Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I, POD  (Read 83647 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:I, POD
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2005, 05:04:03 PM »

It was lucky for my mail carrier that I was at work when he was here today, because had I been here, I might have kissed him.  Today, he delivered to my front door, my very own copy of WRITER'S BLOCK, a copy of the same bestseller as a belated birthday gift for a dear friend (No, Tomovoz, not you), and two, count 'em, two copies of the BUS AND TRUCK CD.

If I was worried about experiencing any withdrawl symptoms regarding my show closing on Sunday, having BK's epic tome next to my bed having WRITER'S BLOCK sitting on my nightstand has more than eliminated them.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2005, 05:05:53 PM »

I was reasonably good at lunch - no bread, a large Caesar Salad with chicken and shared Spinach Artichoke dip.

Both of which are fattening.  ;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2005, 05:07:28 PM »

I know it was ask question day, but this one came to my mind.

If you could live in any television series which one would it be?

Mine would be a Bewitched, but I would have to be a warlock.

I think I would have loved to have lived in the town of Cicely in Northern Exposure.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2005, 05:07:43 PM »

Ellen DeGeneres can be a riot.  Michael Jeter could be hilarious.  Madeline Kahn was also a riot and yet could break your heart in another scene. I think Bonnie Hunt can be very funnny, but out of loyalty or something she surrounds herself with friends from the Chicago area that she must have worked with or gone to school with, and I found most of them annoying.   The Cusacks all seem to have good comedic skills.

Congratulations, Matthew.

Now, if this WERE the Donna Reed show, I'd know what I want to do after the enxt commercial break and get the job by the end of the episode.

I always though Carl Betz was very handsome.   Is there anytning in the sitcom moral code that says you can't sleep with your father?
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2005, 05:07:45 PM »

I always wanted to be a member of the Stone family, too; but mostly just so I could be close to Carl Betz and Paul Peterson
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2005, 05:09:29 PM »

So I took the Wonderdog for his evening walk -- and there was yet another shoot around the corner. This was for a feature entitled 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN.
Rona Barrett signing out.

Jane

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »

DR Jane:  I haven't a klew what you mean by side-by-side photos.

Do you mean one that reflects me "now" as opposed to the one I use?

If so, I've used a more recent photo in the past...and it may still be in the cache.

LOL.  I was referring to your post earlier today.  I knew I should have quoted it before asking for side by side photos.

"Prince Harry is an idiot.
And I'll say it here:  He resembles NO ONE in the royal family.  He resembles the riding instructor with whom Diana had her first affair...Hewitt, was it???"

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2005, 05:13:34 PM »

Face it, Kerry, Carl and Paul would have ended up together, and you would have been stuck sharing a bed with me.

The Douglas family would have been nice, as well.  At least, until Tim Considine moved out.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2005, 05:15:06 PM »

I like Bonnie Hunt a lot, too.  But she constantly insists on doing the improv stuff in all of her show and it rarely worked.  Sitcoms just don't lend themselves to that kind of comedy.

I agree.

Jane

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2005, 05:15:47 PM »

Panni congratulations on finishing the script!

Might we see your good doggie deed for the day in a future movie?   ;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2005, 05:18:12 PM »

Strange doin's department:  I refreshed the page, and, lo and behold (and also behold and lo), everyone's avatar had disappeared and I was no longer a "user," but a "guest."  Isn't that weird?  That's the first time I've had to re-log in in a long time.

Can some of you techheads help me?  Is there a decent shareware sound recorder you can recommend?  What I need is something that will record from the line in.  We regularly tape the Tigard Pops performances (as in cassette), and then I copy the tapes.  I've had a guy who has the capability to burn CDs from the tape for those who want CDs, but he's travelling this session and won't be in the choir.  So I need something where I can hook up the cassette player to the computer through my line in, and record a decent quality WAV file that I can then burn to CD.  Editing would be nice, too, since I tend to babble between songs at the concerts and would want to delete that for the final CD.  Thanks for any suggestions.

(Just in case someone is going to mention this, the sound recorder that comes with Windows won't work because it will only do up to 1 minute.  I need something that has no time limit for the recordings).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2005, 05:20:04 PM »

So I was wrong that the man riding the bike repeatedly by my window was from MALCOM IN THE MIDDLE. I just read the plot summary of THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
"The film follows Andy Stitzer (Steve Carell) who lives alone in North Hollywood, rides his bicycle to work at Circuit City in the San Fernando Valley, and has a pleasant enough life. He's a nice guy, shy, considerate, polite, has a pristine collection of action figures, is pathologically nervous around women. He's our 40 year-old virgin. When three of his co-workers discover this about him, they make it their mission to get him laid. He reluctantly goes along with their plan, finding himself in some ridiculous situations along the way, until he meets Trish (Catherine Keener), a single mother of three, who changes everything."

Jane

« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2005, 05:21:58 PM »

Kerry- :D

Dan (the Man) I loved NOTHERN EXPOSURE but would not want to live full time with those people.  I think Joel was the only sane person in the town. ::)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2005, 05:24:31 PM »

Jane, they don't put enough dressing on the salad for it to be fattening.

Just when you think it can't get any lower along comes Panni with a description of a movie which just makes me want to vomit on the ground.

Jane

« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2005, 05:24:53 PM »

I think Bonnie Hunt can be very funnny, but out of loyalty or something she surrounds herself with friends from the Chicago area that she must have worked with or gone to school with, and I found most of them annoying.  

That explains all those annoying, unfunny people around her.

JMK

« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2005, 05:27:35 PM »

My close personal friend Susannah Mars' father, Kenneth, is absolutely hysterical on Malcolm in the Middle as the Norsky ranch owner.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2005, 05:28:02 PM »

Jane, they don't put enough dressing on the salad for it to be fattening.

You mean it had just a hint of flavoring?  

JMK

« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2005, 05:29:26 PM »

I always think Catherine Keener is Tatum O'Neal when I see her in movies.

And I am watching Tess.  I had forgotten how much Nastassia Kinski looks/ed like Ingrid Bergman and/or Issabella Rossellini in that movie.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2005, 05:59:06 PM »

Today DR Sandra and I went for a walk at the desert museum, and this is what we saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2005, 06:01:51 PM »

And this:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #230 on: January 13, 2005, 06:02:50 PM »

And this:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2005, 06:04:12 PM »

And this:

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2005, 06:04:40 PM »

Well, I'm back from my date with Miss PennyO and my friend Richard's exhibit, which was quite enjoyable.  Then we had a wonderful dinner (not at Arties!) and I'm ready to crash.

Now about the opening of JEWISH THIGHS in March:  opening night is March 16th, Wednesday night, but I think a good HHW night might be Saturday night March 19, because if any Hainsie/Kimlets wanted to come to NYC for the weekend, they might want to catch some other shows before heading out of town.

So, I'll let the DRs decide about the night.  Any opinions?  PLEASE!!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »

And this:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2005, 06:05:52 PM »

And this:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2005, 06:06:36 PM »

The end.

MBarnum

« Reply #236 on: January 13, 2005, 06:08:32 PM »

That owl is just beautiful DearReaderLaura!

Hmmm...what sitcom to live in...my first thought would be LEAVE IT TO BEAVER but I don't think Mr. and Mrs. Cleaver would understand me. Maybe the Brady Bunch would be a good choice....I would have loved having Cindy, Jan, and Marsha as sisters.

Ginny

« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2005, 06:18:28 PM »

DearReaderLaura - Thank you so much for sharing your pictures from the desert museum.  They're worthy of National Geographic!  When my mother lived in Phoenix (1986-1999), I always wanted to go to that museum, but we were only able to visit in the summer (married to a teacher, you know) and it was just too hot.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2005, 06:23:49 PM »

Caught up with last night's Alias, which was MUCH better than the season premiere.

At some point I must decide what film to watch this evening.  I have Leon: The Professional, which I've seen about eight months ago, but which I'm kind of wanting to see again, as I'm in my Natalie Portman mode.  Or, Mikey and Nicky, with Peter Falk and John Cassavetes, directed by Elaine May, which I don't think I've seen all the way through.  Or, maybe both.  Or, maybe another Edgar Wallace movie.  Or, Casque d'Or of Jacques Becker.  Of, Fighting Elegy of Seijun Suzuki.  Or...

Jane

« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2005, 06:26:05 PM »

DRLaura, lovely pictures.

We have a bobcat that lives in our area.  I have never seen him up close.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up