Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CANDY AND PIE AND CAKE, OH MY  (Read 4456 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: CANDY AND PIE AND CAKE, OH MY
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 07:00:28 AM »

Page Three ANNIE dance.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 07:01:36 AM »

DR DRUXY I think that Miss O'Hara revealed to some that the actor in question was Tyrone Power.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 07:04:02 AM »

I told the reunion committee lady who lives down the street that I would print SMALL senior photos that could be placed on the Name Tags for the reunion which is 10 days from now.

She sent me a list.  The problem is, 10 of these people did NOT stay in school to graduate with us.  I have the 9, 11, 12 grade yearbooks....and I will have to use some of these photos.  I found everyone but ONE.  And there was a name on the list I had never heard of.

The Lady said she would scan a photo of that girl and give it to me.

But I have 42 of them ready.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 07:04:27 AM »

Too much ME on this page....but I will only say that i planted my Milkweed today.....

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 07:32:01 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Rebecca and I are meeting for lunch today at a place where we've been for breakfast several times.  Their lunch menu isn't as appealing to me, but we'll see.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 07:56:23 AM »

ac
So, I decided I needed something and went to Ralph's, which is open twenty-four hours.  I got two little mini-things and went to the one checkout counter and was there greeted by a moron couple who were checking out with their five HUNDRED dollars of groceries - three full carts - so a long line of people got to stand there for fifteen minutes.

:o Yikes!  Who goes shopping that late and spends that much??

Someone very hungry, for some reason?

Remembering the Rodney Dangerfield film, where a few people had gotten uncontrollably hungry and had to eat something quick, were searching for a late-night diner, saw one and when they got close the sign said "Open 23 hours a day"  and this was of course, being a Rodney Dangerfield film, the one hour a day that diner was closed.  That's comedy!

FJL

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 07:57:06 AM »

Too much ME on this page....but I will only say that i planted my Milkweed today.....

Never too much you!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 07:58:08 AM »

HA HA DR FJL.

The more I read on this here site - the more gladder I am that I am RE-TIRED!

FJL

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2018, 08:02:02 AM »

Page Three ANNIE dance.

I'm preparing my new musical AUNTIE,

Auntie, Auntie , Auntie
Sorry for lying now
Auntie, Auntie, Auntie
I'll use your dying now

Since you've taken sick
I've used you
As a scamming trick

(again, can't imagine this aunt wasn't a lovely person. a shame she was used by her niece in such a way)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »

Yes, the car chase is quite spectacular and lives up to the excellence of the other two.

So here's a project:  watch all three of them, just the car chase segments, and note the similarities/differences.

Of course, THE FRENCH CONNECTION isn't really a car chase.  It's a car/el-train chase.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2018, 08:06:05 AM »

DR DRUXY I think that Miss O'Hara revealed to some that the actor in question was Tyrone Power.....

That's who I thought it was.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:09:04 AM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2018, 08:15:27 AM »

This was fun - Link to the San Antonio Film Commission Facebook page for their "Made in San Antonio" event about the "Viva Max!" film.  The screening John G was at, with our great gratitude.

The talk last Saturday night was built around the "Making Viva Max!" documentary about the film, headed to public TV I think this year, but the San Antonio Film Commissioner gave a shout-out to the musical and handed everyone who came a CD of songs from the musical. (John G- The Film Commissioner seemed to say she actually handed them out herself. I guess it was a way for her to reach out personally directly to the audience.)

They posted information on the event page about the promo CDs of the musical, and that it just had a TRU presentation a few months back - some of the Jan. 15 TRU presentation credits and some Jim Lehrer info, too.
https://www.facebook.com/events/563225624061124/

And the director of the "Making Viva Max!" documentary scheduled for Texas public TV, emailed Skip about re the musical at the address that came with the musical's CD.  (Potential for synergy can't hurt, whenever it is) 

FJL

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 08:16:51 AM »

I guess have to be a Facebook member for that facebook link to work.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2018, 09:17:03 AM »

So, I decided I needed something and went to Ralph's, which is open twenty-four hours.  I got two little mini-things and went to the one checkout counter and was there greeted by a moron couple who were checking out with their five HUNDRED dollars of groceries - three full carts - so a long line of people got to stand there for fifteen minutes.

People with a serious case of the munchies.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2018, 09:17:15 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2018, 09:18:15 AM »

This was fun - Link to the San Antonio Film Commission Facebook page for their "Made in San Antonio" event about the "Viva Max!" film.  The screening John G was at, with our great gratitude.

The talk last Saturday night was built around the "Making Viva Max!" documentary about the film, headed to public TV I think this year, but the San Antonio Film Commissioner gave a shout-out to the musical and handed everyone who came a CD of songs from the musical. (John G- The Film Commissioner seemed to say she actually handed them out herself. I guess it was a way for her to reach out personally directly to the audience.)

They posted information on the event page about the promo CDs of the musical, and that it just had a TRU presentation a few months back - some of the Jan. 15 TRU presentation credits and some Jim Lehrer info, too.

And the director of the "Making Viva Max!" documentary scheduled for Texas public TV, emailed Skip about re the musical at the address that came with the musical's CD.  (Potential for synergy can't hurt, whenever it is) 

She did hand them out herself.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 09:22:06 AM »

The other day, I mentioned that I was reading Maureen O'Hara's autobiography, 'TIS HERSELF, and somebody here (I forget who), asked if I'd come to the section where Maureen walked in on John Ford kissing John Wayne.

I read that chapter last night, but the actor Ford was kissing was not named.  In fact, based on what was going on at that time and my knowledge of Hollywood gossip, my educated hunch is that it was somebody else...who I will not name either.

If you like Hollywood autobiographies, I can't recommend this one too highly.  It's a great read.

My memory playing tricks again. Still, I think it’s one autobiography I’d enjoy.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »

That's wonderful.  Such a great way to mingle.  (I wonder of she could have done that if the weather hadn't so limited the audience.)

So did Jim Mendiola actually give a speech, as opposed to being interviewed.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2018, 10:37:29 AM »

Nice link DR FJL.

So if DR DRUXY and I agree it must be fact.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »

People who need to buy a lot of groceries and go shopping when there are no crowds.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »

Very funny DR FJL - and the hits just keep on coming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2018, 10:39:11 AM »

It has been my bitter experience that if someone in front of me at the grocery store around midnight and a bit after - they are spending the money that the the government just put on their EBT or Social Security Card......

But maybe not at Ralphs.

John G.

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2018, 10:46:53 AM »

That's wonderful.  Such a great way to mingle.  (I wonder of she could have done that if the weather hadn't so limited the audience.)

So did Jim Mendiola actually give a speech, as opposed to being interviewed.

He was interviewed. I don’t remember by whom. The man might have been with the film commission
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »

In weather news it is supposed to get really warm here on Friday (50s). But they are predicting 30cm of snow on Saturday and Sunday. I have my fingers crossed that the temps will stay warm. I cannot deal with 30 cms of snow. It is Spring. Plus I have somewhere to be at 8am on Sunday morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2018, 10:58:54 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2018, 10:59:23 AM »

Page two?  Really?

Laura

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »

Yes!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2018, 11:40:36 AM »

Good morning.

Laura

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »

I hiked my mountain today and brought about three or four pounds of dog poop down.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »

Rehearsal last night was about as to be expected - there was a lady there teaching the orphans a bit of singing technique.  She has good technique, but she sure can't sing - she reminded me of Florence Foster Jenkins.....

I will return to rehearsal tonight to sort of see what's going on.....but off on Thursday...and then a read thru on Sunday with the director.

I will say NINETEEN orphans is way too many ORPHANS.....we have more orphans than some orphanages....of the nineteen - 16 of them are okay but the other three make up for it.

This is funny.  I hope it all works out and the show is good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up