Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GARAGE ADVENTURE BEGINS  (Read 4869 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE GARAGE ADVENTURE BEGINS
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2017, 10:11:04 AM »

Have just returned from lunch at the Edgefield Pool Room where I dined on two delicious hamburgers and some fries with my mother, my Aunt Doris and childhood friend Joan Timmerman King and her husband Michael.  Lot of their friends were there, as well.   It was a fun lunch time.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2017, 10:11:29 AM »

Looks like page 3, to coin a previously turned phrase.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »

My "Fuller at Fox" set was in today's mail.

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2017, 10:16:13 AM »

When I moved here from L.A. in 1989, I had already learned of North Shore Animal League through -- I think -- their advertisements in TV GUIDE, and I'd even made some small contributions from out there.

A year later, after I'd gotten well settled into my apartment and life in general here, I decided it was time for a kitten or two.  I never gave it any thought, I just hopped in the car and drove down to Lawn Guyland and up to Port Washington, and spent an amazing couple of hours at North Shore looking at all the cats that were there that day.  I'd already prepped the jernt with a litter box in anticipation of having success there, and sure enough, I did.  I had no idea what I was in for because I'd never adopted from any place like that, but all went well and that night I had two of the most adorable little girls living with me, who would be wonderful companions for the next 17 and 18 years.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2017, 10:17:15 AM »

BK, I am also a NON-fan of chicken Marsala.  Every time I've tried it, it seemed like rubbery chicken being smothered in a not-so-tasty sauce.

ChasSmith

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2017, 10:18:01 AM »

I have to go to this pet event uptown soon, but I just fell in love with this Siamese mix on Craig's List.

Beautiful!  I've now had several varieties of cats, but never a Siamese -- and I know I'd love one.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2017, 10:18:11 AM »

When I moved here from L.A. in 1989, I had already learned of North Shore Animal League through -- I think -- their advertisements in TV GUIDE, and I'd even made some small contributions from out there.

A year later, after I'd gotten well settled into my apartment and life in general here, I decided it was time for a kitten or two.  I never gave it any thought, I just hopped in the car and drove down to Lawn Guyland and up to Port Washington, and spent an amazing couple of hours at North Shore looking at all the cats that were there that day.  I'd already prepped the jernt with a litter box in anticipation of having success there, and sure enough, I did.  I had no idea what I was in for because I'd never adopted from any place like that, but all went well and that night I had two of the most adorable little girls living with me, who would be wonderful companions for the next 17 and 18 years.

Awww!  :D

ChasSmith

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2017, 10:19:36 AM »

BK, I am also a NON-fan of chicken Marsala.  Every time I've tried it, it seemed like rubbery chicken being smothered in a not-so-tasty sauce.

I can go along with this as well.  I love chicken prepared in any number of ways, but Marsala rarely sounds, or looks, like my kind of thing.

ChasSmith

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »

Awww!  :D

When I have time to dig them out, I'll scan their baby pictures with them still wearing their tags from North Shore.

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2017, 10:29:58 AM »

DR Elmore, since you've changed your mind about going over there tomorrow, how about I show up around 1 pm?  Or just name a time that's best. 

I've decided to take the train in, and I can carry the gold in one of my trusty canvas bags.  The other person I was going to see (it's not a visit, they're just returning something to me) will meet me at Grand Central later.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2017, 10:43:31 AM »

DR Jennifer I apologize for not commenting on your butterflies last night.  Ithe is interesting and I am sure you are enjoying them 😊

I am obsessed with them. I didn't realize that they would be leaving this week. We have super warm temps scheduled for another 4 days (like 90s). So I am going to make sure to go to the lake to see them as many times as I can.

Please share some of your beautiful lake photos here.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2017, 10:44:42 AM »

Jennifer, I loved the painted ladies. I hope I see some butterflies in the backyard this fall.

I was shocked this morning to find that my Mexican love vine, which I thought had died in last winter's really deep freezes, is growing again. When it flowers, it attracts butterflies, moths, bees and hummingbirds alike.

It will bring you joy again :)

Jane

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2017, 10:45:29 AM »

I have to go to this pet event uptown soon, but I just fell in love with this Siamese mix on Craig's List.

Awwwwww.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2017, 10:46:55 AM »

DR Elmore, since you've changed your mind about going over there tomorrow, how about I show up around 1 pm?  Or just name a time that's best. 

I've decided to take the train in, and I can carry the gold in one of my trusty canvas bags.  The other person I was going to see (it's not a visit, they're just returning something to me) will meet me at Grand Central later.

That's fine.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »

This is a nice story.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »

Jennifer, I loved the painted ladies. I hope I see some butterflies in the backyard this fall.

I was shocked this morning to find that my Mexican love vine, which I thought had died in last winter's really deep freezes, is growing again. When it flowers, it attracts butterflies, moths, bees and hummingbirds alike.

Congrats on your Mexican love vine growing again, John!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »

All the pictures of the kittens are so cute!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2017, 10:54:15 AM »

Beautiful!  I've now had several varieties of cats, but never a Siamese -- and I know I'd love one.

My parents had a stray Siamese.  My niece, who was probably four years old at the time, named her Happy, "Because she's a happy kitty!" :)

Jane

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2017, 11:18:26 AM »

I am loving ALL of the kitty pictures!

And I loved the story from DR CHAS SMITH....I am tempted....yes I am....but I think it's too soon yet.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2017, 12:06:04 PM »

Well, I must be off.  I'm going to my parents' house for our weekly family dinner (we missed last week's dinner, though).

George

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2017, 12:06:19 PM »

Then this evening, I'm volunteering for The Washington Center for the Performing Arts' CENTER STAGE AWARDS & GALA.  At some point, I'm supposed to help during the live auction, but I don't exactly know how.  We'll see when I get there!

George

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2017, 12:06:40 PM »

Until later.

Have a good day, all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »

Had an omelet and a bagel and then had part one of the garage adventure.  My back is now so sore - not from lifting, but from standing and going through a TON of boxes - we threw away at least fifteen boxes of crap - some stuff I'm keeping is going to the storage facility.  But holy moley on rye, some of the stuff I found is amazing - lots of Bay Cities correspondence that I only wish I'd had last week because I would have used at least one of the many Claus Ogerman letters I found.  I found even more letters from Robert Ward, a couple from Ernest Gold, Jack Beeson and one incredible note from her nibs Georgia Gibbs.  Stuff from Tony Walton and Byrd, Claibe Richardson - just faboo.  I think for the Indiegogo campaign I'll put up one or two of my original scripts for TV shows I did - do you think those would sell?  Fun, but I'm exhausted.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »

I think scripts would ALWAYS sell!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2017, 03:54:39 PM »

Weather wise we are having a perfect day.  I am back into shorts and a t-shirt without being hot.

Laura

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2017, 04:06:48 PM »

We are expecting temperatures in the 90's for the next five days....so there's not much else to do.

We are too. And it is glorious!!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2017, 04:12:22 PM »

Good afternoon.

Wae-Ling and I spent the day at a nature event manning the butterfly table. So many small children.

Laura

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2017, 04:15:06 PM »

We get painted ladies here. I think they are native to pretty much all of the United States.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »

While in shock that the word dotard is confusing to many I find this quote funny.
“By making people look up the word #dotard, Kim Jong Un has done more for American education than Betsy DeVos,”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up