Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GLOBAL NOTES  (Read 81164 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE GLOBAL NOTES
« Reply #330 on: January 07, 2005, 03:20:30 PM »

OOH!!!

PAGE 12!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #331 on: January 07, 2005, 03:21:42 PM »

And per DR Danise's request:

THE PONY!!!

*Someone else can find the proper graphic or animated .gif...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #332 on: January 07, 2005, 03:22:50 PM »

OOH!!!!

And I've had a Sugar Free Day today!  (So far - looks like I may have to stay out of the green room tonight - way too many temptations.)
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #333 on: January 07, 2005, 03:31:34 PM »

Is the Pony the dance that Richard Simmons does?

So I was just at the store looking for folders for school, and this guy walked up and said, "Hi, stuff." I figured he was just talking to the merchandise and didn't say anything. Turns out he was calling me Steph because he thought I was somebody named Stephania. Wasn't this a great (although pointless) story?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #334 on: January 07, 2005, 03:31:42 PM »

Would it not be best to delay your trip until they are found?

der always-helpful Brucer

;D Still working on finding more of them, so I guess my statement isn't completely off.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2005, 03:37:43 PM »

I'm at work and have not had much chance to catch up (or even ketchup) on the notes.  I'm just starting page 6.  I figured I'd better do the media check before it's too late!:

In my CD player at work:  The Apple Tree, the original Broadway cast.  I've never had this and I just got in from the BMG Music club...buy one get THREE free!!  After that will be the OBCs of Pipe Dream and Allegro.  I got these from eBay from the same seller.  

In my DVD player:  "Head On."  It's sort of a gay, Australian Zorba the Greek.  The lead, Alex Dimitriades, is absolutely gorgeous!  (and he gets totally nekkid!! :o ;D)  But it's appropriate for the character!  No, it really is! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2005, 03:44:34 PM »

I couldn't find a dancing pony but I did find two things I would like to share-

One is for BK since he has discovered the joys of scanning:  

AND I hope you know that you really should still be singing the notes BECAUSE it isn't over until........

Wait for it..........

Wait for it...........

The FAT lady sings!

You may now stop singing the notes, if you so desire.   ;D :D ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2005, 04:01:07 PM »

No bra ever for me either. When I played Greta in BENT, the dress had cleavage sewn into it. Greta's breasts were made of birdseed. Yep!
I've heard of the girl with the flaxen hair before, but the girl with the flax-seed hooters?

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2005, 04:03:59 PM »

And wasn't Michael Bennett on HULLABALLOO as well?  It was broadcast/taped in New York City....and of course SHINDIG was broadcast/taped in LA.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2005, 04:07:18 PM »

Limbo!  Mr. Mac Man and I did the Limbo - he's quite good at it.  He showed me the things I needed to see, helped me through some programs I hadn't explored and answered all of my questions.  I downloaded the contents of one of my home grown DVDs and am about to rip a copy - a first.  I also went through iMovie and iDVD, and man, am I going to have some fun.  Also got a twin-pack DVD of those swingin' sixties movies One More Time and Salt and Pepper, starring Sammy Davis, Jr. and Peter Lawford.  Oy.  And the other Hullabaloo dancer of note was Michael Bennett.  His rack was pretty small, too.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2005, 04:07:26 PM »

You guys want a dancing pony? OK, here you go.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2005, 04:07:47 PM »

(Does anyone else think the cast of "Will and Grace" is looking decidedly older/chunkier?  Earlier this season, only Debra Messing seemed bloated...now they're all looking that way).
It's a tribute to Classic Star Trek, particularly to William Shatner, who would get a little that way mid-season every year.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2005, 04:10:58 PM »

Did you draw that picture, DR Sandra?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #343 on: January 07, 2005, 04:14:54 PM »

Did you draw that picture, DR Sandra?

No I didn't. I wouldn't know how to go about drawing a dancing pony.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #344 on: January 07, 2005, 04:17:55 PM »

WARNING - BLITHERING NONSENSE AHEAD!

MOVE OVER TINKY-WINKY!
An alert from WhakosRUs:der Brucer
I've always kinda wondered about Big Bird.  But Bob the Builder could recruit me any day!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #345 on: January 07, 2005, 04:23:22 PM »

I've paused from the 45 minutes it has taken to read pages 1-9 today to post that it is indeed raining here in the Bay Area.  It has actually rained most of the week, but today, it's windy also.  A good night for staying in.  More later when I finish reading the posts!

George

« Reply #346 on: January 07, 2005, 04:30:50 PM »

Now I am waiting for DR Francois (how does one do a cedilla online?  I can't get the Ctrl+',C to work when I'm online for some reason) to answer my IM for help with the French sections.  Maybe La Jolie Femme would like to step into the fray?

type Alt + 0231 on your number keypad.  ç  It's easy.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #347 on: January 07, 2005, 04:31:10 PM »

Why can't I think of any more rain songs?  I know there are hundreds.
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I love the Eurhythmics' "Here Comes the Rain Again."

George

« Reply #348 on: January 07, 2005, 04:31:28 PM »

Does IT'S RAINING MEN count?

YES! ;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #349 on: January 07, 2005, 04:32:24 PM »

Finished the post.  Will take the rest of the day/evening to take care of the DP as he seems to be ailing from something.  He's sleeping now.  Nothing to report for the media check as everything has been on the iPod... Oh, we are watching Sex and the City Season 6 part two on DVD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #350 on: January 07, 2005, 04:35:43 PM »

I'm currently ripping a DVD.  It takes a while - there seems to be three long steps - the image transfer, the track transfer (which took the longest), and something called verifying.  Of course, by long I mean it's taken about fifteen minutes to do a two hour DVD.  It should be through in about three minutes and then we'll see if it actually worked.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2005, 04:37:06 PM »

I have only eaten a couple of biscotti all day.  I must decide about my meal.  Don't really want to go out, but I don't really have anything in the house.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2005, 04:42:33 PM »

Limbo!  Mr. Mac Man and I did the Limbo - he's quite good at it.  He showed me the things I needed to see, helped me through some programs I hadn't explored and answered all of my questions.  I downloaded the contents of one of my home grown DVDs and am about to rip a copy - a first.  I also went through iMovie and iDVD, and man, am I going to have some fun.  Also got a twin-pack DVD of those swingin' sixties movies One More Time and Salt and Pepper, starring Sammy Davis, Jr. and Peter Lawford.  Oy.  And the other Hullabaloo dancer of note was Michael Bennett.  His rack was pretty small, too.

You and Mr. Mac Man doing the Limbo together???
 BK, I am shocked.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #353 on: January 07, 2005, 04:44:19 PM »

DR George,

I had mastered all these when I used WordPerfect, and haven't bothered to re-learn them for Word. Do you have a checklist with the various codes? Thanks.

Jennifer

« Reply #354 on: January 07, 2005, 04:57:47 PM »

DR Matthew (or anyone else who has SEX & THE CITY season 6 part 2).  Can you go into detail about the alternate finale endings.

I think they showed one on Entertainment Tonight, that showed all the girls sitting at a coffee shop with Carrie saying that they would all be marrying her (or something stupid like that).

I am very curious.  Thanks

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2005, 04:58:14 PM »

OK I'll try.  A

It shows up as a capital A right now.  Maybe it transmogrifies magically after I press post.  Let's see.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2005, 04:59:02 PM »

Evidently not, LOL.   One more try:

ç

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2005, 04:59:40 PM »

I think I transposed some numbers the first time.  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2005, 05:01:44 PM »

Btw, for those who are interested, PBS is showing CANDIDE January 12th (or check your local PBS station's listings).

Btw2, I got to watch the WHAT IF dvd.  And I really enjoyed it.  My favorite parts were the Yiddish Sondheim, the opening and finale We're gonna do a revue, and the Phantom What If.

I think my favorite solo performance was Alet singing "When you're waiting for him." (by BK).

I think I was most impressed with Alet.  She's so beautiful and consistently knocks everything she does out of the ballpark.

I will say more tomorrow.  But I wanted to say one thing about Ryan.  While he was probably the most uneven of the group, he was also the funniest.  His Phantom imitation, and "Don't Rain on My parade" antics were hysterical.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #359 on: January 07, 2005, 05:05:42 PM »

Well….. Hello! (a Sunset Blvd reference)
TCB - Very LOL, and touching too!   :D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up