Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TWO-SHOW DAY  (Read 3885 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE TWO-SHOW DAY
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »

Yes, that moment occurs in act two.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »

Funny about Like a Man - that was a number I was really worried about in this day and age and climate because the world is seemingly filled with such humorless and easily offended ninnies.  The number is very funny and catchy but, how shall we say, very old-fashioned in its Chinese parlance. When I first heard it I said to our MD that we should take some of the cliche Chinese food accompaniment out of it, and then I said we should leave it as it is because that's what it is.  And it gets a great reaction so when one is off the outraged world of Facebook twits, it shows you that people actually can and will understand context.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »

Today, I have no plans!  Hoo and Ray!  Well, I do need to do some laundry, and watch some TV shows recorded on my DVR, but I don't have to go anywhere.  It seems like it's been too long since there's been a weekend morning when I could sleep in, so sleep in I will.

And sleep in, I did. :D I've been up for about an hour.  I checked e-mail, surfed the 'net, and I fed my cat. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »

Now, to ketchup on today's posts.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2017, 01:19:37 PM »

Great pictures in today's notes, BK!

George

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2017, 01:20:48 PM »

George - Congrats on your new position!

Thanks, Fred!

George

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »

DR George, you never know about a recording.  I thought THE NEW YORKERS would get one, and nothing happened.  I'd like to see this beautiful BRIGADOON transfer to Broadway.

That would be cool!  Of course, I know it's all about the money. ::)

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »

Thanks, DRs FJL and JRand!  I’m certainly not setting the world on fire this afternoon...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2017, 01:28:07 PM »

We are home.  Annabelle has a head cold and a bit of conjunctivitis.  I have, as DR Laura suggested, Clavamox for her cold and Erythromycin for her eyes.  The doctor also administered some fluids for dehydration under her skin.  For the next three days she will be eating Gerber's Chicken Baby Food.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for Annabelle!!~~~

George

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  Fr. Richard substituted at Dayton’s Christ the King today, so I went with him.  About 20 minutes before the service was to start I developed an epic nosebleed and sat in the church parlor for the duration.  With attention from one of the ladies, a box of tissues, and some ice from the kitchen, things finally calmed down before the service ended.  We stopped for a burger on the way home and now I’m ready for a nap.

~~~No-More-Nose-Bleeds-for-Ginny Vibes!!~~~

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2017, 01:53:12 PM »

Thanks, DR George!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2017, 01:54:05 PM »

Poor Annabelle is back in the bathroom steamroom.  I hope if I can get her head cleared a bit, she will eat. It's so sad, she's whining constantly for food, she jumped into Thatch's cage again to see what he was eating, she was all over my salad, and she will eat nothing.  Dr Mohr said if she's not eating by tomorrow night to bring her back in.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »

On the positive side of things, she's ready to share a dish with Thatch, so that's a really good sign.  I'm hoping that I can release him from the cage by Wednesday.  If he wants to hide from me under the bed for two days, that's fine with me.  My concern is his socializing with Annabelle.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:58:27 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2017, 01:59:59 PM »

I have to tell the children's story at church today in a couple of hours. I'd better come up with something.

The slaves and the talents was our gospel today ...that's an easy one to translate into not  wasting your talents for kids.

Ours, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »

Here's the city Vet staff.  Dr Mohr is in the front row. second from the left.

John G.

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2017, 02:03:50 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  Fr. Richard substituted at Dayton’s Christ the King today, so I went with him.  About 20 minutes before the service was to start I developed an epic nosebleed and sat in the church parlor for the duration.  With attention from one of the ladies, a box of tissues, and some ice from the kitchen, things finally calmed down before the service ended.  We stopped for a burger on the way home and now I’m ready for a nap.

No-nose-bleed vibes for Ginny. Hope all is OK.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »

Cold begone vibes for Annabelle.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »

Just made potato kugel for bible study tonight. The house smells of potato and onions cooked in duck fat. Yum.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »

Thanks, DR John G!  I’ve decided it’s time for a talk with my cardiologist about the low dose aspirin I’m taking every other day.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2017, 02:24:12 PM »

Thanks, DR John G!  I’ve decided it’s time for a talk with my cardiologist about the low dose aspirin I’m taking every other day.

I'm no doctor, but I'm thinking some veins in your nose need cauterizing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »

I need four hands to deal with Annabelle.  She doesn't want me feeding her, she doesn't want me putting drops in her eyes, and when she's angry, those claws are lethal.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2017, 02:27:03 PM »

And on top of that, Thatch has wised up about the pill pockets and now refuses to eat them.  I guess my next step is crushing the pill in his dish of food.

George

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2017, 02:37:28 PM »

Interesting.  I'm taking a low dose aspirin every day.  My nose used to bleed (sorry about the TMI) when I'd pick clean it, but that seems to have stopped last year.  I completely forgot about aspirin being a blood thinner.  I was told to take it about five or six years ago as a precaution because my dad had a heart attack many years ago. 

George

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2017, 02:37:44 PM »

But I read an article a couple of years ago where this small study showed that taking aspirin (in any dose...low to full sized) didn't seem to help prevent heart attacks.  They didn't specify in the article, but they implied that if you've had a heart attack, it's a good thing to take the aspirin.  It just didn't seem necessary if you hadn't.  They admitted that it was a very small study and more research was needed.  I haven't had one, but I haven't stopped taking them, either (I'll wait till my doctor tells me to stop).

Laura

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2017, 03:03:23 PM »

Ginny, I hope they get it figured out for you. It seems it happens all too often.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2017, 03:03:56 PM »

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, Elmore, but your cats are smarter than you are. Just accept it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, Elmore, but your cats are smarter than you are. Just accept it.

;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »

Rudely awakened by some moron stomping around on the roof - said moron was supposed to be here Friday to install rain gutters and wasn't, and decided nine o'clock on a Sunday was the perfect time.  Six hours of sleep and I've already expressed my displeasure to Grant.

Did said moron know you had moved in?

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2017, 04:13:17 PM »

Someone posted on Facebook that Cassidy had died last night - Broadway World apparently in their desire to be first, spread that erroneous news - where they got it is anyone's guess - they took it down without an apology or even an acknowledgment that it had been up.

That is worse than the news DR Michael read, that Cassidy is waiting for a kidney transplant.  One might help but I do not believe, even if he qualified, that he would want one because of the dementia. 

:(

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »

We are home.  Annabelle has a head cold and a bit of conjunctivitis.  I have, as DR Laura suggested, Clavamox for her cold and Erythromycin for her eyes.  The doctor also administered some fluids for dehydration under her skin.  For the next three days she will be eating Gerber's Chicken Baby Food.

I forgot about baby food.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up