Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GREAT SANDWICH  (Read 7046 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE GREAT SANDWICH
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2018, 08:20:24 PM »

Five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »

Quick-healing vibes to Jrand. Ouch!

And more vibes, sir.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »

I have to call my insurance company about that. But i haven't got time lately. And tomorrow is looking extremely busy again.

Medical billing can be a very complicated matter and I've no doubt there are MANY errors. The best strategy I've found for dealing with medical bureaucracies is persistence.

I hope you're able to get it much closer to 100%.

John G.

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2018, 08:23:36 PM »

Watching the first part of Loving Vincent, an animated film about Van Gogh that features hand-painted illustrations from more than 100 artistis, all in Van Gogh's style. Most is true to the originals, but one of the voices is Aidan Turner of Poldark -- and the artist must have fallen in love because the character looks like Turner. I'd say right down to the hair, but the character is wear a hat.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2018, 08:26:37 PM »

I will now treat myself to a mini pie--cherry for Valentine's Day.

Good night from a much happier camper.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2018, 08:38:00 PM »

Now will someone tell me why when I work for a company that supposedly has great health insurance, my health insurance didn't pay close to 40% of my doctor's bill for the recent surgery?

Yikes!  That's terrible! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2018, 08:39:31 PM »

Watching the first part of Loving Vincent, an animated film about Van Gogh that features hand-painted illustrations from more than 100 artistis, all in Van Gogh's style. Most is true to the originals, but one of the voices is Aidan Turner of Poldark -- and the artist must have fallen in love because the character looks like Turner. I'd say right down to the hair, but the character is wear a hat.

I saw that and bought the Blu-ray!  I'd read that they specifically looked for actors that looked like the people in the paintings that they chose to use for the movie.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2018, 08:41:29 PM »

So, I'm stuck at Burger King!  Here's what I posted on FB for my new cover photo:

I was in Burger King, eating a grilled chicken salad and cop cars started driving by. I didn't think much of it. When I finished eating and was going to leave, that's when I saw that my car was blocked and I couldn't leave, so I took the picture and came back into the restaurant. I'm otherwise safe and sound. :D

George

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2018, 08:43:38 PM »

And here's the picture I posted:

George

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2018, 08:44:58 PM »

I have no idea what happened, but I heard one of the BK employees say that there were nine, count 'em, NINE police vehicles out there! :o

George

« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2018, 08:47:16 PM »

The tow truck is here to take away the guy's car. Whew! I can go home soon!

John G.

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2018, 08:54:17 PM »

Scary, George. Glad you are OK.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2018, 08:56:08 PM »

So, do you think any grumpy adults out there are going to hand out Tide Pods this Halloween?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »

I saw that and bought the Blu-ray!  I'd read that they specifically looked for actors that looked like the people in the paintings that they chose to use for the movie.

Yeah, I can see that now. Soarise Ronan looks like her character, too. I just don't know the other voices, I guess.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »

Well, it appears everyone (including me, which is the most important thing) survived the Anything Goes run-through.  I honestly didn't think I was going to survive the day leading up to it, cramming the book into my head and fingers.  I shall try to have a little more sense next time I feel like sacrificing myself to a project.  Had I taken five minutes to think about it AND look through the score first, I would not have done it.  Very tricky, that Beaumont.

ChasSmith

« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2018, 09:15:01 PM »

This was without having to attempt the long dance breaks.  The MD had thankfully made tracks of those for them to work with.  Those could NOT have been accomplished today.  That's the only way this worked.  They'd be ridiculous played on just piano anyway. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2018, 09:18:06 PM »

They had an interesting thing there to play on:  a Yamaha electronic piano that not only looks pretty much like a typical studio piano, it totally FEELS like a piano.  You really can't say that about any keyboard, no matter how expensive and nicely weighted the keys are.  This was fun to play.

George

« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2018, 09:19:20 PM »

Scary, George. Glad you are OK.

Thanks, John!  I just wonder what happened...why the guy was speeding through town. :-\

John G.

« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »

That Porter music ain't all simple AABA stuff, is it? But did you have fun in all the exhaustion, ChasSmith?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2018, 09:20:47 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2018, 09:26:14 PM »

Finished with my viewing.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2018, 09:36:42 PM »

Two burly construction workers I would have never thought were cat fosters came for Magnificat Cat Rescue to pick up the cans of food, some stainless steel dishes, litter, and dry food I was donating.  They were really great, and I appreciate their willingness to cart it all down the three flights.

And so the kitties and I are going to bed.

Glad it went well. Can you use this as a charitable deduction?

He should be able to.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2018, 09:38:58 PM »

DR Jeanne I am very happy you finally have a new thermostat, and installed by the trustworthy gas company.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »

Now will someone tell me why when I work for a company that supposedly has great health insurance, my health insurance didn't pay close to 40% of my doctor's bill for the recent surgery?

:o

Have you double checked everything was covered? 

Jane

« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »

I have to call my insurance company about that. But i haven't got time lately. And tomorrow is looking extremely busy again.

I guess you haven't checked yet.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2018, 10:00:49 PM »

Interesting.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2018, 10:01:25 PM »

Major insurance vibes for DR John!

Jane

« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2018, 10:03:12 PM »

The tow truck is here to take away the guy's car. Whew! I can go home soon!

Wow.  I am glad you and your car are safe.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2018, 10:06:48 PM »

Kristen Stewart must have had a good director in "American Ultra" as she was good in it.  We watched the movie on Netflix tonight. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2018, 10:11:19 PM »

What's American Ultra and how did you find it on Netflix.  I read about all these movies but they never show up for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up