Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NIGHT THE SINK FELL  (Read 6809 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE NIGHT THE SINK FELL
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »

And never mind "considerate". Just "correct" and "logical" and all of that good stuff.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:51:33 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2018, 09:19:18 AM »

Okay, I just spent 45-plus minutes on the phone with Amazon. About half of that time was spent on hold and the other half hitting a brick wall with them repeating the same system message that a guideline was violated and therefore a review cannot be re-submitted. And yes, I started with a U.S. person, though I can't vouch for every single one I talked to. I just let the last person have an earful (maybe not quite in BK fashion, but close, damned close), and gave up.

(Sorry, BK. I'll be happy to put the review up elsewhere to even the score.)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2018, 09:42:55 AM »

Can you have purchased anything through Amazon to leave a review or $50 in books?

Jane

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »

DR Chas's review has been posted under my name.

ChasSmith

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2018, 10:44:14 AM »

DR Jane, thanks so much.

And now I must now head out for my afternoon thing. Later!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »

Thank you DR JANE - it would have to be after September when the show I direct at PCPH closes....but we shall see.

I am not holding my breath.  You know in theatre, out of sight out of mind.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2018, 11:03:21 AM »

Exactly like that DR FJL.

FJL

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2018, 11:04:16 AM »

It would have been considerate if Amazon had simply declined the new review and explained you already submitted a review from the same address.

It looks like they are the epitome of flexibility when compared with this exchange from  the Talkin Broadway board - every word guaranteed verbatim  Everything short of their co-owner Mike Reynolds twirling his mustache and tying me to the train tracks with the train coming.

Fred Landau <fjl1960@aol.com> wrote:
Please remove my 9:05 a.m. post under jesse's round-up ASAP. Thank you!

----Original Message-----
Subject: Re: Please remove my 9:05 a.m. post under jesse's round-up ASAP. Thank you!

Per your request, the post has been removed from All That Chat.  Since to remove a post that has further comments attached to it removes those further comments as well, please be aware that we will no longer honor a request from you to remove any post of yours if anyone else has attached a reply to it.  To do so is not fair to the other people who post.
Your account has been suspended until you reply to this email to ensure you are aware of this restriction before you post any further messages on All That Chat.

Does this restriction apply to everyone, or am I being singled out?

To: Fred Landau <fjl1960@aol.com>

This restriction applies to you from this point on.  Whether it applies to anyone else is none of your business until and/or if an addition is made to Talkin' Broadway's Terms of Service addressing this issue specifically.
And please be aware if we feel you are attempting to manipulate what posts we deem necessary to remove from All That Chat by posting other offensive posts in violation of the Terms of Service, we will permanently suspend your account for cause.

What's the basis for this?  I haven't had  a post deleted in months.

-----Original Message-----

This decision is not open for further discussion.  The only pertinent reference at this point is paragraph 9.2 from Talkin' Broadway's Terms of Service:  9.2 Talkin' Broadway may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of Talkin' Broadway without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach or assignment of these Terms of Service.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:07:42 AM by FJL »

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »

Happiest of anniversaries to DR DRUXY & SANDY!!!

Thank You, JRand.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2018, 11:25:36 AM »

Happy Birthday to the Vixter.

Happy Anniversary to DR Druxy and wife Sandy!

Thank you, Jennifer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2018, 12:02:42 PM »

I'm up, I'm up.  A little over eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2018, 12:05:57 PM »

I think Amazon is being very silly because I think the meaning behind "two people in the same household" is family, not two unrelated people who happen to share an address, i.e roommates who have nothing to do with each other.   Thanks Jane for reposting ChasSmith's review.  And ChasSmith if you can cut and paste you could also leave at barnesandnotble.com and goodreads.  It's all helpful.

ChasSmith

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2018, 12:45:03 PM »

Right. I’m sure they mean family members at the same address. Anything other than that, we’re talking completely outside of their box.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2018, 01:40:41 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to THE VIXTER!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to DR DRUXY and DW SANDY!

May you watch a great movie today.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2018, 01:43:21 PM »

It would have been considerate if Amazon had simply declined the new review and explained you already submitted a review from the same address.

It looks like they are the epitome of flexibility when compared with this exchange from  the Talkin Broadway board - every word guaranteed verbatim  Everything short of their co-owner Mike Reynolds twirling his mustache and tying me to the train tracks with the train coming.

Subject: Re: Please remove my 9:05 a.m. post under jesse's round-up ASAP. Thank you!

Per your request, the post has been removed from All That Chat.  Since to remove a post that has further comments attached to it removes those further comments as well, please be aware that we will no longer honor a request from you to remove any post of yours if anyone else has attached a reply to it.  To do so is not fair to the other people who post.
Your account has been suspended until you reply to this email to ensure you are aware of this restriction before you post any further messages on All That Chat.

This restriction applies to you from this point on.  Whether it applies to anyone else is none of your business until and/or if an addition is made to Talkin' Broadway's Terms of Service addressing this issue specifically.
And please be aware if we feel you are attempting to manipulate what posts we deem necessary to remove from All That Chat by posting other offensive posts in violation of the Terms of Service, we will permanently suspend your account for cause.

This decision is not open for further discussion.  The only pertinent reference at this point is paragraph 9.2 from Talkin' Broadway's Terms of Service:  9.2 Talkin' Broadway may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of Talkin' Broadway without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach or assignment of these Terms of Service.

I think Mr Reynolds is just plain nasty. But I suspect Amazon is more a lack of competence and not thinking things through.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2018, 01:45:46 PM »

Vixmom, I imagine your heart ran the equivalent of a marathon yesterday, so of course you feel tired!

Vibes you rest well and soon feel more chipper.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »

Have a good day, everyone.

TTFN.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2018, 02:16:00 PM »

I have avoided Talkin' Broadway and that other ATC board for years just because of the idiots running it....and some of the idiots that spend their lives in one or both places.....

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »

Well that wasn't rude at all!. Do I even want to know why they write to you in that obnoxious tone?  The problem with amazon is that the CS really don't know what is going on IMO. They should know their own rule.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »

I think Amazon is being very silly because I think the meaning behind "two people in the same household" is family, not two unrelated people who happen to share an address, i.e roommates who have nothing to do with each other.   Thanks Jane for reposting ChasSmith's review.  And ChasSmith if you can cut and paste you could also leave at barnesandnotble.com and goodreads.  It's all helpful.

Amazon has been acting crazy for a while re: book reviews. They won't let anyone review a book if they think that you know the author. They won't let any two people in the same household. But what if they both read the book. I've heard of so many reviews removed it's crazy and scary. Because you have little recourse.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2018, 02:55:07 PM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to DR DRUXY and DW SANDY!

May you watch a great movie today.

Thank you, Jeanne.

I'm sure we will.

;)

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2018, 03:46:24 PM »

Even if you are family your views can be very different.

You are welcome :)

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »

Oh my DR FJL.

Thank goodness we can delete our own posts here.  Bruce would never let us delete and reduce the number of posts ;)

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »

About the review "I" posted.  I went to see if it was in Keith's name since that is how our account is set up.  I don't see the review. Does/did anyone see it?

Update as of 6:00pm the review is up.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:07:57 PM by Jane »

Laura

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »

Happy Birthday to The Vixter.

Laura

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2018, 03:56:54 PM »

Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Druxy!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »

Amazon has been acting crazy for a while re: book reviews. They won't let anyone review a book if they think that you know the author. They won't let any two people in the same household. But what if they both read the book. I've heard of so many reviews removed it's crazy and scary. Because you have little recourse.

I wish I had checked if my review posted before we left to do an errand.  I have no idea if if posted or was removed because it was not my "material".  Now if I try to write a review it offers me options under items we have purchased but not under GEE.

I hope I am simply doing something wrong and just need the process explained to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up