Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LUGGING AND LIFTING  (Read 2657 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: LUGGING AND LIFTING
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2017, 12:06:01 PM »

So, I’m a shut-in and I get an email for 30% off Schwann’s home delivery of ice cream. Not nice.

I had to look them up. Does it arrive by post or a delivery truck?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2017, 12:08:45 PM »

So, I’m a shut-in and I get an email for 30% off Schwann’s home delivery of ice cream. Not nice.

Schwan's Home Delivery comes to my work every two weeks.  It's a delivery truck.  They're good, but a little pricey, but that's because it's a delivery service. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2017, 12:10:34 PM »

Truck. Schwann’s has a beautiful delivery truck.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »

Just read my first bad review of Murder on the Orient Express.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2017, 12:11:48 PM »

And your problem is.... ??

Diabetes.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »

And your problem is.... ??

Diabetes.

That doesn't stop me.  They do have some low carb stuff.  Most of their meats, of course.  And for some things, I just have less than the posted serving size to keep it all under a certain amount of carbs.

George

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2017, 12:26:50 PM »

...but that's just what I do. ;)

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2017, 12:32:17 PM »

A check!  It wasn't mailed until last Friday.  I was led to believe it was mailed last Tuesday.

Whew!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2017, 12:33:58 PM »

I now have 18 cute sandwich-size baggies with snowmen on them, each filled with about 2 cups of caramel corn.  Those should sell well at the bazaar...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »

No word about Thatch, which puzzles me.  I've been moving things around to make a place for him and curiosity is driving Annabelle crazy.  She knows something's up.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:42:14 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2017, 12:49:41 PM »

Schwan's Home Delivery comes to my work every two weeks.  It's a delivery truck.  They're good, but a little pricey, but that's because it's a delivery service. :)

I have been a Schwan's customer for many years.  We like their frozen salmon, apple pies, multigrain mini loaves of bread, and some other things.  I used to order in advance online, but they had some reliability issues here and I'd get a phone call or text saying they weren't going to be able to fulfill what I'd ordered.  That happened one Thanksgiving when I was counting on one of the apple pies, so I just stopped ordering ahead and will see if the driver has what I need when he or she rings the bell.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2017, 12:58:38 PM »

I've now left a phone message about Thatch.  This is all most puzzling.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »

I have been a Schwan's customer for many years.  We like their frozen salmon, apple pies, multigrain mini loaves of bread, and some other things.  I used to order in advance online, but they had some reliability issues here and I'd get a phone call or text saying they weren't going to be able to fulfill what I'd ordered.  That happened one Thanksgiving when I was counting on one of the apple pies, so I just stopped ordering ahead and will see if the driver has what I need when he or she rings the bell.

They've changed the way they do things (at least, with our local Schwan's delivery).  If you wait to order/choose when they get here, they impose a $5 delivery charge per order.  If you preorder online, the delivery charge is only $1.75.  However, if you preorder at least $50 online (and that has to be the total after any discounts and coupons), that fee is waved entirely.  I rarely order $50 worth, and I don't order every time they come, but I have been trying to order online so that I at least don't have the extra $3.25 part of the delivery fee.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2017, 01:26:42 PM »

Carol was running late.  She's a good lady. I now have to head uptown to pick up Thatch at Dykeman Street.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2017, 02:10:18 PM »

I have been informed by the Equity office in Chicago that the name Thatch is already taken, so I will have to go back to my old name.

Good news about the check DR ELMORE.

Thanks for the answer MR BK - interesting.....maybe James is planning on using it as his final home when he retires from the hurly burly of the silver screen.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »

Time for a nap.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2017, 03:00:53 PM »

I managed to get in 8.5 hours of work today.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2017, 03:55:44 PM »

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »

I have been informed by the Equity office in Chicago that the name Thatch is already taken, so I will have to go back to my old name.

;D

John G.

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »

Nap too short.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2017, 04:30:45 PM »

I asked Val to bring the carrier into the apartment, and as soon as Annabelle became aware there was a little cat inside, she started rolling around, almost flirting with Thatch, and then she tried to find a way into the carrier.  Thatch started hissing and acting alarmed, as she climbed all over it looking for a way inside.   So, I took Thatch out of the carrier and he and Annabelle faced each other and she watched him with much curiosity .  There was no hostility, absolutely none, just a mutual casing of the other.  she's now eating and he's finally come out from under the cat tree.

I'm going to let him roam for a bit and get his bearings.  He's a very docile kitten, and really sweet.  When his foster parents put him into my carrier, he was absolutely quiet while I filled out the paper work.  His sister and the other fostered cat came to the carrier and said goodbye, then his sister, perhaps smelling Annabelle on my shoes and pants, played with my shoe laces.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:38:18 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2017, 04:32:56 PM »

He's now roaming about the apartment and Annabelle seems to be trailing him out of curiosity.  He hid behind the toilet when I came into the bathroom and Annabelle got on the toilet seat and reached her paw down and stroked his head. I hope we are going to be fine.

John G.

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2017, 04:54:16 PM »

Sounds nice, Elmore. Playmates.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »

And the sparks just flew.  I think he's afraid of her and the new space so he lashes back at her attempts to make friends.  This will be interesting.

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2017, 04:57:07 PM »

"The Adventures of Annabelle and Thatch."  Love reading about them!

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2017, 04:58:44 PM »

To my delight, a request for two pops orchestrations came from London this morning.  This will keep me busy for the next week.  I also received a scan of the new digitized score for the overture to How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying.

Still, keep those check vibes coming!

More check vibes for DR elmore!

KevinH

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2017, 05:01:15 PM »

My sister-in-law in Buffalo loves Schwan's.  I never see trucks in my area so I'm not sure it's available here.

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2017, 05:01:37 PM »

Only a couple more...

KevinH

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2017, 05:01:49 PM »

One more...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up