Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SNAP, CRACKLE, AND POP  (Read 3374 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SNAP, CRACKLE, AND POP
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2017, 06:15:55 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2017, 06:43:09 AM »

T.O.D.

Just the basics:

Wheaties
Cheerios
Rice Krispies.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 06:44:31 AM »

I have spent almost an hour in automated phone system hell, cancelling Mom's supplemental health insurance and AARP membership.  Then I decided to call the business office at her retirement community, pressed 2 for the business office, and got connected to the voicemail of someone who left there earlier this summer.  I called back, pressed 1 for the operator, asked to speak to someone in the business office, and got the voicemail of someone who said she would be back in the office August 15.  Third time, the operator said, "She just hasn't changed her voicemail."  Ya think?   
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 06:54:26 AM »

I have nothing to report this morning.  I dreamed that Joshie, Rob Berman, and I were working on a Cole Porter recording in a space that looked like a high school library.

I hope that means one of us will win that lottery and fund that Jubilee recording

That would be nice.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2017, 06:54:46 AM »

I have noticed that some cereals have subtlety changed their names over the years. Sugar Frosted Flakes has become Frosted Flakes, Sugar Smacks has become Honey Smacks, Sugar Crisp is now Golden Crisp, Sugar Chex is now the long titled Honey Nut Naturally Flavored Chex, Sugar Pops evolved into Corn Pops and finally Sugar Rice Krinkles is now Frosted Rice Krinkles.

I knew a childhood favorite,  Super Pops, had changed their name but thought it had since been discontinued. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2017, 06:55:23 AM »

I have spent almost an hour in automated phone system hell, cancelling Mom's supplemental health insurance and AARP membership.  Then I decided to call the business office at her retirement community, pressed 2 for the business office, and got connected to the voicemail of someone who left there earlier this summer.  I called back, pressed 1 for the operator, asked to speak to someone in the business office, and got the voicemail of someone who said she would be back in the office August 15.  Third time, the operator said, "She just hasn't changed her voicemail."  Ya think?   

This brings back memories from 10 years ago!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2017, 06:57:08 AM »

I made my eclipse-viewing box this morning out of a Cherrie-O's box. Never one of my faves.

I hope I have a box of cereal  to make glasses with.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2017, 07:07:05 AM »

This brings back memories from 10 years ago!

For Richard, too, with his Mom...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2017, 07:46:33 AM »

I made my eclipse-viewing box this morning out of a Cherrie-O's box. Never one of my faves.

I hope I have a box of cereal  to make glasses with.

No glasses but a reflector.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2017, 07:59:44 AM »

Well, I've had two very productive phone calls this morning and the Ohio trip is on.  My brother Randy is lending me some money to get through my waiting on an invoice to be paid, the major reason I am currently flat.  My other problem was that I simply cannot afford at this time the $600+ car rental, and both Randy and our DR Ginny have volunteered to be my chauffeurs for my visit.  This is a huge relief.  Gasoline I can afford.

So look out, Ohio!

FJL

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2017, 08:05:50 AM »

Well, I've had two very productive phone calls this morning and the Ohio trip is on.  My brother Randy is lending me some money to get through my waiting on an invoice to be paid, the major reason I am currently flat.  My other problem was that I simply cannot afford at this time the $600+ car rental, and both Randy and our DR Ginny have volunteered to be my chauffeurs for my visit.  This is a huge relief.  Gasoline I can afford.

So look out, Ohio!

Great news, Larry!

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »

Wonderful, DR Elmore.

YAY! and thanks! and a tip o' the hat to DB Randy and our own DR Ginny!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2017, 08:20:30 AM »

Wonderful, DR Elmore.

I was never lucky in romance but I have been blessed with tremendous friends here, there and everywhere.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:22:28 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2017, 08:21:43 AM »

So look out, Ohio!

Great news, Larry!

Thanks, DR FJL!

John G.

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2017, 09:06:50 AM »

Excellent news, Elmore.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »

Trip vibes for DR ELMORE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2017, 09:15:37 AM »

TOD:

Sugar Pops
Sugar Smacks

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »

Wonderful, DR Elmore.

We are glad to help and very much looking forward to spending time with DR Elmore!

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »

I had just completed the phone call with DR Elmore when my phone rang again.  It was one of Mom's last living friends in Michigan, Betty, who was our next-door neighbor in Detroit from about 1960-68.  She's 96, which is closer to Mom's age than I'd thought, and we talked for almost an hour. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:28:28 AM by Ginny »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2017, 09:26:18 AM »

I had just completed the phone call with DR Elmore when my phone rang again.  It was one of Mom's last living friends in Michigan, Betty, who was our next-door neighbor in Detroit from about 1960-68.  She's 96, which was closer to Mom's age that I'd thought, and we talked for almost an hour. 

That's really lovely.

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2017, 09:28:50 AM »

I had just completed the phone call with DR Elmore when my phone rang again.  It was one of Mom's last living friends in Michigan, Betty, who was our next-door neighbor in Detroit from about 1960-68.  She's 96, which was closer to Mom's age that I'd thought, and we talked for almost an hour. 

That's really lovely.

It was lovely - and I've fixed my typos...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - maybe six hours of sleep.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »

I have an 85 year-old friend whose cancer has mestasized and could use some strong vibes.  Please think kindly of him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2017, 10:30:44 AM »

For almost two days now I can't see photos on Facebook - just white boxes - via Safari.  Never been a problem ever - I wrote them to no response, sent a screen capture, nothing.  Twice I've gone via Safari and the photos are back, but mostly they're gone.  Via Chrome, which I hate, I can see it all fine.  Anyone know what gives?

John G.

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2017, 10:50:06 AM »

For almost two days now I can't see photos on Facebook - just white boxes - via Safari.  Never been a problem ever - I wrote them to no response, sent a screen capture, nothing.  Twice I've gone via Safari and the photos are back, but mostly they're gone.  Via Chrome, which I hate, I can see it all fine.  Anyone know what gives?

Your Facebook stared too long at the eclipse?
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »

Good news that your trip is back on DR Elmore!  Vibes for your friend!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John G.

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2017, 10:50:44 AM »

Couldn't resist that one. Sorry. No groans at HHW.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2017, 10:54:10 AM »

Good news that your trip is back on DR Elmore!  Vibes for your friend!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much, DR Jennifer!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »

Since it's a quiet morning, I'll sneak this in for Eclipse Monday:  (adapted from the NY Times' New York Today article on dealing with seeing the eclipse in NYC)

tune of “That’s Amore”

When the moon slips and dips
To a solar eclipse - 
That's our Monday!
At a quarter to three
There’ll be something to see –
That's our Monday!

So get set, read it on the net, you will be upset
If the great moment passes
So let’s meet, see you on the street, but I must repeat
You should wear special glasses

When the moon blocks the sun
Such excitement and fun –
That's our Monday!
You should take a long lunch
Tell your boss thanks a bunch when he says:

“You can go, it’s okay
You can go out and play just this one day
Mind the light, it’s all right, but please work late tonight”
That's our Monday!

That's great, Fred!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2017, 11:01:09 AM »

So look out, Ohio!

That's great, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up