Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SLEEP DEPRIVED  (Read 5682 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: SLEEP DEPRIVED
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2018, 08:00:05 AM »

Rehearsal started at 7:10 last night and ended at 8:55.....so we did okay, I guess......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2018, 08:32:27 AM »

Belated Birthday wishes to Fred.

Thanks, Michael!   

(Don't forget to thank the little people if you win some movie awards.  Since I'm 5'7" I'd love to be thanked as one of the little people!)

FJL

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2018, 08:35:51 AM »

When we did THE ADDAMS FAMILY last year - the materials and contract we signed FORBADE us from using the Vic Mizzy theme UNLESS we contacted his estate/music publisher and made separate $$$ arrangements with them....  IT SPECIFICALLY reminded us that the recording could not be used as PreShow or Intermission music without paying the performance fee.

As DR CHAS SMITH says....a few measures are played....but just enough to recognize.....

I wonder if a parody YouTube can be played in the lobby.  i know one you can play gratis.  :)

John & Abigail Adams Family parody (oh, come on, I haven't trotted this out at least since July 4.  :)  )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bUcJKIYFyw

FJL

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2018, 08:37:05 AM »

Gosh, it's been on YouTube since 2010, early in my doing the YouTubes.  That's probably why it's not in stereo. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2018, 10:08:11 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - only six hours - not enough.  But somewhere between the time I shaved yesterday (around three) and the time I showered last night (around ten) the hot water stopped working, as did the heater.  So, I checked everything this morning and water is cold and heater isn't working.  What's weird is if the pilot light's out on the water heater that's one thing, but then what's with the heater - that pilot light went out, too?  At the same time?  The stove is working fine.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2018, 10:31:46 AM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  My sister and her husband spent last night here in Middletown on their way home from Florida.  We had dinner with them and then they crashed.  This morning, they picked me up at 10 and I took them to the book sale and to a couple of downtown shops.  They pulled away from our house at 11 and should be getting close to Michigan by now.  They're ready to be home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2018, 10:33:16 AM »

In a couple of hours Richard will drop me off for a 2-hour shift at the book sale.  He'll pick me up at 5:45, we'll get a quick supper somewhere, and be in Oxford for a 7:30 concert by the Miami University Men's Glee Club.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »

Well I was just offered the part of the Monsignor in the musical in SISTER ACT being produced at DePauw in September....HA! 

Fun!  I am directing the September show at PCPH, and Sister Act goes up the week after it closes....so I will get to be busy....

And last year.....who knew if I would HAVE a this year?  I am not turning down ANY opportunities for sure.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2018, 11:01:19 AM »

Annabelle and I just made our building patrol.  She generally runs beside or ahead of me to scratch her claws on the neighbors' door mats.  Then she goes either up or down the stairs, marking her territory on the bannister, window sills, and steps.  Occasionally she'll lie down on the steps and lounge like Liz Taylor in Cleopatra.

This morning, she did something she's never done before in the past seven months: she lay down on my shoes and played with my socks and shoelaces before trying to sharpen her claws on my shoes, all very affectionately.  Then she headed up the stairs.

Cute.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »

I’m afraid I’m missing this one completely, DR Elmore.

Life interfered. The Ohio trip is on for next week. Leaving Wednesday morning. But I had to get it done.

I do wish I could accompany you.  Now that I've got my new 2018-2020 lease, I'm thinking about moving back to Ohio.  I'm not getting enough work to afford to live here.

Could you work from Ohio?

Jane

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2018, 11:03:16 AM »

Spoke with the film producer on Wednesday and the writer he wanted to pair me with to help write the screenplay has agreed to meet. I have seen several of his plays. He has been produced Off-Broadway and internationally. This is very exciting for me. I hope it works out

Fingers crossed!

Jane

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2018, 11:04:58 AM »

Well I was just offered the part of the Monsignor in the musical in SISTER ACT being produced at DePauw in September....HA! 

Fun!  I am directing the September show at PCPH, and Sister Act goes up the week after it closes....so I will get to be busy....

And last year.....who knew if I would HAVE a this year?  I am not turning down ANY opportunities for sure.

Wonderful and congratulations!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »

George, I'll find out.

Thanks!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2018, 11:46:38 AM »

Back to the family Addams tonight.

This is quite the production, and I’m only sorry it’s impossible for me to see it from the pit. Later I’ll go grab a couple of Facebook photos.

Does it include the Addams Family TV theme?  When i saw it on Broadway, it was there, but seemed very brief

(felt like almost as little as needed to make it not be false advertising that it was in some advertising  :) 

In that vein, it's official that the Carly Simon Oscar song from the movie "Working Girl" will not be in he upcoming musical version. 

(unlike the Broadway musical "Rocky" having included and really used "Eye of The Tiger.")

The new ALW musical version of "School of Rock" licensed THREE songs from the movie.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2018, 11:48:01 AM »

Since her name came up last night and there's nowhere else to put this:  Stephanie Block as one of the Chers in Brioadway's "The Cher Show" - that

Tune of “The Way of Love” (1970’s vintage Cher)

When we find a show,
That we like a lot.
Since we love the songs,
And don’t mind the plot.

When the sales don’t tank,
Once reviews appear,
Though some may get frank,
If the book’s not clear.

Know the Great White Way,
Is a Way of Dough.
And the songs we hum,
Are what drive B.O..

When we score a pair,
We’re in ecstasy.
We came for one Cher,
And they gave us three.

Great White Way of Dough.
Hooray for dough!

That's great, Fred!

George

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2018, 11:48:26 AM »

Spoke with the film producer on Wednesday and the writer he wanted to pair me with to help write the screenplay has agreed to meet. I have seen several of his plays. He has been produced Off-Broadway and internationally. This is very exciting for me. I hope it works out

Congrats and Good Luck, Michael!

George

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2018, 11:48:53 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - only six hours - not enough.  But somewhere between the time I shaved yesterday (around three) and the time I showered last night (around ten) the hot water stopped working, as did the heater.  So, I checked everything this morning and water is cold and heater isn't working.  What's weird is if the pilot light's out on the water heater that's one thing, but then what's with the heater - that pilot light went out, too?  At the same time?  The stove is working fine.

:o Yikes!  Hopefully you can get it fixed quickly!

George

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »

Congrats, Jrand!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2018, 11:52:35 AM »

Thanks DR JANE and DR GEORGE.....hopefully the scheduling can be arranged....

Jane

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2018, 12:04:01 PM »

Bruce do you need your heater on right now?  I hate not having hot water, especially when I need the heater on.
Good luck it is a quick fix.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2018, 01:50:15 PM »

We shall see when the plumber gets here - but how two pilot lights could go out at the same time is pretty outre - unless they're somehow tied together.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »

Could be a vast right wing conspiracy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »

We shall see when the plumber gets here - but how two pilot lights could go out at the same time is pretty outre - unless they're somehow tied together.

sounds like the gas has been shut off.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »

Problem solved.  Some earthquake thing under the house got tripped - no one knows how other than it may be too sensitive.  When that happens it automatically shuts down the water heater, the stove, and the heater.  He reset, restarted the water heater, and voila.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2018, 03:44:45 PM »

I’m afraid I’m missing this one completely, DR Elmore.

Life interfered. The Ohio trip is on for next week. Leaving Wednesday morning. But I had to get it done.

I do wish I could accompany you.  Now that I've got my new 2018-2020 lease, I'm thinking about moving back to Ohio.  I'm not getting enough work to afford to live here.

Could you work from Ohio?

On some projects.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2018, 03:45:40 PM »

And I am home.  Thatch and Annabelle were happy to see me since it meant their dinner wait was over.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2018, 04:22:37 PM »

Problem solved.  Some earthquake thing under the house got tripped - no one knows how other than it may be too sensitive.  When that happens it automatically shuts down the water heater, the stove, and the heater.  He reset, restarted the water heater, and voila.

Glad that it's a simple fix.  Is this something that you can do if it happens again? 

George

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2018, 04:45:12 PM »

Well, I must be off.  I'm working concessions at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts.  A local ballet company is doing "Alice in Wonderland."  The WCPA was desperate for volunteers!  They wanted nine concessionaires, and as of yesterday, only two, count 'em TWO signed up.  So, I signed up and there will be at least three.  Oh, well.  It'll be what it'll be. ;)

Until later!

KevinH

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2018, 04:53:13 PM »

Page 2 Malarkey!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up