Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: EATING A PLUSH TOY  (Read 7100 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: EATING A PLUSH TOY
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2017, 09:40:32 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2017, 09:59:20 AM »

PLaybill.com is reporting that Barbara Cook has passed away at 89.

I just saw the announcement here. :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »

It  never rains.  It just pours.

It's always been difficult to find the right actors to do audio versions of my one-person plays in THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS collection.  It's a matter of finding (1) a seasoned actor who is vocally right for the role, and (2) an actor willing to make the time commitment to do the play "right".  Thus far, only ORSON WELLES and CLARA BOW have successfully found their way to audio.

In the last two weeks, that might very well have changed.  Not only is the multi-talented Fred Frees (Paul's son) over halfway through recording the audio version of my new novel, JACKIE GOES TO DIXIE, but I have also signed ACX agreements with actors to do my one-person plays on Spencer Tracy, Basil Rathbone and Carole Lombard.  And, I have another actor circling around Clark Gable.

Hopefully, all of these projects will result in a completed audio versions of the plays.  Fingers crossed.

Congrats and good luck, Druxy!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2017, 10:06:46 AM »

Ah.....IMDB tells us that Elizabeth Allen was the salesgirl to Anne Francis in the After Hours segment of THE TWILIGHT ZONE.....so I will add that to my lists for both actresses.

"I'm looking for a gift for my mother..."    :D

I loved that episode.

George

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »

TCB  & George,  how is the air quality up there?  It has been worse everyday here.  This morning it is ugly out.

Last night was the first time my lungs felt it.  I am walking early today to beat the heat, if only I could avoid the smoke.

I've never noticed it in my lungs.  The only time it registered to me was last week when I could see it, and not too much at all since...but then maybe I just wasn't paying attention. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »

Tuesday.  I am NOT expecting to see my shadow so much this morning,  so it is getting better....

Today is my appointment with my oncologist.  He will set up a cat scan and then let me know the schedule for my infusion which should start next week or so....we shall see.

~~~Continued Vibes for Jrand!!~~~

George

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2017, 10:07:57 AM »

Good morning all.  Vibes to all in need. Thank you for the good wishes.  Yeah, I have had some ups and downs this past month. 

I do have a job fair to go to tomorrow and a friend posted on FaceBook that the Tax Collector is hiring.  The good thing about the Tax Collector is that they are part of the FRS (Florida Retirement System) so if I get a job there, I would be able to finish the 3 years I need to get my full retirement.  Bad news is the pay.  It would be a LOT less then what I was making.  I might have to try (operative word there since I'm not having much luck finding now) to get a 2nd part time job to keep my head above water.

Part of me is thinking about applying for disability from SS.  At least I would have an income.  I'm told that having diabetes is now considered one.  Add all my other health issues and I think I would qualify.

If I don't find gainful employment by the end of this month, I will more then likely go that route.

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for Danise!!~~~

George

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2017, 10:08:52 AM »

And now, I need to get to work!

Until later!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2017, 10:16:30 AM »

How fitting that Barbara Cook's last meal was vanilla ice cream.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2017, 10:16:42 AM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2017, 10:58:44 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RTtFVfxDst4

Well, that was downright glorious.  God bless her.

Truly.

No matter what else is happening, I need to listen to some Barbara Cook tonight.

Danise

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »

Hi all,  Just wanted to share--I just got an email invitation to test with the Tax Collectors office!  Part of me hates to say anything because I've been hopeful before and it came to nothing.  All I can do is take it one step at a time--and celebrate both the small and the larger victories with my friends.

I would text David to let him know but he is at work and I refuse to bother him until we talk tonight.  I did tell you he's in San Francisco so there is a time difference between us?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »

DR Danise is there a way to find out what you would get from SS if you went on disability to help you decide regarding a lesser paying job & disability? 

Jane

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2017, 11:13:45 AM »

Good news regarding the call to test with the tax collectors office.

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I took Rob and Mary Linda to the Dayton airport this morning for their flight to California for her brother's wedding this weekend.  We did some errands and stopped for lunch at a place that had outside seating with a bird's eye view of this unfolding:

Bomb squad...

While we ate, a caravan of emergency vehicles left the scene, leaving just a maintenance crew to clear away the orange cones and yellow tape.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »

DR Danise, good luck with the tax collector!  There's a lot to be said for staying in the public employees' retirement system...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

Very exciting DR GINNY!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2017, 11:26:21 AM »

Job vibes for DR DANISE.

Check vibes for DR ELMORE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »

I am awaiting a call so that I can have my port put in place.

Infusion starts next Tuesday.....on we go.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2017, 11:28:29 AM »

Very exciting DR GINNY!

Certainly not something we see every day, DR JRand.  One of the vehicles was from WHIO, Channel 7, so I'll watch their newscast at 5pm to see what more I can find out.

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »

Sorry to hear about Barbara Cook  :-\

Jane

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2017, 11:31:59 AM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I took Rob and Mary Linda to the Dayton airport this morning for their flight to California for her brother's wedding this weekend.  We did some errands and stopped for lunch at a place that had outside seating with a bird's eye view of this unfolding:

Bomb squad...

While we ate, a caravan of emergency vehicles left the scene, leaving just a maintenance crew to clear away the orange cones and yellow tape.

They should have charged you extra for the entertainment ;)

ChasSmith

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »

Oh my.  Excitement in SW Ohio!

Jane

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2017, 11:33:10 AM »

DR Danise, good luck with the tax collector!  There's a lot to be said for staying in the public employees' retirement system...

It does sound like a big bonus.  Could you take in a roommate instead of having a second job?

Of course, major vibes you receive a job offer!

Danise

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2017, 11:34:20 AM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  I'm not sure.  I'll have to look into it but if I can get back with a government job I will have good health insurance, life insurance, eye, dental and so many other  benefits that makes it worth having the lower pay.  I do know if I go on disability, I would be restricted as to how many hours and how much I could earn.  I don't like that idea. 

Something else I didn't tell you all last night--part of the excuse to get me out the door was that I was "untrainable".  They had a new computer system that had 2 or 3 codes you could use for every action.  No matter which code I picked---you guessed it--I always picked the wrong one.  If I picked the code they said to use, it was wrong for the situation, if that same situation came up that was the wrong code to use because they changed their minds and the other code was the one to use.  Oy.

Anyway, one of the things I did was in my job hunt I found a life insurance company that was willing to pay for me to go to class and pay for me to get my life insurance FL license.  It was a 2 weekend class then you go sit for the state exam.  I'm "untrainable", remember? I knew almost zero about the different kinds of Life Insurance and how they work.   I took the class, made it a POINT to not study, sat for and PASSED the State Exam first try.  I was told there are some who take the test 2-4 times.  The company couldn't believe it when I told them what I did.  I can't sell the insurance until I get the license in hand then I will go out for field training so I'm a long way from getting on a paying basis.  Could be a couple months---that's why I don't count it as a job yet.  I'm not sure about being a sales person but I will do it if I have to.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2017, 11:34:54 AM »

I am awaiting a call so that I can have my port put in place.

Infusion starts next Tuesday.....on we go.

And now for what might be the most difficult part.
MEGA VIBES YOUR SIDE EFFECTS ARE MILD!

Danise

« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »

Bomb squad...

Wow.  Glad nothing bad happened.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »

It does sound like a big bonus.  Could you take in a roommate instead of having a second job?

Of course, major vibes you receive a job offer!
. Well, I guess I could let that guy know I changed my mind and I want to be his mistress.  ;) LOL
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2017, 11:38:14 AM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  I'm not sure.  I'll have to look into it but if I can get back with a government job I will have good health insurance, life insurance, eye, dental and so many other  benefits that makes it worth having the lower pay.  I do know if I go on disability, I would be restricted as to how many hours and how much I could earn.  I don't like that idea. 

Something else I didn't tell you all last night--part of the excuse to get me out the door was that I was "untrainable".  They had a new computer system that had 2 or 3 codes you could use for every action.  No matter which code I picked---you guessed it--I always picked the wrong one.  If I picked the code they said to use, it was wrong for the situation, if that same situation came up that was the wrong code to use because they changed their minds and the other code was the one to use.  Oy.

Anyway, one of the things I did was in my job hunt I found a life insurance company that was willing to pay for me to go to class and pay for me to get my life insurance FL license.  It was a 2 weekend class then you go sit for the state exam.  I'm "untrainable", remember? I knew almost zero about the different kinds of Life Insurance and how they work.   I took the class, made it a POINT to not study, sat for and PASSED the State Exam first try.  I was told there are some who take the test 2-4 times.  The company couldn't believe it when I told them what I did.  I can't sell the insurance until I get the license in hand then I will go out for field training so I'm a long way from getting on a paying basis.  Could be a couple months---that's why I don't count it as a job yet.  I'm not sure about being a sales person but I will do it if I have to.

This does not surprise me.  Does your lawyer think this will help prove your case?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up