with the microwave.  Skip the coffee, bring on the booze.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2017, 06:36:42 AM »

I've cleaned off the microwave and plugged it back in.  The clock reset, and it seems to be fine now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2017, 06:40:01 AM »

DR Jeanne, I agree with you about the cat site I posted.  Because of the wait for the Guys & Dolls check, I've already lost several cats I thought seemed perfect.  I can only hope they were adopted and not put down.  I'm currently waiting to make this Ohio trip before I consider any adoption, and I do worry about the fates of some of these animals.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:07:59 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 07:09:59 AM »

More fresh hell: my Medicare check has not arrived at my HMO, and it was mailed eight days ago.  I am wondering if some US Postal machinery has eaten.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 07:26:37 AM »

TCB  & George,  how is the air quality up there?  It has been worse everyday here.  This morning it is ugly out.

Last night was the first time my lungs felt it.  I am walking early today to beat the heat, if only I could avoid the smoke.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2017, 07:27:03 AM »

Check finding vibes for DR elmore.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2017, 08:04:35 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2017, 08:04:57 AM »

Back is acting up today. Don't like that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »

TCB, I hope you're feeling better.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2017, 08:05:43 AM »

Vibes for everyone. It's that kind of a Tuesday.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2017, 08:09:03 AM »

TOD

Francis: Forbidden Planet

Wayne: Almost everything, from the cast albums of Finian's Rainbow and The Happy Time to his stint on St. Elsewhere to Adam's Rib.

Allen: The Japanese broadcast of 42nd Street, the cast recording of Do I Hear a Waltz?
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2017, 08:25:57 AM »

PLaybill.com is reporting that Barbara Cook has passed away at 89.

Danise

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2017, 08:28:28 AM »

Good morning all.  Vibes to all in need. Thank you for the good wishes.  Yeah, I have had some ups and downs this past month. 

I do have a job fair to go to tomorrow and a friend posted on FaceBook that the Tax Collector is hiring.  The good thing about the Tax Collector is that they are part of the FRS (Florida Retirement System) so if I get a job there, I would be able to finish the 3 years I need to get my full retirement.  Bad news is the pay.  It would be a LOT less then what I was making.  I might have to try (operative word there since I'm not having much luck finding now) to get a 2nd part time job to keep my head above water.

Part of me is thinking about applying for disability from SS.  At least I would have an income.  I'm told that having diabetes is now considered one.  Add all my other health issues and I think I would qualify.

If I don't find gainful employment by the end of this month, I will more then likely go that route.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2017, 08:35:22 AM »

Good morning all.  Vibes to all in need. Thank you for the good wishes.  Yeah, I have had some ups and downs this past month. 

I do have a job fair to go to tomorrow and a friend posted on FaceBook that the Tax Collector is hiring.  The good thing about the Tax Collector is that they are part of the FRS (Florida Retirement System) so if I get a job there, I would be able to finish the 3 years I need to get my full retirement.  Bad news is the pay.  It would be a LOT less then what I was making.  I might have to try (operative word there since I'm not having much luck finding now) to get a 2nd part time job to keep my head above water.

Part of me is thinking about applying for disability from SS.  At least I would have an income.  I'm told that having diabetes is now considered one.  Add all my other health issues and I think I would qualify.

If I don't find gainful employment by the end of this month, I will more then likely go that route.

Fingers crossed, DR Danise!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2017, 08:36:30 AM »

I saw that.  so sad.  Several months ago, she cancelled her concerts and I wondered if this was a retirement or a health issue.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2017, 09:21:13 AM »

Very depressed. Loved her voice.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up