Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS  (Read 56504 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS
« on: January 01, 2005, 11:59:02 PM »

Ell, you've read the notes, you know there is one less veil to answer, one less egg to fry, and now it is time for you to post until the veiled cows come home.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 11:59:31 PM by bk »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 12:05:02 AM »

Has anyone noticed it doesn't feel like Sunday?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 12:09:36 AM »

I have.  I have noticed that it does not feel like a Sunday, hence I will not be brunching, but I shall be munching, oh, yes, I shall be munching.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 12:15:10 AM »

So what is Sunday supposed to feel like?  And does Sunday mind being felt up?? ::) ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 12:20:44 AM »

Sunday - like the blue, purple yellow green water.

George

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 12:27:20 AM »

I think I've posted this before (it's been quite a while, if I have...I'm too lazy to check), but it's entirely relevant to the current conversaton:

SUNDAY
Written by Miller, Conn, Styne, Kreuger

I'm blue every Monday
Thinking only of Sunday
That's one day when I'm with you
It seems I sigh all day Tuesday
I cry all day Wednesday
Oh my how I long for you

And then comes Thursday, gee it's long it never goes by
Friday makes me feel like I'm gonna die
But after payday it's my fun day
I shine all day Sunday
That's one day when I'm with you
Wanna see you next Sunday!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 12:37:51 AM »

Was I being excoriated to post earlier?  

George

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2005, 12:47:16 AM »

No one can accuse me of being a Wussburger!  So, I'm going to sleep.  Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 12:55:12 AM »

Yes, of course excoriation was going on.  Ever since I learned that I excoriated I feel it my solemn duty to excoriate at every opportunity.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 12:57:20 AM »

Here's a news bulletin: I got very tired of the slowness I was having on various Internet sites - so, I opened up IE and went via that browser, and guess what?  Faaaaaaast.  No slowness whatsover.  So, what does this teach me?  AOL is ridiculous.  Slow, lethargic and most annoying, and if it wouldn't be such a chore to change my e-mail address, I'd just nuke AOL at long last.  But, it's too complex to deal with for various reasons.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 02:05:43 AM »

Better a dance of seven veils than a dance of seven voles.  Not that I have anything against those little rodents, not really, but terpsichorially they aren't the best bodied around.  I mean, they're stout.  Round.  Rolly-poly.  Portly.  If they're driving along a country road and their car suddenly gets a flat, they have no trouble finding a spare tire.  Get my meaning?

That, and if they're going to dance around like that, they should hire a decent choreographer.  They look like a bunch of lemmings.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2005, 02:45:57 AM »

Sorry about being e&t yesterday, but I've come down with a dratted cold, the sort that makes my throat raspy and chest burn.  Bleh.

Der B and I had a marvy New Years Eve at our favorite restaurant, Cafe Zeus.  Owners Charles and John were hard-pressed, due to the disappearance of some of their staff (one in the kitchen, one on the floor, and their entertainment), but everything came off very very well.

Since it was a special NYE dinner, Charles and sous Cliff had most everything well in hand, so the kitchen never lagged.  And General Manager Robert dragooned his lover, Scott, into helping bus dishes.

First came the appetizer course, with a nice piece of seared fois gras, a chorizo-stuffed mushroom cap, and some roasted brie.  For the soup, der B had the lobster bisque, while I tried the potato and shallot, which had a nice kick to it provided by some fresh peppers.  This was followed by a bit of roast duck with a raspberry/lemon sauce (der B) or a tasty shrimp and lobster Newberg (moi).

A little palate-clensing lemon sherbet provided a break before the meat course, a choice between prime rib (for me) or venison (for he).  A nice mixed-greens salad  with apples, Roquefort and almonds was the fifth course, and then came the dessert.  I had the chocolate truffle mousse, der B had the roasted pears in pastry, and they were both wonderful.

Now, about that entertainment.  Something like around one in the afternoon, the singer (and combo) called to announce that she wouldn't be singing that night.  John was on the frantic side, but Charles (in the midst of all his cheffing) told him to go through their cards and check on the Internet to see if anyone was available.  As it happened, a woman who had worked with them before was free and in town.  In fact, she had just flown back in from Los Angeles.  However, Viki Dee (for such was and is her name) didn't have her keyboards with her, or any of her music, and she'd broken her foot.  No problem, she could sing sitting down and John was able to scrape together a kareoke machine at the last minute.  And, as they always do at such times, it all came magically together and she was wonderful and her music was wonderful and...

And the clock hands came together and with glasses of champagne everybody toasted in the new year.  John and Charles' two black Labs came bounding in, joyously welcoming everyone and sticking their noses where only dogs can get away with sticking.  

They'll be closed for the next couple of months, business being very slow until mid-March.  Charles will be testing new recipe ideas on John, Robert is heading to Colorado to attend butler school (which der B and I predict will turn him into a combination of Lurch and Joan Rivers), and we'll just have to find a different hang-out until they open again.

And I should be rid of this cold by then.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2005, 03:01:35 AM »

And as for fast browsers - I would also suggest Mozilla.org

You can keep your email in  Outlook if you like!

THE OPPOSITE SEX in widescreen is on TDM right now!  And Stereo!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2005, 04:02:24 AM »

Hello, DR Hisaka!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2005, 04:04:48 AM »

I have a question - in a movie such as THE OPPOSITE SEX - all those old musicals - when a choreographer staged a number - did he do the whole number even including the sections of the dance when there would be cutaways to the audience - or close ups of just certain main performers?

Did he decide or did the director or editor decide when the cuts would come?

Some of the cuts in the title tune were obviously made because what the performers were doing could NEVER be accomplished on a stage - but what about the "stage" numbers?

What the hell am I talking about?

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 04:13:44 AM »

I wasn't able to sleep, so I got up and found THIS. Hmmm. It may take me a year or two to get used to it. It seems like fun... I guess. I think I'll either go back to bed or have an early bowl of oatmeal.... Wasn't that a scintillating post?

DR PANNI: Have I mistaken you?! ??? If so, could you tell me what this THIS mean? I thought this THIS means this board.   :-\ ???

mrkdl73

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005, 06:09:55 AM »

Happy New Year everybody!  I have been e&t once again and I thought I'd start the New Year off my posting and I'm already a day late.  I spent the first day of 2005 driving 12 hours in my car to Illinois.  Thankfully along the way I could listen to some cd's I got for Christmas:  Lost In Boston II and Unsung Musicals II; I'm trying to catch up on those collections.

Today I start rehearsals for JOSEPH/DREAMCOAT, not one of my favorite shows, but I'm happy to be working.  For three months at least.

Best wishes to all in the New Year!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 06:47:29 AM »

Three months of JOSEPH won't be so bad, especially since a paycheck is included!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2005, 06:49:15 AM »

MR BK - I think I found where your veil went!

:o

« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 06:49:58 AM by JRand54 »

Danise

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2005, 07:18:25 AM »

Hi all!

I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of Honey Lemon Ginseng tea with honey and a bit of cream.  Very yummy.

I don't know if I've said it on line--I know I've thought about it.  Can't remember typing it.  They should come up with a tea house like they have the coffee houses.  There are just as many (if not more) flavors of tea as there is coffee.    It would give old StarBucks a run for their money.

No avitar, in case you noticed.  I tried to put the dragon one back but it wouldn't work for some reason.  Also it seems I have changed computers since I posted that last photo of me because I couldn't find that one either.

I don't have time to recrop the photo and post it right now so I shall be blank until this afternoon when I get home and have time to mess with coming up with something new.

Must run I have the usual shopping to do for doggie food/treats (some human food as well) then I am going to see POTO the movie.  I shall let you know what I thought when I return.

Have a good one!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2005, 07:59:46 AM »

Today I start rehearsals for JOSEPH/DREAMCOAT, not one of my favorite shows, but I'm happy to be working.  For three months at least.

I think it is probably my least favorite popular show of all time. I really have never liked it, even before it was so overproduced as a cash cow for every high school, college, and community theater in the land. Oh, I know others adore it, but its charms have ALWAYS escaped me.

Glad you have the work, however.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2005, 08:00:36 AM »

I know it is Sunday because my newspaper came with about twelve pounds of advertising inserts and I shall be having bagels mit lox for breakfast.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2005, 08:03:07 AM »

It's going to be an atypical Sunday for me. I'm going to pick a friend up at the airport this afternoon, and then we're heading to my favorite Chinese buffet for dinner. I've been looking forward to that all week.

I guess will be trying to finish up the rest of the DICK VAN DYKE Season 4 boxed set. These are some REALLY funny shows.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2005, 08:33:51 AM »

I know it is Sunday because my newspaper came with about twelve pounds of advertising inserts and I shall be having bagels mit lox for breakfast.

DRJay, I love bagel mit lox!  I'll be right over!  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2005, 08:56:30 AM »

Here's a news bulletin: I got very tired of the slowness I was having on various Internet sites - so, I opened up IE and went via that browser, and guess what?  Faaaaaaast.  No slowness whatsover.  So, what does this teach me?  AOL is ridiculous.  Slow, lethargic and most annoying, and if it wouldn't be such a chore to change my e-mail address, I'd just nuke AOL at long last.  But, it's too complex to deal with for various reasons.

I always browse the web via IE alone rather than the IE embedded in AOL.  Too much other stuff happening in the background on AOL while you browse - most unseemly.  Additionally, you can't use some of the IE shortcuts in AOL.  My favorite is using the F11 key to toggle back and forth between Full Screen Mode.  Comes in handy when the website you're browsing is very wide and/or "tall".  You can also configure your hot button and Favorites/History/etc. with this function so that the menus "go away" when you're looking at the page in question.  And then once you drag your mouse back to the left, the menus "slide" back in.  -Did that make sense?

My other favorite shortcut is the Ctrl-Enter macro.  When you want to bring up a website that has a standard web address of www.____.com, all you have to do is type in the main name of the website - the ____ part - in the address window, then hit Ctrl and Enter, and it automatically "fills in" the http://www. and .com part. of the URL.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2005, 08:58:04 AM »

Happy New Year everybody!  I have been e&t once again and I thought I'd start the New Year off my posting and I'm already a day late.  I spent the first day of 2005 driving 12 hours in my car to Illinois.  Thankfully along the way I could listen to some cd's I got for Christmas:  Lost In Boston II and Unsung Musicals II; I'm trying to catch up on those collections.

Best wishes to all in the New Year!

DR mkrdl 73 - Are you back at Circa '21?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2005, 08:58:13 AM »

George now I shall have to take a visit to Fred Meyer.

Sandra the pizza looks good enough to eat for breakfast.

Matt H I don’t bake much anymore because I am the one who eats most of it.  Keith has far more willpower than I do.

RLP thank you for your cornbread recipe.  :D I’m looking forward to baking some.

TCB I hope you are feeling better by now.

Bruce congratulations on reaching 8,000.  
If they ever open a Trader Joe’s here I shall try the cornbread, along with their blintzes I hear are very good.

Panni how was the pig?  I’m so impressed you managed to save it so long, which shows how much it meant to you.
I think your New Year resolution to eat healthier is great, to me that also means munching all day on healthy food, not junk.  

Bruce for some people, like myself, three meals a day is not the way to eat.  I need to eat small amount throughout they day to keep my body balanced.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2005, 09:01:55 AM »

Well, even though it doesn't feel like a Sunday, I KNOW it is a Sunday since I will be heading back to Richmond tonight after the tonight's show.  Day off tomorrow - which is a Monday.  Of course, "normal" people get two full days off a week, usually a Saturday and a Sunday.  However, renegades and pioneers like myself only get one full day off a week.  And it's usually a Monday.

Hmm... I may have to rethink my line of work...  Hmm...

In any case... It actually does feel like a Sunday since the local NPR station is playing some of the syndicated shows that I don't like too much.  I'd prefer music to accompany my Sunday morning rather than talk and musings.  -And some strangely loud and "inappropriate" music used for the bumpers.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2005, 09:06:48 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Well, like I mentioned previously, it does feel like a Sunday.  And it better be a Sunday so I can head back home to Richmond tonight.  I have lots of stuff planned for tomorrow in Richmond.  As long as I don't sleep in, I should get everything accomplished, as well as have some "social time" in the evening.

I, too, have been fighting off a cold, albeit a small, slight one.  But it may just be my allergies too - I swear this is something in my parents' house I'm allergic too - I know, I know, I've said that before.  -I do know that there seems to be a lot of dust in this house, so that could be it.  In any case, I just hope the runny nose abates by the time I get back to my apartment in Richmond tonight....

OK.. I'm ramblin', ramblin', ramblin'....

I got a show to do... Well, two shows to do today...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2005, 09:07:59 AM »

But before I go, I'd like to introduce...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up