Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: VACUUMING THE PLAY  (Read 5698 times)

Laura

Re: VACUUMING THE PLAY
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2017, 08:17:44 AM »

I don't remember, Jane. We had some foster cats that failed adoptions that we got stuck with. We didn't intentionally add any.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2017, 08:26:05 AM »

Our dog Belle followed us home.  Our cat My Sin (as in the perfume) walked into our apartment.

Laura

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2017, 08:40:09 AM »

"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2017, 08:40:22 AM »

Like I said, Elmore, if Annabelle gets out, someone will be able to have her scanned for the chip. 

I know, but I still wanted a collar and tag with info.  Hopefully, she will never get out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Amy

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »

TOD:
It's been popular for a while to deep fry everything at state fairs, like deep-fried Twinkies or deep fried Oreo cookies. I think I did try a fried Twinkie once. It was basically a Twinkie coated in funnel cake. It's really much too sweet.
I do love fried calamari. And there used to be a restaurant in Santa Monica that had extraordinary fish and chips where the batter was like netting and wasn't greasy at all. I've never found any other place that could make it like that.

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I have to been to what used to be the VFW hall on Central Avenue for the annual Kiwanis pancake breakfast.  Our friends Katie and Mike came in as we were finishing our breakfast and sat down with us.  They were gone most of October on a trip to Africa, so we heard a lot about that and saw some of their pictures.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »

TOD - When I was a student in Ann Arbor, the Bagel Factory on South University served something called a Fragel - a deep fried bagel coated with cinnamon sugar.  It was heavenly!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2017, 08:57:42 AM »

Now I have to deliver Sue's donations to the Holiday Bazaar venue - bye for now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2017, 09:07:43 AM »

I'm up, I had to run out and get some Tide for she of the Evil Eye and shortly I'll go do some stuff, including perhaps a quick breakfast since I won't have time to have any food until seven tonight.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »

Last week, my friend Betzy asked if I wanted to have breakfast / lunch on Saturday.  Last night she confirmed the time we would meet.  Twenty minutes ago, she texted me to cancel.  Hmmm.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2017, 10:39:55 AM »

Now, I am hungry!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2017, 10:52:03 AM »

Back from bacon and eggs, banking, and picking up the last few days of mail at the mail place.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2017, 10:59:53 AM »

Like I said, Elmore, if Annabelle gets out, someone will be able to have her scanned for the chip. 

I know, but I still wanted a collar and tag with info.  Hopefully, she will never get out.

I understand you wanting her to have a collar, and unfortunately many people don't know to scan for a chip.  Awareness is growing and any shelter or rescue group would check for one, as would a vet if she were to be taken in as a rescue. 

Fortunately it would be difficult for her to get all the way out of your building.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2017, 11:01:06 AM »

I watched the first act of PRESENT LAUGHTER.....almost didn't make it through the first several minutes because of the horrible, incompetent Tedra Millan as Daphne.....

I was sort of dreading sitting through the awful Cobie Smulders anyway, so I turned it off.....

Everyone else I saw was great!  I like the director's name Moritz von Stuelpnagel - is that a real person or a nom de plume?

I didn't mind Cobie Smulders as Joanna, but I really didn't care for Kristine Nielsen as Monica.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2017, 11:01:09 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I have to been to what used to be the VFW hall on Central Avenue for the annual Kiwanis pancake breakfast.  Our friends Katie and Mike came in as we were finishing our breakfast and sat down with us.  They were gone most of October on a trip to Africa, so we heard a lot about that and saw some of their pictures.

Please ask if they took malaria pills and if they had a reaction.  Also, which ones they took. 

Yes, we are going to Africa :)

FJL

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2017, 11:01:53 AM »

Close the damned door!

I do love that ad where the guy who's becoming more and more like his father says "Close the door; what are you trying to do, air-condition the whole neighborhood?

Jane

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »

TOD - When I was a student in Ann Arbor, the Bagel Factory on South University served something called a Fragel - a deep fried bagel coated with cinnamon sugar.  It was heavenly!

I have had fried bagels, and they were called fried bagels-lol  They also had cinnamon sugar on them.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2017, 11:02:39 AM »

Close the damned door!

I do love that ad where the guy who's becoming more and more like his father says "Close the door; what are you trying to do, air-condition the whole neighborhood?

;D

FJL

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2017, 11:02:50 AM »

Congratulations to your parents, Fred, on their 65th anniversary!

Many thanks, John! 

FJL

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »

Welcome back, DR FJL!

Thanks, Larry!  It was great to be there, but also great to be back!    The only part i don't care for is the actual traveling.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2017, 11:12:13 AM »

Happy Anniversary to the parents of DR FJL.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2017, 11:22:51 AM »

Please ask if they took malaria pills and if they had a reaction.  Also, which ones they took. 

DR Jane, I will see Katie on Monday when she picks me up for Current Events Club and will ask her then.  I do know they were with Collette Tours, a company they've used several times for trips to exotic locales.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2017, 11:23:49 AM »

Last week, my friend Betzy asked if I wanted to have breakfast / lunch on Saturday.  Last night she confirmed the time we would meet.  Twenty minutes ago, she texted me to cancel.  Hmmm.

DR TCB, I hope Betzy's OK...

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2017, 11:24:22 AM »

Anniversary greetings to DR FJL's parents!

FJL

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »

Happy Anniversary to the parents of DR FJL.

Thank you, TCB!!!

FJL

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2017, 11:50:30 AM »

Anniversary greetings to DR FJL's parents!

Thank you, Ginny!!!

Jane

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »

Welcome back, DR FJL!

Thanks, Larry!  It was great to be there, but also great to be back!    The only part i don't care for is the actual traveling.

Flying is not fun.  To share such a special occasion with your parents is indeed a very special gift.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »

DR Jane, I will see Katie on Monday when she picks me up for Current Events Club and will ask her then.  I do know they were with Collette Tours, a company they've used several times for trips to exotic locales.

Thanks.  I am not familiar with that company.

Our trip is planned and we have been vaccinated like crazy ;D

My one concern is that I will get sick from the malaria meds.  Keith is currently doing a 3 day test run.  I will do the same once he is done.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »

We were supposed to go to Madagascar which unfortunately has been dropped due to an outbreak of the Plague.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up