Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: BOXING DAY  (Read 3174 times)

ChasSmith

Re: BOXING DAY
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 07:22:36 AM »

Page 2?

Dare I ask what's to come on Page 2?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 07:52:22 AM »

Congrats on the successful (if small audienced) Robert Yacko show!

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 07:53:47 AM »

TOD:

Yes, I have thought about it many times.....and have done a few mini purges from time to time....mostly clothes.

The problem is....and it always happens....if I have kept something for many years without using or wearing it....if I get rid of it....within a month, I need it......for one reason or another.....

It sure seems that way, especially after a move.

Jane

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »

Oh, oh DR Chas.  I hope you get someone out quickly who knows how to remove the tree properly.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2017, 08:15:38 AM »

Good morning, all. And happy Monday vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2017, 08:17:27 AM »

DR JohnG, the Maguire Sisters were from Middletown.  One of them - Phyllis, I think - dated my Uncle Paul when they were in high school. 

I vaguely remember that from my time there. They were never my favorites, but I enjoyed the heck out of that Subways album. Glad somebody posted it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2017, 08:20:54 AM »

If anyone else wants to give it a listen, go to the Cast Recordings Page on Facebook. Under Files, there’s a whole slew of files, including Shogun the EP, a single from Got Tu Go Disco and a few British shows. I started to listen to something called Mr. and Mrs., based on two Noel Coward one acts with John Neville and Honor Blackman.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 08:24:06 AM »

Glad to hear the R. Yacko show went so well!

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 08:53:51 AM »

Oh, oh DR Chas.  I hope you get someone out quickly who knows how to remove the tree properly.

In this case, the tree removal is nothing.  It's of a size we can cut up and get rid of ourselves, and the stump is no issue.  I'll post some photographic evidence later. 

What I want is for them to take charge of the inspecting and repairs so that it's all done right.  If the tree isn't one we can use for firewood (I'm not sure) then their removing it would be welcome, too.  But in this particular case it's only the condition of the house that's of concern.

ChasSmith

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 09:23:48 AM »

Claim made.  It's not an "emergency" so they'll be coming out within three days to inspect.

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2017, 09:24:21 AM »

Oy!

Amy

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2017, 09:25:31 AM »

TOD:
Considering the home I have now is the biggest place I've ever lived in and it's also where I've lived the longest, I have accumulated waaaay too much stuff, especially in the garage. What would take months is sorting out what I use from what I don't use. I don't plan to do that until I'm 90 and forced to move into assisted living. And then I'll probably hire someone to do it.

Amy

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2017, 09:29:19 AM »

Robert Yacko's show was spectacular last night! Lots of Sondheim, which I loved. I especially enjoyed "The Road You Didn't Take," which isn't done very often. "Bury Me a Little" was also another favorite for me. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2017, 10:04:28 AM »

This TOD is too big for me to handle.   :)

But yes, I often want to chuck it.  Not all of it.  But a lot of it.  I've done a few purges, and want to do many more.  One large one took place around six years ago, and since that time I've only found a dozen or so things in the realm of books, music, etc., that I regret having gotten rid of.  So, not bad.  Some years ago I dumped a piece of furniture I'd love to have back.  And so it goes...

Lots more to whittle down, though.  Lots.  And at this moment, I don't have anything more brilliant than that to add...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2017, 10:08:07 AM »

I'm up, I'm - eight hours of sleep - if our Kritzerland rehearsal wasn't unusually early I could have slept much longer.

John G.

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2017, 10:37:34 AM »

TOD:

I am not a minimalist. I am not a minimalist.

This is my mantra. I have 27 bookcases in my house and not enough space for my books.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »

Thanks, DR Amy, for the notes on Robert Yacko’s Show. Did he do anything from Women on the Verge ...? I see he’s starring in a reading of that soon.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »

Nothing from Women on the Verge - the newest song in the show is from The Last Five Years.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2017, 12:00:22 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  Rebecca and I had a Starbucks visit this morning, after which I went to Lebanon to exchange one of the items I’d bought at Kay’s Shoppe earlier this month.  They’re sold out, of course, so now we’re waiting for a special order.  The mix-up was totally the owner’s fault and she was very apologetic.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2017, 12:01:36 PM »

Oh, dear, DR ChasSmith, sorry to hear about the tree and the damage to the house.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »

Jane

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2017, 12:05:49 PM »

Robert Yacko's show was spectacular last night! Lots of Sondheim, which I loved. I especially enjoyed "The Road You Didn't Take," which isn't done very often. "Bury Me a Little" was also another favorite for me. 

I always enjoy your reports.  I am not surprised his show was spectacular.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »

Bruce, is this supposed to be "house"?
"While the boxing was going on, the helper’s husband and I did a run to the new hours"

Jane

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2017, 12:19:36 PM »

Growing up with my English mother we regularly had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.  It was the same as the prime rib and Yorkshire pudding at Lawry's, only better.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 12:38:28 PM »

That's right.  A tree fell.

It was one that we'd seen dying just this year and we were planning to have it removed.  Well, now we don't have to do that.  It removed itself.

The only issue being that it removed itself in the direction of the house, and it swiped the gutters.  They're easily replaced, of course, but it's also at a place where there are skylights over the kitchen area, and it had obviously compromised a seal somewhere because there was a little bit of water there this morning.  I have no idea what the extent of the repairs will be, but I'm letting the insurance handle it. 

In fact, I'll be calling Mr. Insurance Man.....

That's terrible!  Hopefully, it's all resolved and fixed quickly!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »

Bruce, is this supposed to be "house"?
"While the boxing was going on, the helper’s husband and I did a run to the new hours"

I'm pretty sure he meant "horse."
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »

Prime rib is a roast beef. A really good roast beef. And expensive.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »

It is past noon and my windows are still open. I don't think that has happened since last April.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

FJL

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »

Hoping all turns out OK, Chas!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2017, 03:11:14 PM »

Where is everyone?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up