Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FINDING THE FLOW AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US  (Read 4469 times)

Michael

Re: FINDING THE FLOW AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 05:37:45 AM »

I found this site a few weeks after it went up. I've had up and downs here. But have come back.
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 05:45:55 AM »

Happy anniversary to HHW!

FJL

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 05:46:33 AM »

I'm pretty sure I was doing the Trivia contests for a while before I even found the postings.

Michael

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 05:49:23 AM »

I don't usually post personal stuff here but last night I got a phone call on my cell. It was from a hotel in Yoesmite. (Confirmed the phone did come the hotel.) The front desk was calling on behalf a guest. They called me by last name only (Mr. Shayne) and said Mr. So and So would like to speak with you as cell service is bad at the hotel. He's in room XXX.

First I never heard of this person. I looked up the name and he had the same last name as a famous pianist. I know he would never call me. I very intrigued by the call but not enough to call back.

I don't give out my cell phone # to everyone. If I don't recognize the # I don't answer. I'm on a do not call list, but doesn't always work.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 07:05:16 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  It's a clear, crisp day in SW Ohio and I have to deliver my homemade goodies to the Holiday Bazaar venue.  Then, on to a secret errand in preparation for Richard's birthday, which is next Monday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 07:41:51 AM »

Back. 

This was the morning the insurance adjustor came out (postponed from Sunday), and they're going to be doing more extensive repairs than I would have thought were needed, both inside and out.  That tree falling might have been a blessing.  Of course, we'll know more when they get back to us with the estimate and the plan.

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 07:43:35 AM »

And then this afternoon the heating people are coming out because the furnace hadn't restarted itself in the middle of the night so I had to go down and kickstart it.  They'd actually fixed something in that starter/igniter area last year, but apparently it's time to address it again.  At least the little red RESET button works!  :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 07:46:11 AM »

For now, I am presently eating a breakfast burrito, a jelly doughnut, and enjoying a second cup of coffee.  I believe there's a third cup, and perhaps even seconds in the form of another doughnut, in my near future.

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2017, 07:51:08 AM »

It's odd, because jelly doughnuts are far from my favorite kinds of doughnuts, but I probably haven't had one in years and I'm enjoying it. 

What happened was late last night I stopped at the supermarket to pick up, like, three things, and I just happened to walk past the bakery section.  The next several minutes are a blank, and I might have to undergo hypnosis to get them back.  I have no idea what happened.  Next thing I know, I'm paying for my stuff, and lo and behold -- there was this variety pack of six of the day's doughnuts for a steep discount in my bag.  Now how did that happen???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 07:55:11 AM »

Joshie called to ask how the cats were doing.  I told him I was feeling as though I let little Thatch down - he's still under the bookcase and the food is untouched - but I hoped that by next Thursday I could report this was one of the best things I'd ever done and not have to admit defeat and give him up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2017, 08:06:02 AM »

Looking back, we've had it easy here in this regard.  We'd put the new incoming cat in the basement (aka Ellis Island) with food and litter, and they could literally hide from the world there for a couple of days until that magic moment when they've somehow divined the lay of the land.  It's amazing how they do that.  We could never have found where they go down there.  But after a period of time, they've always been able to let us know they're ready to come upstairs and get to know us and the other cats and the house.

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2017, 08:57:15 AM »

TOD

Having been on Home Theater Forum for a while and finally putting two and two together as to who BK was (duh!), and then having looked at this site, I finally made my way here and I felt at home from my first day.  For a while, though, I just lurked and followed along - probably for a couple of months - prior to deciding to officially come aboard.  But from my first post I was made to feel truly and completely welcomed.

Then after I'd been settled in here for a few months, BK came to NYC for the launch of "Album Produced By...", and I went down to Drama Book Shop for that.  (Which, oddly enough, was also my first time in the store.)  I even canceled a small musical gig -- something I virtually never do -- to free up the day, because I wasn't going to let anything stand in the way of meeting y'all.

From the moment I walked into the store and said hi to BK and Ben and Elmore and FJL, and finally everyone else who showed up, I knew that being here was the best thing I'd accomplished in a while.  That afternoon, and the evening at Joe Allen, was one of the most enjoyable and rewarding days ever.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2017, 09:06:43 AM »

Back from the doctor with no answers. Will have a CT scan tomorrow, results next Thursday.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:14 AM »

But the doctor didn’t see anything on the kidney.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:42 AM »

True DR TCB, no Chanukah parties here.  We might have an early get-together with friends before we leave.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2017, 09:08:24 AM »

This is my life, ladies and germs - I no longer have a clew as to what day it is.  Oy and vey.  Notes and topic have been adjusted - so check out the topic and share.

:))

Jane

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2017, 09:10:11 AM »

DR Jane, I hope you feel better!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks.  Not having taking my 3rd trial pill yet I feel just fine.  The question is how will I feel in an hour or so. 

Jane

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »

And then this afternoon the heating people are coming out because the furnace hadn't restarted itself in the middle of the night so I had to go down and kickstart it.  They'd actually fixed something in that starter/igniter area last year, but apparently it's time to address it again.  At least the little red RESET button works!  :)

Thank goodness for the reset button.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2017, 09:13:07 AM »

Back from the doctor with no answers. Will have a CT scan tomorrow, results next Thursday.

Really, nothing yet!  I suppose that is good news.  If something urgent had popped up you might have received a faster response.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2017, 09:13:23 AM »

Annabelle is sleeping in her favorite Amazon.com box, and all is quiet here at Casa Moore.  I'm working at my desk right above where Thatch is hiding.  I can't tell if I'm smelling poop or the chicken paté at my feet, but I am worried that he can get to no litter box as long as he's hiding under there.

The food remains untouched.  The poor baby must be starving.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »

But the doctor didn’t see anything on the kidney.

Excellent!

Jane

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2017, 09:13:56 AM »

Does Thatch have access to water?

Jane

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2017, 09:14:38 AM »

MAJOR SETTLING IN VIBES FOR THATCH!

Jane

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2017, 09:17:52 AM »

FJL

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »

More health vibes for John G!

John G.

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2017, 10:07:24 AM »

Thank you, Fred and Jane and everyone else.

I see my primary doctor about the pain tomorrow morning.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2017, 10:17:49 AM »

It was poop. It's now cleaned up.

Val came up, tried to lure Thatch out with treats, and discovered the poop.  Thatch ate the treats and only would come halfway out.  He clearly will not come out for his litter box.  Annabelle adds to the problem because she is friendly and he fights back.  As long as she keeps approaching him and frightening him, he will not come out.  Locking her in the bathroom is only so good.

I also worry about whatever crap may be under those bookcases to injure him.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:34:43 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »

Then, to add to the mess, Annabelle got out of the apartment and I had to go from floor to floor looking for her.  I found her outside Apt. 2C, directly below mine, crying to get inside.  When I picked her up, she damn near clawed me to death trying to get away.  It was a painful trip up to 3C.  Now that she's back inside she's sleeping in her amazon box.

Now I know why my mother was crazy dealing with Randy, Macbeth and me.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:21:33 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2017, 10:22:42 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Super Mega Health Vibes to our DRs JohnG, TCB, JRand67, and Jeanne!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:34:01 AM by elmore3003 »

Jane

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2017, 11:01:17 AM »

It was poop. It's now cleaned up.

Val came up, tried to lure Thatch out with treats, and discovered the poop.  Thatch ate the treats and only would come halfway out.  He clearly will not come out for his litter box.  Annabelle adds to the problem because she is friendly and he fights back.  As long as she keeps approaching him and frightening him, he will not come out.  Locking her in the bathroom is only so good.

I also worry about whatever crap may be under those bookcases to injure him.

The bathroom was worth a try to give Thatch a break.  Did he come out at all when Annabelle was in the bathroom or when you were out looking for her?

Is it possible to talk to his foster parent's, find out if it took him awhile to adjust there and if they know anything particular he likes.  I am wondering if he didn't play with the other cats.  He is so young, he should be playing.  Often it just takes time for them to adjust. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up